Jesus said.......

I amso IR

"Well Yea, Duh"!
Jul 11, 2015
Matthew 7:6 (KJV)
6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Christ Reproves Rash Judgment (7:1-6)
We must judge ourselves, and judge of our own acts, but not make our word a law to everybody. We must not judge rashly, nor pass judgment upon our brother without any ground. We must not make the worst of people. Here is a just reproof to those who quarrel with their brethren for small faults, while they allow themselves in greater ones. Some sins are as motes, while others are as beams; some as a gnat, others as a camel. Not that there is any sin little; if it be a mote, or splinter, it is in the eye; if a gnat, it is in the throat; both are painful and dangerous, and we cannot be easy or well till they are got out. That which charity teaches us to call but a splinter in our brother's eye, true repentance and godly sorrow will teach us to call a beam in our own. It is as strange that a man can be in a sinful, miserable condition, and not be aware of it, as that a man should have a beam in his eye, and not consider it; but the god of this world blinds their minds. Here is a good rule for reprovers; first reform thyself. (Matthew Henry Concise Commentary)

Children play children's games. Adult's should know better. Reason for yourself only, after all it is only you affected, in the end. Christ was not a door mat as many believe. Christ was and is the God Man. Either you accept Christ as such or you do not! That is an individual matter, not public. Why would a true Christian put Christ back on the Cross? He is not on the Cross, He came down from the cross and arose from the dead. Christ is as alive today as he was at the moment prior to his death. He died to prove his immortality, nothing more, nothing less. When I see the Catholic Cruifix I see a living, suffering, Christ who paid for my sins and the sins of all mankind. One need only claim that redemption and live accordingly. Many are called, few respond. King Soloman hit the nail on the head, "vanity, all is vanity", as far as man is concerned. Score one point for a pragmatist. As Saul said, "I am chief among all sinners" what he did not say was, welcome to the club. We are the club! By all means believe as you will, that is how Christ would have it. But stop casting pearls before the swine! Christ deserves better. Christ is better or He would not have said it! Try reading the entire red letter portion of the bible, those words are, as best we know, the words of Christ, himself and not every Tom, Dick & Harry. Those words will enlighten a darkened mind.

6 "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

We must judge ourselves, and judge of our own acts, but not make our word a law to everybody. We must not judge rashly, nor pass judgment upon our brother without any ground. We must not make the worst of people. Here is a just reproof to those who quarrel with their brethren for small faults, while they allow themselves in greater ones. Some sins are as motes, while others are as beams; some as a gnat, others as a camel. Not that there is any sin little; if it be a mote, or splinter, it is in the eye; if a gnat, it is in the throat; both are painful and dangerous, and we cannot be easy or well till they are got out. That which charity teaches us to call but a splinter in our brother's eye, true repentance and godly sorrow will teach us to call a beam in our own. It is as strange that a man can be in a sinful, miserable condition, and not be aware of it, as that a man should have a beam in his eye, and not consider it; but the god of this world blinds their minds. Here is a good rule for reprovers; first reform thyself. (Matthew Henry Concise Commentary)

Children play children's games. Adult's should know better. Reason for yourself only, after all it is only you affected, in the end. Christ was not a door mat as many believe. Christ was and is the God Man. Either you accept Christ as such or you do not! That is an individual matter, not public. Why would a true Christian put Christ back on the Cross? He is not on the Cross, He came down from the cross and arose from the dead. Christ is as alive today as he was at the moment prior to his death. He died to prove his immortality, nothing more, nothing less. When I see the Catholic Cruifix I see a living, suffering, Christ who paid for my sins and the sins of all mankind. One need only claim that redemption and live accordingly. Many are called, few respond. King Soloman hit the nail on the head, "vanity, all is vanity", as far as man is concerned. Score one point for a pragmatist. As Saul said, "I am chief among all sinners" what he did not say was, welcome to the club. We are the club! By all means believe as you will, that is how Christ would have it. But stop casting pearls before the swine! Christ deserves better. Christ is better or He would not have said it! Try reading the entire red letter portion of the bible, those words are, as best we know, the words of Christ, himself and not every Tom, Dick & Harry. Those words will enlighten a darkened mind.

Billions have read what Jesus spoke--Few have a clue as to what he taught.

Interesting enough swine=sous would be written Ie(the)Sous (swine) like the term that in Greek is used for Jesus (IeSous).
Might have been an underhanded slang term Rome gave the character. Rememver there was no Jewish messianic figure with that name, this is therefore a given name by the creators of his image.
So if you reread putting pearls before the swine you can also read it as not putting your pearls before Jesus.

