Jesus' true teachings.

Guy's, if you see God as all powerful and all knowing, try having some faith in that. God first, in all things, means just that. What do you think God wants from each of us, individually? Love, Loyalty, Faithfulness, Honest Witness. Why the finger pointing? Why the pissing contest? You think that pleases the Almighty? Tell me, given the choice, would you pray for Salvation or the Condemnation of your enemy? Would you pray for clarity of purpose, or harm to your enemy? Would you pray that you are right and victorious in a matter, or that circumstance conforms you to God's will. Do you doubt for one second that God reaches whoever he wills, on His terms, not mine or yours. Who does God Not teach to live life through their own eyes? Who does He not reach through Conscience? It's kinda like Job and his friends here, right now. That's not Divine Inspiration. Allow that we each come from different backgrounds, with different brand and style training wheels. Who is to say that is not part of the plan? If you want to argue, how about something like corruption of principle? What is it? Where do we find it? How do we identify it? Where do we go from there? WWJD?

One of my personal favorites of the teachings of Jesus, is one where many on the right that claim to be people of faith, should pay more attention to, which is the story of the "two rooms".
Where in the Bible can I find this story?

Its not in the Bible.

Doesn't have to be.

I agree, it doesn't have to be. It is a story that should make us think about serving each other more and realizing by doing so we are nourishing our own souls. I liked it.

I find that bearing witness, testifying and telling the "whole truth" will put you at odds with a whole bunch of people, Intense. Still I find I do not mind it. I feel more at peace with myself then I used to over it. I won't compromise on the Word but I do not always feel led to tell what I see. In fact most times I don't.

I find that bearing witness, testifying and telling the "whole truth" will put you at odds with a whole bunch of people, Intense. Still I find I do not mind it. I feel more at peace with myself then I used to over it. I won't compromise on the Word but I do not always feel led to tell what I see. In fact most times I don't.

I know what you are saying there. :) I like to pray for clarity of purpose, so that temperament is a part of the equation. Truth can be used both to heal and to hurt. Either we are a part of the solution or we are at war with it, can't be both. Asking oneself about clarification, even conformation, before acting and causing compound or collateral damage, is prudent. If I'm going to say or do something, .... to what end.... clarity of purpose. There is circumstance .... and focus. There is a scalpel, and a hammer, and an axe, what is required? ;) :) :lol: :redface:

Don't they teach eventually one becomes a God like the almighty true God?

You mean the teachings of the Bible?

Yes

Gods word doesnt teach that.

The Bible is very clear that those who recieve the word are gods. It's clear that we become joint heirs with Christ everything the Father has. That we recieve power and dominion. It clearly teaches that we become partakers of the Divine Nature because of the Atonement. And that when Christ appears, we will see that we are like Him.

"As man now is, God once was;
As God now is, man can become."

That's the central message of the Bible.

Yes

The Bible is very clear that those who recieve the word are gods. It's clear that we become joint heirs with Christ everything the Father has. That we recieve power and dominion. It clearly teaches that we become partakers of the Divine Nature because of the Atonement. And that when Christ appears, we will see that we are like Him.

Why did you quit the last debate?

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Yes

No, The Hebrew word used , elohim, means gods but it also means judges.

When Jesus quoted scripture that says "ye are gods', "to whom the word of God was delivered' in defense of his claim of being Gods son against the charge of blasphemy, he was saying that the action of God in delivering the law made judges of the ones to whom the law was given, judges not gods.

It follows then since Jesus was chosen by God to reveal the commands of God to the people in fulfillment of Deuteronomy 18:18, it was God who made Jesus Gods son, a relational metaphor, in the same way that those who received the law from God were made Judges of the law by God..

Last edited:

Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I didn't. Just quoted scriptures like this that are completely irrelevant to the discussion and ignored all argument and scriptures contrary.

Christ said that those who recieve the word are gods. He used it as an argument as to why it wasn't blasphemous to say He is the Son of God.

You keep trying to say the word should be translated judges. But it simply doesn't make sense in the context of argument or of either passage.

I pointed out this. And also directed you to other scriptures. Paul was quite clear that we are joint heirs with Christ and recieve all that the Father has. Peter was clear that through the grace of God we are partakers of the Divine Nature. John testified how we are to inherit dominions and powers. He also testified that when we see Christ we will see that we are like Him.

We are literally the offspring of God. We are His Children. And what do children grow up to become? Their parents.

There is a reason that God was made Flesh. It was to teach us how to become gods.

It's the central theme of the New Testament. Who am I to deny what God has said through His Holy Prophets and Apostles?

