Jimmy Carter: Trump should not be impeached...

Of course the system turned on him. Wanna know why? See post 8.

Oh I know why....because he talked with a drawl and didn't pay the fat bastard tribute. Reagan knew how to get along with ol Tip....got him drinking and bragging about himself and then cold-cocked him.

Even though I never liked his policies, I believe he is honorable.

as long as you don't mind that he's an anti-Semite, he's awesome

As I stated, I did not care for his policies, that would include his position on the Palestinian Authority/Israeli situation. I do believe his goal was for peace, but was a naive pacifist, fooled by many. He was of the hippie era of make love, not war.

You will find all my posts here have been in favor of Israel.

And by honorable, I mean he never meant any harm.

The same people who preach limited government hate Carter for "not doing anything".

I thought that until his love affairs with Arafat and Castro

You mean when he went to Cuba and scolded Castro's human rights record to a Cuban TV audience, in Spanish?

Sure, that's what happened

Yep, sure is.

Jimmy Carter about Fidel Castro: He and his wife "remember fondly our visits with him in Cuba and his love of his country."

Jimmy Carter calls Yassar Arafat his "dear friend"

You mean when he went to Cuba and scolded Castro's human rights record to a Cuban TV audience, in Spanish?

Yep, sure is.

Jimmy Carter about Fidel Castro: He and his wife "remember fondly our visits with him in Cuba and his love of his country."

Wow! Political speech salutations, right here on a message board! Golly Jeepers what a find. I feel so enlightened. Also I think I wet my pants.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Trump should not be impeached, former President Jimmy Carter says

Former President Jimmy Carter said Donald Trump should not be impeached even if investigators discover wrongdoing by the president.

"My own preference would be that he not be impeached, but that he be able to serve out his term, because I think he wants to do a good job. And I'm willing to help him, if I can help him, and give him the benefit of the doubt," Carter said on CBS' Sunday Morning.

"You know, I have confidence in the American system of government," Carter added. "I think ultimately the restraints on a president from the Congress and from the Supreme Court will be adequate to protect our nation if he serves a full term.

"And I think (Trump) will serve a full term unless the special investigator... brings some criminal charges against him," added Carter, a Democrat who served as president from 1977-1981.

It's good to see Democrats supporting each other.

Jimmy has snorted too much peanut dust in his life.

Yep, sure is.

Wow! Political speech salutations, right here on a message board! Golly Jeepers what a find. I feel so enlightened. Also I think I wet my pants.

Thanks for admitting that

He sucked as President. His politics were all wrong, and remain so.

As a man, he's a pretty good guy. I'm glad Obama came along to take the worst president title from him.

ROTFLMFAO, nobody it nobody will take that title from Rump! It is sad when you can even wish for the days of George the dumbest again!

Last edited:
Honorable to a point.....Carter is systematic of all these political OG's who simply will not go away and allow a new generation of leaders their turn to bat. This is perhaps the most selfish generation of all time....elderly politicians afraid of moving on. At some point the American people have to demand change, changes in ideas, leadership and progression. Electing old men as president, re electing old leaders for both houses, the madness of yesterday, never ends.

Forum List

Back