Joan Rivers was 81

Rivers spent most of her stand-up career ridiculing her husband Edgar Rosenberg until he committed suicide in 1987. I hope she rests in peace but she was a vicious self centered babe who was addicted to plastic surgery.

PIG - Have some damn decency you asshole
How decent is it to call a living person an ass hole?
You deserve it and more.. The woman just died.. Most people no matter how trashy they are, will at least abstain if they have nothing nice to say to show some respect..
The problem with pop culture is that people tend to identify with the icon as though they knew them. Rivers would have had you arrested if you knocked on her door. Lighten up and don't take it personally. I said she should rest in peace. My opinion of her is as legitimate as her nasty insults to others while she was alive.

I liked her! Her insults were really funny sometimes! :lol:

Lol! I still can't believe she was 82 years old. She seemed to have a young spirit, was spunky, never held back on her true feelings and opinions. She was a pretty cool old lady.

Edit: Oopsie! She was 81, not 82. My bad. :biggrin:

One of my favorite comedians has gone to the great beyond. She is one of the persona's I copied during my life in comedy performance and writing style...
Thank you Joan for the laughs..
She was funny. No question about it. That is why I have mixed feelings about her death. But, unfortunately, she said Palestinians deserved to die in Gaza. That was pretty fast karma, less than one month later she was dead. Examples of Globalization Joan Rivers Will Stick with Comedy in Hell. No Defense of Israel Is Worthy of Her Busy Schedule

Wrong, Gary!

She first said 'Palestinians deserve to die in Gaza' waaaaaayy back in 1948. She was a visionary.

Her Karma took the scenic route home, I guess.
She was 15. :)

A visionary, I tell ya.

I used to enjoy her work....but in the end, she just seemed mean

Mean is not funny

her humor was irreverent and self deprecating...

so she was human off the stage sometimes deprecating others...

she was always funny no matter what imo.

She was booked many weeks into the future. So now just imagine all the people who would have had their one and only chance to see her perform are now left with only a story to tell the rest of their lives.

Did obozo have her murdered. Just last month she called him a homo and mooch a tranny and now she mysteriously dies during what was supposed to be a routine procedure.

There IS a problem.
Here is what I think happened. Sounds like she was there to have an EGD with a physician at this center. However, her personal ENT physician came and went into the procedure room. This personal ENT had NO privileges at this center to lay her hands on anybody. So, I think they did the EGD and things went fine and as they were removing the scope from the throat, I think the ENT who was there saw something on her vocal cords and thought it was some "little thing" that she could just snip, snip and be done. And, that then lead to the cascade of problems resulting in her death. I am guessing she had a laryngospasm or something like that.
And, that is the problem when doctors do something they would not normally do for other patients. Because she was a celeb , the clinic didn't follow proper protocol and neither did her personal ENT. This ENT doctor had no right to touch Joan Rivers without having privileges there and having a preop consent to do so. Pretty stupid.

There IS a problem.
Here is what I think happened. Sounds like she was there to have an EGD with a physician at this center. However, her personal ENT physician came and went into the procedure room. This personal ENT had NO privileges at this center to lay her hands on anybody. So, I think they did the EGD and things went fine and as they were removing the scope from the throat, I think the ENT who was there saw something on her vocal cords and thought it was some "little thing" that she could just snip, snip and be done. And, that then lead to the cascade of problems resulting in her death. I am guessing she had a laryngospasm or something like that.
And, that is the problem when doctors do something they would not normally do for other patients. Because she was a celeb , the clinic didn't follow proper protocol and neither did her personal ENT. This ENT doctor had no right to touch Joan Rivers without having privileges there and having a preop consent to do so. Pretty stupid.
Lots of guesswork there.

However, I think this is a cautionary tale. If you are 81, you dont' go looking for trouble. There is a point when you have to recognize that some procedures aren't going to add value to your life. And, that even if you have some procedure and they find a bigger problem are you then going to follow thru with other treatments? Just because a doctor recommends you have something done doesn't mean you have to automatically follow suit.

There IS a problem.
Lots of guesswork there.
Yes. I said that is my opinion. But, the TRUTH of it needs to come out and it will eventually. But if you dont' have privileges you cannot TOUCH a patient in that facility, let alone do a medical procedure.

The supply of oxygen to Joan stopped and was not noticed...until she stopped breathing. The doc had been sued over malpractice before..

The supply of oxygen to Joan stopped and was not noticed...until she stopped breathing. The doc had been sued over malpractice before..
Yes, but WHY did the supply of oxygen stop? Did she have a laryngospasm precipitated by an unauthorized vocal cord biopsy? And, what measures where then taken to oxygenate her? Or, did they simply not recognize and treat her when she was in distress?

Yes, but WHY did the supply of oxygen stop? Did she have a laryngospasm precipitated by an unauthorized vocal cord biopsy? And, what measures where then taken to oxygenate her? Or, did they simply not recognize and treat her when she was in distress?
Surely the autopsy report could be read...

Forum List

Back