🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

JFK Would be a Republican in 2016

http://www.npri.org/docLib/20121003_JFK_speech_at_Notre_Dame_searchable.pdf

JFK warned of federal government absorbing too much power at hands of states.

He also believed in tax cuts as an economic stimulus to counter recessionary pressure, and he was much stronger on national defense than he is given credit for.

But you're missing a much larger point, and it goes to the problem of historical knowledge.

JFK came from an era of centrism where the Left had a coalition of southern evangelicals, and the Right had liberal Rockefeller Republicans.

DURING this era of centrism Eisenhower supported FDR's New Deal and was a staunch supporter of Big Government infrastructure projects. He believed in government jobs as a way of building this great nation and putting hard working families to work. Do you know Eisenhower's top tax rate? Or Nixon's, who created the EPA and was also a believer in government's capacity to build infrastructure and put struggling Americans to work. These men believed that great things could be accomplished by taxing the wealthy, and they proved it.

You are advised to study the policies of Truman through the evangelical Carter. You will see a period of centrism where nearly every president supported policies from the other side.

We didn't see radical partisanship until the Reagan Revolution, which didn't fully blossom until 1994 with Newt's takeover of the House. This ushered in a new era where the Republican Party was purged of moderates. Centrism died, and any Republican who was caught not obstructing a Democratic president was removed by the Primary Process.

George HW Bush was last great moderate. I voted for him, and I don't regret it. I came to disagree with many of his policies, but he raised taxes when he had to, and he conducted foreign policy with dignity.

Read My Lips: If he ran today, he would not be allowed near the Republican ticket.

Last edited:
http://www.npri.org/docLib/20121003_JFK_speech_at_Notre_Dame_searchable.pdf

JFK warned of federal government absorbing too much power at hands of states.
JFK would be a DINO, Reagan would be a RINO.

That's how fucked up things are right now.
Reagan was a conservative through and through.
GOLDWATER was a "conservative" and there has not been another "conservative" ever since.

Exactly. Reagan claimed to be a conservative, but he was divorcee, estranged from his children, never stepped foot in a church, had anti-Religious astrology-buff for a wife, had gay actor friends sleep at the White House and, as governor of California, passed the most liberal abortion policy in the nation to date. He was a libertarian who used Conservatism as a strategic tool to steal the South and Bible Belt from the Left, whose sixties radicalism set religious democrats adrift.

Anyone who thinks Reagan was actually a conservative has never studied history.

JFK almost got us all killed back in 1962 due to his ineptitude.

Trump would get us killed in 2017 if we let him.

That much they both have in common yes.

Well hilary has shown how good she is at getting good people killed......I have better judgement than that bitch

Not on Reagan's scale.

Easy comparison:

Ronald Reagan: Over 200 Marines dead from terrorist attack in Lebanon
Hillary Clinton: 4 dead from terrorist attack in Libya.

Of course in those days, Democrats rallied around our country and didn't spend the next 3 years trying to find someway to blame Reagan for the deaths of the marines.

JFK almost got us all killed back in 1962 due to his ineptitude.

Trump would get us killed in 2017 if we let him.

That much they both have in common yes.

Well hilary has shown how good she is at getting good people killed......I have better judgement than that bitch

Not on Reagan's scale.

Easy comparison:

Ronald Reagan: Over 200 Marines dead from terrorist attack in Lebanon
Hillary Clinton: 4 dead from terrorist attack in Libya.

Of course in those days, Democrats rallied around our country and didn't spend the next 3 years trying to find someway to blame Reagan for the deaths of the marines.

Exactly. Can you imagine what would happen if Clinton/Obama had a 200+ body count in Libya? The Rightwing scandal machine would literally shut down the government with investigations. They would paralyze the Presidency and State Department.

People don't get it. The current Republican Party is deeply un-American. They literally use government to wage war against the Commander and Chief. In the 90s, Newt's congress had zero interest in terrorism. When Clinton sought basing rights from the CIA in Pakistan to move against Bin Laden, Newt's team famously called it Wag the Dog.

The goal of the American Rightwing is to destroy the Democrats. The only thing they hate more than Islamic terrorists is if Obama had a victory against Islamic Terrorists.

The current Rightwing is the most anti-American political force in my lifetime. Their only goal is the destruction of their domestic political opponents.

Last edited:
JFK: Democrat or Republican?
A stunning look at the former president's real policy positions.
July 3, 2017
Prager University
jfk.jpg

John F. Kennedy lowered taxes, opposed abortion, supported gun rights, and believed in a strong military. And he was a proud Democrat. But would he be one today? Author and talk show host Larry Elder explains.

JFK: Democrat or Republican?

Forum List

Back