Jews would be better off converting to Christianity

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

That is a violation of the Sabbath.
A Jew CAN make a VAGUE suggestion such as, "Oh MAN! I wish that light was on!"
Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
I know, I know...you're not THAT interested.
It's ridiculous to say that turning a light on during the Sabbath is a sin, and the problem is, Jews don't have a Pope or binding religious authority that can clarify that stupid rules like this can be abandoned.

I think the conservative Jews have taken the most reasonable path, adhering to kosher rules, but not to the more ridiculous rules.
The Sabbath laws are derived by the proximity of the verses to observe the Sabbath and to cease from building the Temple.
Thus, any creative labor (39 categories) performed in order to construct the Temple is forbidden by God.

Conservative Jews have no rules and basically are one or two generations from becoming Christians (which they abhor) or Observant Jews (which they abhor).

It's ridiculous to eat the body of Jesus or to drink his blood but that's YOUR business, not mine.

Jews believe that if they order a Christian servant or employee to turn on the lightswitch, that's ok and not a violation of the sabbath.

Anyway, if you're interested in understanding how God used the Torah as the blueprint of creation, check out
https://www.amazon.com/Way-God-Dere...&sr=8-1&keywords=the+way+of+God&tag=ff0d01-20.
It's ridiculous to say that turning a light on during the Sabbath is a sin, and the problem is, Jews don't have a Pope or binding religious authority that can clarify that stupid rules like this can be abandoned.

I think the conservative Jews have taken the most reasonable path, adhering to kosher rules, but not to the more ridiculous rules.
The Sabbath laws are derived by the proximity of the verses to observe the Sabbath and to cease from building the Temple.
Thus, any creative labor (39 categories) performed in order to construct the Temple is forbidden by God.

Conservative Jews have no rules and basically are one or two generations from becoming Christians (which they abhor) or Observant Jews (which they abhor).

It's ridiculous to eat the body of Jesus or to drink his blood but that's YOUR business, not mine.
It is easier for me to believe in the transubstantiation than it is for me to believe that turning on a lightswitch on a Friday night is a sin.

Jews would be better off believing in science and becoming even more powerful then they're now as a nation.

Religion holds people back.
Historians will tell you that their continued existence over 3000 years in the face of overwhelming odds and their contributions to mankind which are disproportionate to their numbers is inexplicable. When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God. It seems that what they have been doing has worked pretty well. Science and religion are wholly compatible. They compliment each other. Israel is a leader in the field of science... again disproportionate to their tiny numbers.
When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God.

you have to be kidding ...

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covernant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.

their god of exclusivity ...
Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.
Let's put it this way, God gave us a whole list of ways to behave and we said, "God said it so we're doing it."
God gave the same list to every one else and every one else has spent nearly 3,000 years explaining why God's list is an unnecessary
pain in the ***.
No, Peter and Paul and the other Apostles got together and decided that Christians DON'T have to follow the Jewish rules. They got authority to make this decision from Jesus Christ, but were guided by Peter's vision that told him that Christians were allowed to eat any kind of animal, and none of them were "unclean."
Uh huh.
We'll let history decide who behaved in a more civilized manner.
I give you less than 10 more posts before you start getting real angry and letting us know how the Jews are "gonna get it".

It is easier for me to believe in the transubstantiation than it is for me to believe that turning on a lightswitch on a Friday night is a sin.
There are many excellent Jewish psychiatrists in the NY/LI region.

But once you start believing, then you can believe anything, right?

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

no way

Islam should be better off

converting to Christianity

Islam as we know it now is scum....too many beheadings too much shit

Convert to Christianity!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!

So Jews would be better off if they realized that Jesus of Nazareth really was the Messiah they were waiting for, and another Messiah is not coming.

You DO realize that YOU are waiting for the 2nd coming of the Messiah.
The only problem is that you didn't get the 1st coming of the Messiah.

Historians will tell you that their continued existence over 3000 years in the face of overwhelming odds and their contributions to mankind which are disproportionate to their numbers is inexplicable. When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God. It seems that what they have been doing has worked pretty well. Science and religion are wholly compatible. They compliment each other. Israel is a leader in the field of science... again disproportionate to their tiny numbers.
When questioned about this, they see nothing special about themselves and give all credit to God.

In Judaism, "chosenness" is the belief that the Jewish people were singularly chosen to enter into a covernant with G-d. This idea has been a central one throughout the history of Jewish thought, is deeply rooted in biblical concepts and has been developed in talmudic, philosophic, mystical and contemporary Judaism.