Only 1 gets a capitol G--God=YHWH(Jehovah) --- small capitol g is not calling them God. It means more like carrying out the will of the true God---like Moses was called--god( small g) It was not calling Moses the almighty God. nor would he ever become an almighty God--Gods word teaches 1 God---the end.

I didn't. Just quoted scriptures like this that are completely irrelevant to the discussion and ignored all argument and scriptures contrary.

Christ said that those who recieve the word are gods. He used it as an argument as to why it wasn't blasphemous to say He is the Son of God.

You keep trying to say the word should be translated judges. But it simply doesn't make sense in the context of argument or of either passage.

I pointed out this. And also directed you to other scriptures. Paul was quite clear that we are joint heirs with Christ and recieve all that the Father has. Peter was clear that through the grace of God we are partakers of the Divine Nature. John testified how we are to inherit dominions and powers. He also testified that when we see Christ we will see that we are like Him.

We are literally the offspring of God. We are His Children. And what do children grow up to become? Their parents.

There is a reason that God was made Flesh. It was to teach us how to become gods.

It's the central theme of the New Testament. Who am I to deny what God has said through His Holy Prophets and Apostles?

There is no reason for me to believe you read the link because you haven't responded:

Jesus' statement must be understood as part of Hid overall reasoning here which is an "a fortiori" argument: "If God even called human judges gods, " then how much more can I call myself the Son of God." Christ had just pronounced Himself one with the Father, saying, "I and My Father are one" (10:30). The Jews wanted to stone Him because they thought Christ was blaspheming, making himself out to be equal with God (vv. 31-33). Jesus responded by quoting Psalm 82:6 which says, "I said, you are gods." So Jesus reasoned, if human judges could be called "gods," then why can't the Son of God be called "God"?

Note that not everyone is called "gods" but only a special class of persons, namely, judges about whom Jesus said, they are those to "whom the word of God came" (v. 35). Jesus was showing that if the Old Testament Scriptures could give some divine status to divinely appointed judges, why should they find it incredible that he should call himself the Son of God?

These judges were "gods" in the sense that they stood in God's place, judging even life and death matters. They were not called "gods" because they were divine beings. Indeed, the text Jesus cites (Psalm 82) goes on to say that they were "mere men" and would "die" (v.7). It also affirms that they were "the sons of the Most High," but not because they were of the essence of God himself.

Refuting Mormon Proof Texts - Can Man Become God? ~ Answering Mormons

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...g-to-be-chosen-than-silver-3.html#post8030853

No, The Hebrew word used , elohim, means gods but it also means judges.

When Jesus quoted scripture that says "ye are gods', "to whom the word of God was delivered' in defense of his claim of being Gods son against the charge of blasphemy, he was saying that the action of God in delivering the law made judges of the ones to whom the law was given, judges not gods.

It follows then since Jesus was chosen by God to reveal the commands of God to the people in fulfillment of Deuteronomy 18:18, it was God who made Jesus Gods son, a relational metaphor, in the same way that those who received the law from God were made Judges of the law by God..

"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are Judges?

If he called them judges, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? (John 10:34-36 with your interpretation)

the argument doesn't make sense if He is talking about judges. Not to mention the Pharisees would have quickly rebutted, "You know that's not what it means."

Not to mention it completely ignores all the other verses in the scriptures telling us we will be joint heirs, be like Christ, Recieve power and dominion, become partakers of the Divine Nature, etc.

Not to mention it completely ignores the writings of the early Christians who completely understood the Doctrine of Diefication.

Look up Psalms 82 and the Heavenly Council. You may learn alot more than you realized was possible.

Tell me, if we, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, become sanctified and one with God. If we recieve everything God has, as Christ did. If we recieve power and dominion from God. And get to partake the Divine Nature. Essentially become as God is, what exactly are we, if we are not gods?

Eternal life is to know our Heavenly Father and Christ. It's to be one with them. If we are one with God, we can do all things. If we are one with God, we can know all things. No unclean thing can enter into God's presence. But if we are cleaned through the Atonement, we can.

The Lord has created us for far more than we give ourselves credit for.

If we recieve everything God has, as Christ did. If we recieve power and dominion from God. And get to partake the Divine Nature. Essentially become as God is, what exactly are we, if we are not gods?.

If you teach that others can become like God and not die by worshipping false gods and defying the commands of God to not bear false witness, adultery and murder then you must either have been defiled by the flesh of serpents or you are a serpent.

Didn't you ever read the story of Adam and Eve?

There is no reason for me to believe you read the link because you haven't responded:

Jesus' statement must be understood as part of Hid overall reasoning here which is an "a fortiori" argument: "If God even called human judges gods, " then how much more can I call myself the Son of God." Christ had just pronounced Himself one with the Father, saying, "I and My Father are one" (10:30). The Jews wanted to stone Him because they thought Christ was blaspheming, making himself out to be equal with God (vv. 31-33). Jesus responded by quoting Psalm 82:6 which says, "I said, you are gods." So Jesus reasoned, if human judges could be called "gods," then why can't the Son of God be called "God"?

