🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

JFK Would be a Republican in 2016

"Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

God, how that party has changed/

Okay, which parts of this would today's liberals be opposed to:

Economy[edit]
The Kennedy Administration pushed an economic stimulus program through congress in an effort to kick-start the American economy following an economic downturn. On February 2, 1961, Kennedy sent a comprehensive Economic Message to Congress which had been in preparation for several weeks. The legislative proposals put forward in this message included:[6]

1. The addition of a temporary thirteen-week supplement to jobless benefits,
  2. The extension of aid to the children of unemployed workers,
  3. The redevelopment of distressed areas,
  4. An increase in Social Security payments and the encouragement of earlier retirement,
  5. An increase in the minimum wage and an extension in coverage,
  6. The provision of emergency relief to feed grain farmers, and
  7. The financing of a comprehensive home building and slum clearance program.
lol Don't run off now. Let's hear your answer.

New Frontier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dang it, he ran off.

"A rising tide raises all ships." I don't dispute all of your points but you left out where Kennedy refused to demonize Corporations and entrepreneurs to pay for everything you mentioned.
A rising tide lifts all ships.......except a supply side economy where a rising tide only lifts the yachts
The economic part of the Reagan Revolution lasted over a generation, the foreign policy part will last forever now that your ideology has bitten the dust.

The Reagan economy was built on deficit spending.
Shut up. You're too much of a ding bat to take seriously.

Dang it, he ran off.

"A rising tide raises all ships." I don't dispute all of your points but you left out where Kennedy refused to demonize Corporations and entrepreneurs to pay for everything you mentioned.
A rising tide lifts all ships.......except a supply side economy where a rising tide only lifts the yachts
The economic part of the Reagan Revolution lasted over a generation, the foreign policy part will last forever now that your ideology has bitten the dust.
It provided a short term economic spike that was gone by Bush 41

Long term it created 20 trillion of debt while distributing untold wealth at the top
Sure, and his economic policies carried through the Clinton and Bush II years spawning the "Third Way" so Dems and Labour in the UK could continue them without losing face.

Don't be such a schmuck.
Reagan started a pattern of buy now and never end up paying. Reagan was correct in Deficits don't matter

Dang it, he ran off.

The Reagan economy was built on deficit spending.
Shut up. You're too much of a ding bat to take seriously.

lol, today I get a RWnut to deny that there was any deficit spending during the Reagan presidency.

I am good lol.

Long term it created 20 trillion of debt while distributing untold wealth at the top
Sure, and his economic policies carried through the Clinton and Bush II years spawning the "Third Way" so Dems and Labour in the UK could continue them without losing face.

Don't be such a schmuck.
Reagan started a pattern of buy now and never end up paying. Reagan was correct in Deficits don't matter

Reagan proved you could win elections without being fiscally responsible, and we've suffered ever since.

Don't be such a schmuck.

Reagan proved you could win elections without being fiscally responsible, and we've suffered ever since.

Reagan never restrained spending while he slashed taxes at record levels. He sold the public on the ridiculous idea that all tax cuts pay for themselves

Reagan's tax cuts were so extreme that even Bush 41 realized his pledge of read my lips, no new taxes was unworkable

Don't be such a schmuck.

You think Obama has been fiscally responsible? He demonized Bush for deficit spending practices, tripled it himself. Who in your mind is the most fiscally responsible President. In the last 50 years.

Don't be such a schmuck.

You think Obama has been fiscally responsible? He demonized Bush for deficit spending practices, tripled it himself. Who in your mind is the most fiscally responsible President. In the last 50 years.

Obama never tripled the deficit.

Don't be such a schmuck.

Reagan never restrained spending while he slashed taxes at record levels. He sold the public on the ridiculous idea that all tax cuts pay for themselves

Reagan and his conservative cult of economists fucked up so badly with their massive tax cuts in 1981 that the tax increases that were passed in 1982

were those same people's desperate attempt to fix their own fuck up.

1382907_10151688597293030_1260643780_n.jpg

JFK a Republican? I suppose everyone was a Republican back then taking the attitude that the GOP is at least 50 years behind the times. Heck, we're still fighting Social Security.

JFK a Republican? I suppose everyone was a Republican back then taking the attitude that the GOP is at least 50 years behind the times. Heck, we're still fighting Social Security.
Who is fighting Social Security?

I dont think that extends any further than the rabid Libertarians (aka Losertarians) in the GOP.

upload_2016-10-16_11-2-16.png

Good demagoguery, tbh. I've heard Obama/Clinton/Bush say similar things.
:link:

:lmao: If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention.

No, that doesnt work.

Back up your claim with a link or shut the hell up, twat.

Fuck off. I don't back up general observations with links. If I had said Hillary was a felon, I wouldn't be giving you a link just because you threw a tantrum.

No, that doesnt work.

Fuck off. I don't back up general observations with links. If I had said Hillary was a felon, I wouldn't be giving you a link just because you threw a tantrum.

It is not a general observation, dude, it is merely your opinion unless you provide links that document it.

Damn, our public educational system is turning out more morons today than ever.

No, that doesnt work.

It is not a general observation, dude, it is merely your opinion unless you provide links that document it.

Damn, our public educational system is turning out more morons today than ever.

Of course it's an opinion, jackass. Look I'm not writing a college paper. I'm not going to go digging for f*ckin links every time some internet deuche throws a spazz. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back