Now about Judging and not judging, there is one who is allowed to judge, that being the refiners fire. Without Judgement by the judge you never get purified thus never become more valuable from removing your impurities.
Judgement day was supposed to be
Rosh HaShanah in the Jubilee
year 1998 which in no coincidence Rosh HaShanah fell on Michaelemas that year, the celebration day of the one who is seen as the Judge.

• Banned

Billions have read what Jesus spoke--Few have a clue as to what he taught.[/QUOTE)

In a general sense, perhaps so, assuming they read his words for kudo's. "Man's church" is big on that. When I attend church it is my purpose to worship He who is worthy. I have found the atmosphere of the Catholic Church most conducive to my needs. I in no way say the church is perfect and will not defend past sins. Church is not a clam bake but a time for introspection and reflection. So many times I hear folks say, what would Jesus do? The red letter text reveals that, it provides an insight straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. That is my personal point. Ignor the remainder of scripture(?) no way! But from my personnel point of view, I want to get into Jesus mindset and understand his thinking. The twelve relied upon His spoken word. Should we do less? And frankly I cannot help the non believer if they firmly believe not. That is in my opinion why Jesus told his disciples, pack it up and move on. There are more fish to fry! To become so obsessed with a disbeliever is a disservice to Christ."Let the dead bury the dead". Thank you for responding.

• Banned
Interesting enough swine=sous would be written Ie(the)Sous (swine) like the term that in Greek is used for Jesus (IeSous).
Might have been an underhanded slang term Rome gave the character. Rememver there was no Jewish messianic figure with that name, this is therefore a given name by the creators of his image.
So if you reread putting pearls before the swine you can also read it as not putting your pearls before Jesus.

Now about Judging and not judging, there is one who is allowed to judge, that being the refiners fire. Without Judgement by the judge you never get purified thus never become more valuable from removing your impurities.
Judgement day was supposed to be
Rosh HaShanah in the Jubilee
year 1998 which in no coincidence Rosh HaShanah fell on Michaelemas that year, the celebration day of the one who is seen as the Judge.

HaShev, you have come to me, not I to you. I have no time for legalistic argument or Man's Church. Best you take that up with your legalistic friends. My faith is with Jesus and you will not sway that in the least. Out side of the church, I introduced you to my feelings of you and your country men. I purposely did not involve Christ as that would be an abomination. I apologized in good faith for upsetting Jeremiah and yourself. Now, please, get out of my world. You bore me.

Well thank you for apologizing, I didn't know who you were apologising to in that thread.
However, that has nothing to do with my post which is merely stating that words can be missconstrued and thus meanings can change. Also the naming of the character and use of the 100bc son of the Harlot and his mother by the church is very important as it helps reveal a pattern of mockery and underhanded backhanded slaps expected by an opposing (satanic) and maniacal authority.

• Banned
Again my apology to all for the affront mentioned by Jeremiah. I take issue with the assertion that "I dare to speak" that way to a Jew. However that is neither here nor there, except to say, the way you folks fight amongst yourselves I find that standing humorous in and of itself as do I with the different Christian groups. Again I attribute that to legalism's which are frowned upon openly but used extensively in private. I know nothing of Jewish history other than that which the bible reveals. The Gd of Israel which I believe as the One True God, has got to be shaking his/her head in wonder, using that term wonder loosely. I have an avid interest in history but that interest does not date back before that which the church thinks it knows as opposed to what it does know. I have had an eclectic life in terms of religion and have run the Christian table pretty much. I settled with the Roman Church as there is an air of prayer decorum which I do not find in the protester's church's. That is important to my basic form of worship, which entails worship and not a gathering of gadflies. Simply put, I go where I am comfortable and able to communicate with my God and Lord. I believe I am a sinner saved by the Grace of God, simply put. And upon my earthly death I expect to be placed in appropriate location by one far wiser than I. Perhaps with the "Back row Baptists". I could never make it as a Jewish Convert as simply reading what you write with reference to prehistoric time and era's and all of the detail involved, blows my mind. As far as the use of a 100 bc Harlot and her son is concerned, I have no idea what you discus, but if it is what I think it is, please give it a break. Ain't true and never will be. As far as Baal is concerned, they ate their own to my way of thinking, not unlike the Inca cutting out beating hearts and holding them up to the gods. I have no problems with the Spanish thinking of the time. Being retired military, I respect the hell out of the Israeli Defense Force, they are some tough nuts to crack. Have a nice Jewish day. Peace be with you.

Oh the irony.