Chosenness is the least arrogant answer they could make for their inexplicable survival and success. They were not chosen because they were special. They are special because they were chosen. It's like you hate all religions. Except yours, which is a secret and you can't tell anyone anything about it.
Let's put it this way, God gave us a whole list of ways to behave and we said, "God said it so we're doing it."
God gave the same list to every one else and every one else has spent nearly 3,000 years explaining why God's list is an unnecessary
pain in the ***.
No, Peter and Paul and the other Apostles got together and decided that Christians DON'T have to follow the Jewish rules. They got authority to make this decision from Jesus Christ, but were guided by Peter's vision that told him that Christians were allowed to eat any kind of animal, and none of them were "unclean."
Uh huh.
I give you less than 10 more posts before you start getting real angry and letting us know how the Jews are "gonna get it".
You're now resorting to the same anti-Christian hate talk of guno and haShev. But I don't get angry at people when they get out of line, I just put them on ignore.

pain in the ***.
Uh huh.
You're now resorting to the same anti-Christian hate talk of guno and haShev. But I don't get angry at people when they get out of line, I just put them on ignore.
Then don't insult my religion.

pain in the ***.
Uh huh.
Have I?

pain in the ***.
Uh huh.
Have I?
Nope...you and Black are on opposite sides of the spectrum.
Black has this penchant for the word "ridiculous".

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies that the Messiah would be born of a virgin, would be born in Bethlehem, would be called out of exile in Egypt, and would die in horrible manner and cry, "My God, why have you abandoned me?"

You know this, of course.

Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophesies that the Messiah would be born of a virgin, would be born in Bethlehem, would be called out of exile in Egypt, and would die in horrible manner and cry, "My God, why have you abandoned me?"

I know the Torah in Hebrew which is how I know all of those "proofs" are nonsense.
The smartest thing Mohammed did was to NOT reference the Torah.
The dumbest thing Paul did was to "reference" the Torah; makes it SO easy to mock him.

Jews would be better off believing in science and becoming even more powerful then they're now as a nation.

Religion holds people back.

pain in the ***.
You are my new best friend. That was awesome.

Don't be offended that I find much in the Jewish religion ridiculous. You yourself must realize that fact, I'm sure every Jew realizes it. So your typical Jew has a choice of adhering to a bunch of ridiculous rules that make life literally impossible to live, or abandoning some of the rules and sticking to others in a hodgepodge manner, or abandoning all the rules and living with the guilt of not being a faithful Jew.

I offer a way out, convert to Christianity, which is a much more reasonable religion, and also has the advantage of being true since Jesus is the Messiah you have been waiting for.

Independent Blackrook is having a bad time of it so I am giving him some slack... However it would be best to point out to him that if Jews convert he will have to rename himself something else as the best players of chess in the world are usually Jews and since his supposed saviour was supposedly Jewish then he owes an incredible debt of gratitude to Jews and Jewish culture I could point out in many other ways but hey I don't want to take his rook with one little knight... Suffice to say yes some Jews may decide to lower themselves off Jacobs ladder but the vast majority aren't going anywhere except up no matter how nasty others become to them...

I know the Torah in Hebrew which is how I know all of those "proofs" are nonsense.
The smartest thing Mohammed did was to NOT reference the Torah.
The dumbest thing Paul did was to "reference" the Torah; makes it SO easy to mock him.
Mock Paul all you want, he was a lot smarter than you, and more successful. Other than Christ himself, he is the most significant religious leader who ever lived, helping to found a religion that has lasted more than 2000 years and has more than two billion living followers. What have you accomplished in life that gives you the right to mock Paul? You are not fit to tie up his shoelaces.

Don't be offended that I find much in the Jewish religion ridiculous. You yourself must realize that fact, I'm sure every Jew realizes it. So your typical Jew has a choice of adhering to a bunch of ridiculous rules that make life literally impossible to live, or abandoning some of the rules and sticking to others in a hodgepodge manner, or abandoning all the rules and living with the guilt of not being a faithful Jew.

I offer a way out, convert to Christianity, which is a much more reasonable religion, and also has the advantage of being true since Jesus is the Messiah you have been waiting for.
The biggest problem the major rabbis had in post WWII America was how to maintain the almost infinite world of Torah observance in a world where most Torah giants were murdered.
The sad fact, that is only NOW being addressed, is the HEART of Torah is just as important as the MIND of Torah.
The Yeshivah system is VERY uninspiring.
I continued studying AFTER school and have been learning the MEANING of all the commandments and how they help me connect to God.
It CANNOT be explained in a post.

Christianity is Idol Worship...punishable for a Jew by death by court or a very unpleasant afterlife.

Independent Blackrook is having a bad time of it so I am giving him some slack... However it would be best to point out to him that if Jews convert he will have to rename himself something else as the best players of chess in the world are usually Jews and since his supposed saviour was supposedly Jewish then he owes an incredible debt of gratitude to Jews and Jewish culture I could point out in many other ways but hey I don't want to take his rook with one little knight... Suffice to say yes some Jews may decide to lower themselves off Jacobs ladder but the vast majority aren't going anywhere except up no matter how nasty others become to them...
I'm not being nasty to Jews, only pointing out that the Jewish religion is wrong on the most fundamental question, which is that they reject Jesus as the Messiah.

I'm not being nasty to Jews, only pointing out that the Jewish religion is wrong on the most fundamental question, which is that they reject Jesus as the Messiah.

Jewish religion is NOT wrong.

Forum List

Back