Jimmah Carter, the Herpes of American Politics, SHOULD be asked this...

Oh. I missed that. Holy Mary, Mother of God...I refer to my neighborhood as a 'hood'. It's colloquial for neighborhood, nothing more.

i KNOW BLACK PEOPLE USE THE WORD HOOD AND THE *n* WORD ALL THE TIME BUT IF A WHITE PERSON DOES IT IT'S RACISM.. BUT THEY CAN THEN PICK ON OLD WHITE MALE REPUBLICANS,, HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR. EVEN WISH KIDNEY FAILURE ON THEM HAR DDEEEE HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR.

I have to seriously doubt the intelligence of anyone who can't figure out the difference between black folks jockularly throwing around the word "******" and the ancestors of slavers throwing it around in a more serious, and racial way.

yes, we see you believe in the double standard. that's typical democwat way of thinking speech for thee but not for me.

Not too fond of that 1st amendment , are you?
Don't read the thread before posting and looking like a fool, do you?

Then, explain your own words about an editor "should be shot". I'm willing to be convinced that you really don't want to restrict an editor's freedom of the press/speech.
In the hope that you are just lazy about reading a thread and emotionally reactive and post before doing so, rather than that you are dishonest; here - see if you can figure out the obvious:
Carter has been known as the worst president of all time (or at least in the top three). Why anyone thinks his ramblings are worthy of press is beyond me. The editor approving this story should be shot, IMO. I just hope his senility is effective enough in keeping him from revealing any more classified information to the world.

Not EVEN YOU should be shot for availing yourself of a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION. ...
No shit, Cap'n Literal.

.... Don't like what someone says, the answer is simple, DON'T LISTEN.
I don't. But I haven't much choice in hearing shit, unless I want to miss relevant news.

Last edited:
I think Jimmy Carter is a very good human being who was a largly ineffective president. And in many regards he's been a terrific ex-president. But I do wish he would temper his remarks more.

In terms of WHAT he said, he is correct. Anyone who tries to deny that racism plays a big roll in this, is just fooling themself or trying to fool others. Racism my not be ingrained in our system anymore, but it is alive and well - probably always will be.

I think Jimmy Carter is a very good human being who was a largly ineffective president. And in many regards he's been a terrific ex-president. But I do wish he would temper his remarks more.

In terms of WHAT he said, he is correct. Anyone who tries to deny that racism plays a big roll in this, is just fooling themself or trying to fool others. Racism my not be ingrained in our system anymore, but it is alive and well - probably always will be.
A roll in this? Yes, as racism exists. A big roll in this (telling him he lies or protesting negligent spending practices)? No way.

Don't read the thread before posting and looking like a fool, do you?

Then, explain your own words about an editor "should be shot". I'm willing to be convinced that you really don't want to restrict an editor's freedom of the press/speech.
In the hope that you are just lazy about reading a thread and emotionally reactive and post before doing so, rather than that you are dishonest; here - see if you can figure out the obvious:
No shit, Cap'n Literal.

I don't. But I haven't much choice in hearing shit, unless I want to miss relevant news.

Read the thread, read your initial comment, read this post I'm replying to.

Why would you say that an editor should be shot?

Oh. I missed that. Holy Mary, Mother of God...I refer to my neighborhood as a 'hood'. It's colloquial for neighborhood, nothing more.

i KNOW BLACK PEOPLE USE THE WORD HOOD AND THE *n* WORD ALL THE TIME BUT IF A WHITE PERSON DOES IT IT'S RACISM.. BUT THEY CAN THEN PICK ON OLD WHITE MALE REPUBLICANS,, HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR. EVEN WISH KIDNEY FAILURE ON THEM HAR DDEEEE HAR DEEE HAR HAR HAR.

I have to seriously doubt the intelligence of anyone who can't figure out the difference between black folks jocularly throwing around the word "******" and the ancestors of slavers throwing it around in a more serious, and racial way.

Nobody in my family ever owned a slave.

Are you cool with me using the word?

Where is the racism in the exact quote "you lie".