• Banned
Matthew 8:5-13 (NAB)
5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him,
6 saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully."
7 He said to him, "I will come and cure him."
8 The centurion said in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed.
9 For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.
11 I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the kingdom of heaven,
12 but the children of the kingdom will be driven out into the outer darkness, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth."
13 And Jesus said to the centurion, "You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you." And at that very hour (his) servant was healed.

The Love of God, for all mankind is seen in these nine verses of Matthew. A Centurion, a Roman Military Officer, a Company Commander in the structure of the United States Army today, came to Jesus and asked for his servant to be healed. Jesus accepted the request and offered to go and do so. The Centurion, in response said, Sir, my home is unworthy of your presence. I also am a person of authority. (He recognizes Jesus authority) and when I give an order I expect that order to be carried out. (Sir, you have that authority and I ask you to use it here and now) Jesus marveled at at the respect given him by this man. Jesus goes on to say, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the kingdom of heaven,
12 but the children of the kingdom will be driven out into the outer darkness, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth."

Jesus compare's this respect, from the enemy, to the respect given him by his own people, the Jewish, and is negative towards his own people and positive towards the enemy. And he further states, his own people will be cast out of the "kingdom of heaven", as the believer reclines in comfort. And then Jesus heals the servant.
All one must do, is "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ", and he will be saved.

"Works" are wonderful things, to be accomplished after passing through the door of faith, but offer little prior to that. Enjoy them while you may, when you approach heaven, they become "chaff in the wind" if there is no belief. Such is the reward of the legalistic view. Simply believe and express that belief as the Centurion did. And that is why the Jewish face an uphill battle. They refuse to believe. Their's is a rigid system of legality which is inflexible. That will not work with a flexible Jesus.

I myself am a military man and understands the value of orders versus requests. There is a time for order and a time for reflexion. That Roman knew that and acted on faith. No one nation was more formal than Rome. Yet in this situation faith trumped.

To the Jewish, it is time to understand that being inflexible has it's inherit disadvantages. Legalistic's will continue to bind you. Jesus cut that rope over two thousand years ago. In his own words, "Let the dead bury the dead", while you are able. It is not to late. The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed. The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed. Peace be with you.

Oh the irony.
It simply depends on one's point of view.

quote >>"chaff in the wind"
THIS ACT of removing the chaff is called
THRESHER in Hebrew is called "Dosh".
The Temple is called Mikdosh (&Mikdash) after the thresher Michael.
The Temple is not called Jesusdosh.

Sources of importance to this:
The name is in the Temple (MIKDASH) in his name.- (Melakim {I Kings8:43}(2Chronicles6)
Ma'aser Sheni in the Torah says
About tithing the produced food and eating it at the Temple:
“at the site that He shall choose to place His Name”
Michael is the Thresher thus it's also called the MIKdosh (dosh=thresher).
Refering to removing the chaff from the wheat and thus thin film veil from our eyes as well
(Isaiah 25:7says Moshiach removes the thin veil from our eyes)

quote >>"chaff in the wind"
THIS ACT of removing the chaff is called
THRESHER in Hebrew is called "Dosh".
The Temple is called Mikdosh (&Mikdash) after the thresher Michael.
The Temple is not called Jesusdosh.

Sources of importance to this:
The name is in the Temple (MIKDASH) in his name.- (Melakim {I Kings8:43}(2Chronicles6)
Ma'aser Sheni in the Torah says
About tithing the produced food and eating it at the Temple:
“at the site that He shall choose to place His Name”
Michael is the Thresher thus it's also called the MIKdosh (dosh=thresher).
Refering to removing the chaff from the wheat and thus thin film veil from our eyes as well
(Isaiah 25:7says Moshiach removes the thin veil from our eyes)

I appreciate the explanation. However. in this situation blindness is not making reference to the eyes but to the blind mind. Even a "blind" squirrel finds a nut every now and then. He uses other facilities such as scent and mind. And yes Jesus did cure blindness. In this instance he is the nut the squirrel is seeking. The fact that the Temple is named MIKdosh and not Jesusdosh is that you have remained in the distant past using outdated references. That may be compared to the squirrel not finding a nut, nor will he ever as long as he refuses to accept his blindness and adapt his mind to the task. Humbly yours, Timothy, and yes that is biblical. A pretty decent dude as I recall. Peace be with you.

HaShev, may I ask the meaning of your name HaShev? Herbie, my computer, has problems narrowing it down.

