Joan Rivers - RIP

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Funny, funny, funny lady. Truly one of a kind. A legend. A pioneer.

BwtqH5ECIAAS2CB.jpg:large

When you think of a female comic with bite. You think of Joan Rivers. I could hear her doing a set right now about walking into the light...oh, she'd take it there too. She was really unafraid to go there.

Funny, funny, funny lady. Truly one of a kind. A legend. A pioneer.

BwtqH5ECIAAS2CB.jpg:large
RIP dear Joan. You were a hard-working and successful talent. You brought laughter to many lives, which you said yourself, enhanced your very own. You were grateful you made people laugh. You were an unafraid, one-of-a-kind, trailblazing natural and I admired you. My thoughts are with your daughter and grandson, with whom you had a mutual loving friendship. Your legend will live on. Now go snuggle up with Edgar, finally. :D

She ruined her face with all that surgery, and despite making a living out of insulting others, I found her quite funny. RIP Joan.

She ruined her face with all that surgery, and despite making a living out of insulting others, I found her quite funny. RIP Joan.
I didn't think she was particularly funny when she was insulting others, but when she was self deprecating, that was fine. Her face is really wierd. I wonder what it looked like in person. Probably very unnatural.

I think she would have looked okay, except for her nose. Also, a lot of comedians insult others, even sometimes people in the audience, but the insults are funny.

Anyway, does anyone else think that celebrities get the "joker" face after plastic surgery? It kind of look as if their mouths are stretched out.

I didn't think she was particularly funny when she was insulting others, but when she was self deprecating, that was fine. Her face is really wierd. I wonder what it looked like in person. Probably very unnatural.

Well, how do you feel about "roasts?" It's pretty much ALL insults, but they are really funny. If it's done right, it an be quite funny.

I've also wondered what Joan would have looked like had she allowed herself to age naturally, but I have to say that she certainly didn't look 81! :ack-1:

I think she would have looked okay, except for her nose. Also, a lot of comedians insult others, even sometimes people in the audience, but the insults are funny.

Anyway, does anyone else think that celebrities get the "joker" face after plastic surgery? It kind of look as if their mouths are stretched out.
Yes, some other comedians make a living out of insulting others, but, imo, good comedians are funny because they satirize society in general; they don't pick on individuals and say very cruel things, which is pretty much the only thing she did.

Yes, some other comedians make a living out of insulting others, but, imo, good comedians are funny because they satirize society in general; they don't pick on individuals and say very cruel things, which is pretty much the only thing she did.

I actually thought it was funny when she would make fun of celebrities clothes on the red carpet though. :biggrin: Let's face it, some of them just look silly!

I actually thought it was funny when she would make fun of celebrities clothes on the red carpet though. :biggrin: Let's face it, some of them just look silly!
I'm a bleeding heart, obviously. I don't think ridiculing people is funny, not even celebs. :(

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

I'm a bleeding heart, obviously. I don't think ridiculing people is funny, not even celebs. :(

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

Esmeralda, you might find my thread about plastic surgery interesting. :biggrin: Though I might have been a TEENSY bit mean, it's a very interesting topic IMO.

Celebs and Plastic Surgery US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The documentary from a few years ago, Joan Rivers: A Piece Of Work starts out with her face in the mirror, no makeup, just an old woman. And they start applying the makeup until she looks like we see her.

I thought it was very brave of her.

I don't know... Don Rickles is as funny as you can get, and that's all he does.

Forum List

Back