Please point out the exact moment that you realized it was racially driven.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

I have to seriously doubt the intelligence of anyone who can't figure out the difference between black folks jocularly throwing around the word "******" and the ancestors of slavers throwing it around in a more serious, and racial way.

I have no problem with you using the word slave! Go for it.

• Thanks
Carter has been known as the worst president of all time (or at least in the top three). Why anyone thinks his ramblings are worthy of press is beyond me. The editor approving this story should be shot, IMO. I just hope his senility is effective enough in keeping him from revealing any more classified information to the world.

Not EVEN YOU should be shot for availing yourself of a CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION. ...
No shit, Cap'n Literal.

Ah, you ARE being dishonest (or just plain stupid). At this point, I'll let you remain so.

I care more about those who have a clue on the concepts of figurative and literal.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

I have no problem with you using the word slave! Go for it.

cute.

Are you going to answer the question?

It isn't racist...it's an example of someone looking for racism in every situation.

Bravo bravo bravo Jimmy for saying what needs to be said in spite of the hypocrisy of most.

Carter is that rarity in American politics, a moral man. It has always struck me as curious and ironic that our only recent moral president is criticized by the wingnuts on the right who often hide under a cloak of moral superiority. Can you say phonies.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Ethical_Foreign_Policy/Moral_FP_JCarter.html

Last edited:

Ah, you ARE being dishonest (or just plain stupid). At this point, I'll let you remain so.

I care more about those who have a clue on the concepts of figurative and literal.

I understand the concepts of figurative and literal. I even understand hyperbole. And furthermore, I understand what is and is not appropriate to say about our fellow human beings. And....I totally understand when a poster dodges instead of ADMITTING that their comment is ridiculous.

It isn't racist...it's an example of someone looking for racism in every situation.

nodoginnafight is claiming it is blatant racism.

So is the media.

So are democratic Congress critters.

I'm just looking for clairification from someone on the left as far as wehere the actual racism took place. I don't see it.

I understand the concepts of figurative and literal. I even understand hyperbole. And furthermore, I understand what is and is not appropriate to say about our fellow human beings. And....I totally understand when a poster dodges instead of ADMITTING that their comment is ridiculous.
Such idiocy. You have demonstrated no such ability at all, and guess what? The more you wish to make a fool of yourself, the more I will highlight that. :popcorn:

I don't know what "no shit" means on the left coast, but here it means, "right". I don't know what Cap'n Literal means on the left coast, but here it means one is being too literal:
No shit, Cap'n Literal. ....

Last edited:

Not too fond of that 1st amendment , are you?

Talk to the Newspeak DemocRATS in the House Banning... Words.

:)

peace...

Bodey is Conveniently Silent... But she will Certainly make mention of me in some other Setting, so she didn't Miss this... She's Simply Dishonest by Nature.

:)

peace...

Carter has been known as the worst president of all time (or at least in the top three).

So have others, SO, SO WHAT?

Opinions are not facts!
Thanks again for stating the obvious. How irrelevant.

Now what other obvious things do you want to have a hissy fit about?

One doesn't "HAVE" hissy fits, one "PITCHES" them.... You should read up on regional cultural dialect. On the other hand, a new Englander, and possible others, might "THROW" a fit, but those types of fit are not "HISSY!"

And the difference is in cultural dialect, again, that as used in "da 'hood" the word ends in "a" or "ah" and not the hard and emphasized "er" that is used among others of a particular bent.

Those who do not get dialect, or even the tonal quality of language can make egregious mistakes. It can get them in trouble.

So have others, SO, SO WHAT?

Opinions are not facts!
Thanks again for stating the obvious. How irrelevant.

Now what other obvious things do you want to have a hissy fit about?

One doesn't "HAVE" hissy fits, one "PITCHES" them.... You should read up on regional cultural dialect. On the other hand, a new Englander, and possible others, might "THROW" a fit, but those types of fit are not "HISSY!"
I will try to remember that if it ever becomes all that important to me. Thanks for more useless information.

Forum List

Back