Mark 14:57-58 (NAB)
57 Some took the stand and testified falsely against him, alleging,
58 "We heard him say, 'I will destroy this temple made with hands and within three days I will build another not made with hands.' "

Scholars agree that Jesus was making reference to Himself when he proclaimed "I will build another not made with hands." He knew that ancient writings were being updated, in our terminology. Times have always progressed as that is God's plan. Civilizations progress and do not recede. Some times for the better and sometimes not so much better. I have to think, were Abraham, Issac, Jacob here today, hammering on the keyboards, with the knowledge of their time to present, they would have sharp words for us all. God spoke to Abraham personally when he prepared to sacrifice his son. What would Abraham's take on God allowing God's Son, Jesus, the essence of God to be sacrificed? It is us, "we", who need to get it straight! And yet, even Jesus, as a human being, the very essence of God, questioned the Father. "Why hast thou forsaken me"? Mankind of which God was a part of, through his Son, cried for mercy. That is the length and depth of our weakness. I am certain Abraham would bring that up to us. And, three days later, the temple was rebuilt and now stands forever. God will not allow that Temple to be destroyed by us. There is no need any longer for MIKdosh or Jesusdosh, as we are at the foot of GODdosh in a manner of speaking. That is the reality of the situation. I mean no offense and give none. Fact is simply fact, in this world or the realm of God. We need to learn to live with it. Time moves forward not backwards as painful as it may be. Peace be with you all.

Yes the scripture refered to healing the spiritual blind in the messianic age not literal eye sight. Ignorance and lies was called darkness, hence people being in the dark (not knowing) until Moshiach lifts the veil from their eyes (Isaiah 25:7) And the Gentiles finally see the face (revealing) of God (Isaiah 66:19 at the time of the Mikdosh procession).
Who does Dan 10:21 say best knows these truths (spiritual light?).
And that is the messenger of spiritual light shining through the darkness so you can finally see through that darkness and see things in their proper place.
The battle between light and darkness was always supposed to be seen as a battle between knowledge and truth overturning the lies and ignorance, not physical weaponry battle, but sWORD coming out the mouth, as truth needs no violence only lies and ignorance does.
HaShev you asked is Hebrew for Return, Restore, place back, Redeem. It's my nick name
THE SHEV (shortening of my last name without the prefix) used in my writting and music and to conceal THE full name which is created through your added family prefix depending on where your heritage is from (country of origin).

I find you comforting to speak with. Not that I agree in all aspects however generally you speak wisely and with authority proven by your references even though they are not mine. I thank you for sharing that which you believe and wish for you to understand where I am. We, Jewish and Christian have but one G-d/God, The Great "I Am". Unlike strident Christian/Jewish believers, my personal opinion and it is mine, is that our G-d/God is wise enough to know our hearts and intentions. God will not fail us for not trying, only for denying, and that is my own personal belief. I spent five years in an ultra orthodox Christian situation and left dismayed. What G-d/God, indeed, would destroy his child after giving that child every thing. Not the God which questions His own Son's death in pain and agony fully understanding it must be done to save all. And in return, all He ask's is, believe. Incredible in my view. I try to read between the lines when possible. What is the intent of a decision or matter? Why would someone do this or that in items of this importance. In this case, G-d loves us equally as much as His Son. That, my friend, is intensely, intense, from my point of view. Thank you for your time and attention. Peace be with you.

Billions have read what Jesus spoke--Few have a clue as to what he taught.[/QUOTE)

In a general sense, perhaps so, assuming they read his words for kudo's. "Man's church" is big on that. When I attend church it is my purpose to worship He who is worthy. I have found the atmosphere of the Catholic Church most conducive to my needs. I in no way say the church is perfect and will not defend past sins. Church is not a clam bake but a time for introspection and reflection. So many times I hear folks say, what would Jesus do? The red letter text reveals that, it provides an insight straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. That is my personal point. Ignor the remainder of scripture(?) no way! But from my personnel point of view, I want to get into Jesus mindset and understand his thinking. The twelve relied upon His spoken word. Should we do less? And frankly I cannot help the non believer if they firmly believe not. That is in my opinion why Jesus told his disciples, pack it up and move on. There are more fish to fry! To become so obsessed with a disbeliever is a disservice to Christ."Let the dead bury the dead". Thank you for responding.

Catholicism( 2Thess 2:3) teach a non existent trinity god.
Jesus teaches he has a God like we do--John 20:17, Rev 3:12--- so do his real teachers--2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6, 1Cor 15:24-28--- 1Peter 1:3--- Rev 1:6--- When contradiction arises--always believe Jesus--FIRST EVERYTIME.