Note that not everyone is called "gods" but only a special class of persons, namely, judges about whom Jesus said, they are those to "whom the word of God came" (v. 35). Jesus was showing that if the Old Testament Scriptures could give some divine status to divinely appointed judges, why should they find it incredible that he should call himself the Son of God?

These judges were "gods" in the sense that they stood in God's place, judging even life and death matters. They were not called "gods" because they were divine beings. Indeed, the text Jesus cites (Psalm 82) goes on to say that they were "mere men" and would "die" (v.7). It also affirms that they were "the sons of the Most High," but not because they were of the essence of God himself.

Refuting Mormon Proof Texts - Can Man Become God? ~ Answering Mormons

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...g-to-be-chosen-than-silver-3.html#post8030853

But I have responded. Put judges in the scripture. The argument makes no sense. And it still completely ignores all the other versus.

Would you feel better with this statement?

"The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God."

Do you believe that we are the sons of God? If so, why don't you believe we can become in every aspect like our Father? The seed of a mustard tree, though tiny compared to it's parent still has the potential to become a mustard tree.

We have so few glimpses of the Eternities. But what we do make it clear. If we are faithful, we will be joint heirs with Christ and recieve all the Father has. Power. Knowledge. Most importantly character. We will literally be partakers of the Divine Nature.

Baptism is the symbol of our death as a natural man and our rebirth as a Divine Spiritual man. Repent and be baptized and recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is the call of the Apostles of old and the ones of today.

I invite you to read and understand more. I was just rereading on the topic:

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow Chapter 5: The Grand Destiny of the Faithful

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow Chapter 6: Becoming Perfect before the Lord: ?A Little Better Day by Day?

The Bible has alot that is ignored by many nowadays. Seek the Spirit and you will understand.

If we recieve everything God has, as Christ did. If we recieve power and dominion from God. And get to partake the Divine Nature. Essentially become as God is, what exactly are we, if we are not gods?.

If you teach that others can become like God and not die by worshipping false gods and defying the commands of God to not bear false witness, adultery and murder then you must either have been defiled by the flesh of serpents or you are a serpent.

Didn't you ever read the story of Adam and Eve?

I have. Have you?

And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: (Genesis 3:22)

And I've never said we will not die. All will die. But through Christ all will rise again.

But I have responded. Put judges in the scripture. The argument makes no sense. And it still completely ignores all the other versus.

Would you feel better with this statement?

"The Son of God became a man so that men could become the sons of God."

Do you believe that we are the sons of God? If so, why don't you believe we can become in every aspect like our Father? The seed of a mustard tree, though tiny compared to it's parent still has the potential to become a mustard tree.

We have so few glimpses of the Eternities. But what we do make it clear. If we are faithful, we will be joint heirs with Christ and recieve all the Father has. Power. Knowledge. Most importantly character. We will literally be partakers of the Divine Nature.

Baptism is the symbol of our death as a natural man and our rebirth as a Divine Spiritual man. Repent and be baptized and recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. That is the call of the Apostles of old and the ones of today.

I invite you to read and understand more. I was just rereading on the topic:

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow Chapter 5: The Grand Destiny of the Faithful

Teachings of Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow Chapter 6: Becoming Perfect before the Lord: ?A Little Better Day by Day?

The Bible has alot that is ignored by many nowadays. Seek the Spirit and you will understand.

It ignores the other verses like:

It ignores the context like:

....the text Jesus cites (Psalm 82) goes on to say that they were "mere men" and would "die" (v.7). It also affirms that they were "the sons of the Most High," but not because they were of the essence of God himself.
- Answering Mormonism

We cannot become God because we're finite and created. God always was and will be because He was not created and He is different because He is omnipresent and omniscient and has all these other qualities that we do not have and never will have.

It is the lie of the serpent that you can become God. And what did the serpent bring? All the serpent brought was death

Last edited:
We always existed. We always will. The question is: in what form?

The lie of the serpent was that "You shall not surely die". I've already quoted the verse where God confirms that man has become as the gods knowing good from evil.

Your verses are irrelevant. Dueteronomy because no one has claimed to speak in the name of other gods. Isaiah because it's out of context. He is the only God of Israel. There will be no others formed.

Doesn't address the fact that we are joint heirs with Christ and inherit all the Father has. Doesn't address that we have become partakers of the Divine Nature. and anything else I've pointed out. etc.

Forum List

Back