Jesus on Marriage...

I don't really have an agenda. :lol:

As I previously mentioned, I don't care what you people believe just so long as it doesn't affect my way of living.

I'm here to debate just for pure entertainment purposes, and if I am wrong, then I'll be the first to admit it (as evidenced by the discussion in the 'Sexual Orientation: What Are Its Causes' thread).

You're a breath of fresh air.

Thanks!

I don't really have an agenda. :lol:

As I previously mentioned, I don't care what you people believe just so long as it doesn't affect my way of living.

I'm here to debate just for pure entertainment purposes, and if I am wrong, then I'll be the first to admit it (as evidenced by the discussion in the 'Sexual Orientation: What Are Its Causes' thread).

I didn't mean your agenda. I meant those who have an agenda of disproving the authority and authenticity of the Word of God. Many people believe it is their agenda to show the Bible is in error for the simple reason they choose to live against the will of their Creator.

You brought it up, harridan. I was responding to your comments about God being okay with it, and was speaking to that, as a Christian, to people who attempt to justify sin by lying about the bible.

So what? You sound painfully like Luissa on a retard rant. If you want to beat people over the head with the bible, then they will respond. YOu want to piss and moan about how God is okay with homosexuality, I'm going to call you a liar, and state that you're bastardizing the word to suit yourself. Is it a crime? Nope. Is it indicative of a small and twisted soul? Yes.

when it comes to small and twisted souls, allie wrote the book.

You brought it up, harridan. I was responding to your comments about God being okay with it, and was speaking to that, as a Christian, to people who attempt to justify sin by lying about the bible.

So what? You sound painfully like Luissa on a retard rant. If you want to beat people over the head with the bible, then they will respond. YOu want to piss and moan about how God is okay with homosexuality, I'm going to call you a liar, and state that you're bastardizing the word to suit yourself. Is it a crime? Nope. Is it indicative of a small and twisted soul? Yes.
Is your Gawd not a loving Gawd?

Mine is.

I never beat anyone over the head with the bible. If I were so inclined to beat someone over the head with some tome, there are much heavier ones available.

And, I KNOW for a fact that I have NEVER said Gawd is OK with homosexuality because I rarely say something when I have no idea whether I am right or not.

You clearly have me confused with someone else, as those who are so defensive about their faith usually do.

Slut.

Hmmmm. As it has been a long time since I had any religious instruction, I still recall a few things from it.

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" rings a bell with me.

And, as I hear the Lord's prayer quite a bit, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us".

Oh well, I guess I got it wrong. But, I sorta like what I DO recall from it. ;)

Christianity was never intended to be a religion. It is a relationship. But, people being people, they are more comfortable with rules and rituals and they have made a religion out of it. Or more correctly hundreds of religions out of it, each one developing their own scriptural interpretations, installing they own customs and practices, and each attempting to be the most Christlike. In the process to many judge the others as inferior or in error or sinful. Or that group that rejects it all and considers those who believe as the bad ones.

And thus we have exchanges like too many on this thread--people blaming each other, accusing each other, insulting each other, and feeling self righteous about their own sense of virtue and purity and demonstrating smugness about how superior their point of view is to that of everybody else.

And I feel pretty safe in thinking that it probably makes Christ weep.
As I said before, I never really bought much about my religion, but the Gawd I learned about would be in favor of living and letting live, as long as you don't hurt others in the process. Yeah, he's not a big fan of sin, but He loves everyone, even sinners like me. ;)

God's forgiveness of our sins does not translate into "live and let live" by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes God forgives us all our sins, if we ask for forgiveness. That doesn't mean we are to turn a blind eye to sin, or that we should cease to object to sinful practices, or start teaching children that they are "okay" because God forgives everybody everything.

God doesn't forgive everything, and he won't forgive everybody, and just because a person can be forgiven for any sin doesn't mean we forget that sin exists.

Christianity was never intended to be a religion. It is a relationship. But, people being people, they are more comfortable with rules and rituals and they have made a religion out of it. Or more correctly hundreds of religions out of it, each one developing their own scriptural interpretations, installing they own customs and practices, and each attempting to be the most Christlike. In the process to many judge the others as inferior or in error or sinful. Or that group that rejects it all and considers those who believe as the bad ones.

And thus we have exchanges like too many on this thread--people blaming each other, accusing each other, insulting each other, and feeling self righteous about their own sense of virtue and purity and demonstrating smugness about how superior their point of view is to that of everybody else.

And I feel pretty safe in thinking that it probably makes Christ weep.
As I said before, I never really bought much about my religion, but the Gawd I learned about would be in favor of living and letting live, as long as you don't hurt others in the process. Yeah, he's not a big fan of sin, but He loves everyone, even sinners like me. ;)

God's forgiveness of our sins does not translate into "live and let live" by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes God forgives us all our sins, if we ask for forgiveness. That doesn't mean we are to turn a blind eye to sin, or that we should cease to object to sinful practices, or start teaching children that they are "okay" because God forgives everybody everything.

God doesn't forgive everything, and he won't forgive everybody, and just because a person can be forgiven for any sin doesn't mean we forget that sin exists.
Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

WE no longer follow the teaching of Christ anymore. We make our own rules and laws. Christianity is the most mis used religion in the world. we all know how GOD feels about discipline and homosexuality among other things but we chose to ignore them and take the advice of others and that will be the downfall of America and christianity.

Who are you again?

Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

Lol...sure he is. You think you dictate who God is?

How does your god feel about being called "gawd", do you think?

Exodus 20

New International Version (NIV)

The Ten Commandments

20 And God spoke all these words:
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

Matthew 5:19

19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
7“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
:rolleyes:

The commandment means that God doesn't want people to use his name to claim a false authority. You know, like you do. And the OP did.

Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

Of course I don't dictate that.

I DO dictate what MY beliefs are, or even if I have any.

Sorta nice living in the USA for that reason (and many others).

And, as an aside, I would bet the atheist community loves you. You probably turn more away from any faith in one year than ten of them can do in a lifetime.

:thup:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

The commandment means that God doesn't want people to use his name to claim a false authority. You know, like you do. And the OP did.

No, it means God doesn't want people to misuse his name.

Which I certainly haven't done. This discussion is beyond you. But then, pretty much every conversation is. You might want to take a peek at the second one.."Whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, AND TEACHES MEN SO, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven;"

It's one thing to hate the bible yourself. But incorrectly teaching people that sin is okay puts you in a special class.

Last edited:
Your god is not my god.

Sorry.

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

Of course I don't dictate that.

I DO dictate what MY beliefs are, or even if I have any.

Sorta nice living in the USA for that reason (and many others).

And, as an aside, I would bet the atheist community loves you. You probably turn more away from any faith in one year than ten of them can do in a lifetime.

:thup:

Naw. As you know from being a veteran of this site, atheists typically hate my guts.

So tell me how you think your *gawd* feels about you using the word *gawd*.

I didn't say you don't dictate your beliefs. I said your beliefs don't dictate who God is. And they don't.

Last edited:

Exodus 20

The Ten Commandments

No, it means God doesn't want people to misuse his name.

Which I certainly haven't done. This discussion is beyond you. But then, pretty much every conversation is. You might want to take a peek at the second one.."Whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, AND TEACHES MEN SO, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven;"

It's one thing to hate the bible yourself. But incorrectly teaching people that sin is okay puts you in a special class.
You're the one that is attempting to "teach" people what isn't true.

Forum List

Back