JFK and McCain: Two peas in a pod?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Both had influential fathers who got them into prestigious educational institutions. Both were poor students who partied a lot. Both screwed up in the military by not following procedures and destroying their equipment. Both were able to recharacterize their failures as heroic deeds and use them as springboards to public office, where they were strong on form but weak in substance.

Did I miss anything?

Except JFK was a man of peace who fought against the Deep State and MIC, which is why they killed him. Crazy Johnny was a prodigious warmonger entirely owned by the MIC and Deep State.

Big difference.

Both had influential fathers who got them into prestigious educational institutions. Both were poor students who partied a lot. Both screwed up in the military by not following procedures and destroying their equipment. Both were able to recharacterize their failures as heroic deeds and use them as springboards to public office, where they were strong on form but weak in substance.

Did I miss anything?
Obviously you missed his
1969 “Tokyo Rose” Propaganda Recording

Damn if I can remember JFK having one of these

OP is comparison of JFK and McCain.

Please stick to the topic

Damn if I can remember JFK having one of these

How about JFK's secret agreement with Krushchev to allow JFK to take credit for ending the Cuban Missile Crisis in return for removing U.S. missiles from Turkey?

JFK's heroic deeds were in fact heroic deeds.

As for McCain, when the North Vietnamese realized who he was (the son of the Pacific commander), they offered him a chance to go home early, but he demanded that the other POWs be sent home too. How is that not a heroic action?

Except JFK was a man of peace who fought against the Deep State and MIC, which is why they killed him. Crazy Johnny was a prodigious warmonger entirely owned by the MIC and Deep State.

Big difference.

JFK wrote Executive Order 1110 to do away with the Fed and then he went off to visit Dallas...............................................

JFK's heroic deeds were in fact heroic deeds.

As for McCain, when the North Vietnamese realized who he was (the son of the Pacific commander), they offered him a chance to go home early, but he demanded that the other POWs be sent home too. How is that not a heroic action?
That is what history has recorded; however, I kind of wonder what would have happened had McCain accepted. I can just imagine the North Vietnamese making a big deal of releasing McCain in front of the other POWs and then telling him.... "we were just shitting you" and not releasing him. It never really made sense to me that they would release him because his daddy was an admiral. Seems to me he would be the most valuable POW to keep because his daddy was an admiral.

Big difference.

JFK wrote Executive Order 1110 to do away with the Fed and then he went off to visit Dallas...............................................
Probably sealed his fate. You don’t fuck with the bankers and live.

Would you have preferred a full nuclear exchange?

What a super-duper response! Here is how it actually played out:

Krushchev correctly sized up JFK as a lightweight and demanded that we remove our nuclear missiles from Turkey. He then sent nuclear missiles to Cuba to call our bluff. JFK went through the motions of blockading Cuba, but acceded to Krushchev's demand in return for a promise to keep this agreement secret.

Krushchev had no desire for a war with the U.S. and got those missiles out of Cuba as fast as he could to make sure Castro didn't get his hands on them.

You're welcome.

Big difference.

Probably sealed his fate. You don’t fuck with the bankers and live.

No, there is the torture option, like having to take Maxine out for walks in the park for the rest of your life.

5b6cca016f500%255B1%255D.jpeg

Did I miss anything?

Sounds right.

Would you have preferred a full nuclear exchange?

What a super-duper response! Here is how it actually played out:

Krushchev correctly sized up JFK as a lightweight and demanded that we remove our nuclear missiles from Turkey. He then sent nuclear missiles to Cuba to call our bluff. JFK went through the motions of blockading Cuba, but acceded to Krushchev's demand in return for a promise to keep this agreement secret.

Krushchev had no desire for a war with the U.S. and got those missiles out of Cuba as fast as he could to make sure Castro didn't get his hands on them.

You're welcome.
Okay but the result was peace. Works for me.

Forum List

Back