Matthew 8:5-13 (NAB)
5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion approached him and appealed to him,
6 saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, suffering dreadfully."
7 He said to him, "I will come and cure him."
8 The centurion said in reply, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed.
9 For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come here,' and he comes; and to my slave, 'Do this,' and he does it."
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith.
11 I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the kingdom of heaven,
13 And Jesus said to the centurion, "You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you." And at that very hour (his) servant was healed.

The Love of God, for all mankind is seen in these nine verses of Matthew. A Centurion, a Roman Military Officer, a Company Commander in the structure of the United States Army today, came to Jesus and asked for his servant to be healed. Jesus accepted the request and offered to go and do so. The Centurion, in response said, Sir, my home is unworthy of your presence. I also am a person of authority. (He recognizes Jesus authority) and when I give an order I expect that order to be carried out. (Sir, you have that authority and I ask you to use it here and now) Jesus marveled at at the respect given him by this man. Jesus goes on to say, "Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. I say to you, many will come from the east and the west, and will recline with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the banquet in the kingdom of heaven,

Jesus compare's this respect, from the enemy, to the respect given him by his own people, the Jewish, and is negative towards his own people and positive towards the enemy. And he further states, his own people will be cast out of the "kingdom of heaven", as the believer reclines in comfort. And then Jesus heals the servant.
All one must do, is "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ", and he will be saved.

"Works" are wonderful things, to be accomplished after passing through the door of faith, but offer little prior to that. Enjoy them while you may, when you approach heaven, they become "chaff in the wind" if there is no belief. Such is the reward of the legalistic view. Simply believe and express that belief as the Centurion did. And that is why the Jewish face an uphill battle. They refuse to believe. Their's is a rigid system of legality which is inflexible. That will not work with a flexible Jesus.

I myself am a military man and understands the value of orders versus requests. There is a time for order and a time for reflexion. That Roman knew that and acted on faith. No one nation was more formal than Rome. Yet in this situation faith trumped.

To the Jewish, it is time to understand that being inflexible has it's inherit disadvantages. Legalistic's will continue to bind you. Jesus cut that rope over two thousand years ago. In his own words, "Let the dead bury the dead", while you are able. It is not to late. The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed. The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed. Peace be with you.

The Israelites served a single being God named-YHWH--The God taught to Jesus his first 30 years when attending the synagogues and temple, The God Jesus went to worship, The One Jesus calls my God-Rev 3:12

Matthew 11:28-30 (ASV)
28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

In another thread of this Forum a writer indicates that he is uncomfortable asking for himself when praying to Jesus. I am assuming this person is in a relationship with Jesus or at least exploring the possibility of seeking one. We have to remember that one cannot walk with Jesus without praying for ourselves first. We are the key to the door which allows us to go to Jesus for assistance for ourselves or for any one else for that matter. What Jesus wants from us is that we have a heart and mind dedicated to the Father and Jesus himself. Does Jesus answer all prayer or simply that of His followers? Is Jesus concerned about all things, yes I believe so. However Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, impregnated by the Holy Spirit, through the Word of God. His purpose was to bring God to earth and to offer His love to mankind through a personal relationship. We must be one with Christ. To do that we must pray, confess and accept Christ as our Lord and Savior. So, while we might feel it is selfish to pray for ourselves and not others, the truth is, unless we are right with Jesus, our prayers are simply that.

Prayer, from anyone is received and heard, from the good, the bad and the ugly. Prayer, from anyone will be considered as the Father, The Creator, has the interest of His entire creation at heart. He sent His only Son to pay for and redeem His fallen creation. Man left God, God did not leave man. For mankind to be in a proper relationship with the Creator, man must confess his failure to God the Creator. To do that man must confess he has sinned against that Creator. The Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ is the vehicle to deliver that confession. If done through prayer and with a life style change for the better, it will be done as the Fathers requirements, will have been met. "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." That is a compact, not wishful thinking.

By all means, meet your needs first that you will be free to meet the needs of other's. Think like the Roman Centurion discussed in #9, above.

John 12:37-50 (NKJV)
This is a very important passage. Jesus is telling all who will listen that one who does not believe that which He say's, does not believe in God Himself. He goes on further to say, when one gazes upon Him that, that person is gazing upon God. Jesus is confirming the He and God are one. A very serious conclusion indeed. Denying Jesus is to deny God and to deny God is to deny Jesus. It does not mean enough to say "I believe in God, but not in Jesus". Nor is "I believe in a God" sufficient, as there is but one "God".

44 Then Jesus cried out and said, "He who believes in Me, believes not in Me but in Him who sent Me.
45 And he who sees Me sees Him who sent Me.
46 I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him--the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

Forum List

Back