Jetblue Airways takes off for Cuba: The first to the island in over 50 years

t is a good move on their part to get in early, but Cuba is still a shithole and will be a shithole for the foreseeable future.

t is a good move on their part to get in early, but Cuba is still a shithole and will be a shithole for the foreseeable future.

You don't recover from 60 years of Communism overnight. When I was in Berlin back in 2006 what used to be East Berlin was still visibly run down, although plenty signs of improvement were there.

You don't recover from 60 years of Communism overnight. When I was in Berlin back in 2006 what used to be East Berlin was still visibly run down, although plenty signs of improvement were there.

To recover from communism you have to first end communism. Hasn't happened yet.

They are so slowly opening up their economy, as evidenced by this. It's a slow step forward. Until the Castros are out of power expectations can't be high.

They are so slowly opening up their economy, as evidenced by this. It's a slow step forward. Until the Castros are out of power expectations can't be high.

See that is where you and I have different worldviews. It wasn't like Cuba suddenly allowed Americans to come in. It is America that has decided to allow Americans to travel to Cuba directly without having to depart from Canada. US policy changed. Cuba's did not.

Forum List

Back