Joan Rivers Now in Stable Condition after Cardiac Arrest

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Joan Rivers Now in Stable Condition after Cardiac Arrest

Joan Rivers, the sharp-tongued comedian and proud host of a bevy of television talk shows, has been hospitalized, sources toldCNN.

Rivers wasrushed Thursday morning to the Mount Sinai Medical Centerin Manhattan after she reportedly stopped breathing during a procedure at an uptown clinic on her vocal cords.TMZ, which broke the news, said police sources described her in "critical condition." The 81-year-old's daughter, Melissa Rivers, has reportedly rushed to the scene.

The gossip site said that someone from the clinic called 911 saying "We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest." This claim has not been verified by other news sources.

article-2736852-20E09BE000000578-478_306x423.jpg

The 81-year-old was having surgery on her vocal chords at a clinic in Manhattan when she suddenly stopped breathing during the procedure.

Joan Rivers daughter Melissa races to NYC

:eusa_pray:

She looks great for 81 years old!
Yes, I don't know about 'great,' but she doesn't look 81. I was surprised to read she was 81. But it's all plastic. I don't relish anyone dying, and I would hope she recovers, but at the same time, I don't like her. She has made a career and a living out of being mean spirited and petty. Not someone to admire, imo.

One would think at age 81 (no matter what shape one is in) they would not be having vocal cord surgery or any surgery in an outpatient clinic.

Was never a big fan of Joan Rivers but watched one of her and Melissas reality shows, funniest thing I have ever seen!
Joan and her best friend went out to buy a bong and some "medicinal" weed....they were so stoned but got caught by Melissa....funny stuff!

Shes 81, anything can happen, just pray shes comfortable and Melissa stays strong. Never easy to lose a parent. Both mine are gone.

I hate housework! You make the beds, you do the dishes and six months later you have to start all over again.
Joan Rivers.

RIP dear Joan - God bless you.

Forum List

Back