Jobs & Unemployment: Request Info & Advice

Did your drinking possibly interfere where you don't think it did? Maybe it's lousy to bring it up, but you did put it out there. How is the quitting going, by the way?
Translation: Bonzi is being insubordinate.

I'm good enough to get away with it - unless I run into jealous old ass ugly bitches.... who want to take me down a peg.... fuck 'em

What do you do for a living? If you don't mind.

Ironically, low end administrative work. But I'm well compensated for what I do and I work from home.
I would like to and know I can do more, but lack the motivation - but I'll probably be quickly motivated if they get rid of me - they call me on ticky tack stuff (this has only been going on for the last 3-4 months) - I've been with the company for nearly 10 years.... I've been through various leadership and staff changes etc. so.

I'm really not that worried. It's just a hassle..... I have a college degree etc. I'm working well below my ability etc.

Good, no problem so far. It's always tempting.
Trust me, many days I just want to throw in the towel... tired of fighting, just want to live, not struggle every day and I'm not just talking about drinking....

Believe it or not, I'm a pretty happy person, but when the going gets tough I fold like a cheap suit....
Fold like a cheap table.....

Did your drinking possibly interfere where you don't think it did? Maybe it's lousy to bring it up, but you did put it out there. How is the quitting going, by the way?
I'm good enough to get away with it - unless I run into jealous old ass ugly bitches.... who want to take me down a peg.... fuck 'em

Ironically, low end administrative work. But I'm well compensated for what I do and I work from home.
I would like to and know I can do more, but lack the motivation - but I'll probably be quickly motivated if they get rid of me - they call me on ticky tack stuff (this has only been going on for the last 3-4 months) - I've been with the company for nearly 10 years.... I've been through various leadership and staff changes etc. so.

I'm really not that worried. It's just a hassle..... I have a college degree etc. I'm working well below my ability etc.

Trust me, many days I just want to throw in the towel... tired of fighting, just want to live, not struggle every day and I'm not just talking about drinking....

Believe it or not, I'm a pretty happy person, but when the going gets tough I fold like a cheap suit....

Fold like a cheap tent

I want what everyone else wants:

(1) Fun
(2) Freedom
(3) Constant Compliments

Not much to ask for :)

Fold like a cheap tent
Fold like a cheap cane...

Can you collect unemployment if you quit your job?

Somewhat related, but, request for an opinion .....

If your job is putting the heat on you (and being ridiculous about it) trying to 'force your hand' to quit etc., is it best to just find another job and quit or make them fire you? They have not have grounds to fire you or really have no intention, but, perhaps the person "in charge" just wants to "f" with you .... what would be your strategy?
Blow the motherfuckers up.

If your job is putting the heat on you (and being ridiculous about it) trying to 'force your hand' to quit etc., is it best to just find another job and quit or make them fire you? They have not have grounds to fire you or really have no intention, but, perhaps the person "in charge" just wants to "f" with you .... what would be your strategy?

My hero, McVeigh.....

My hero, McVeigh.....
You deserve a real serious spanking for that evil comment.

Moonglow has no earthly clue what to do with a compliment.....

My hero, McVeigh.....

.... is that an offer? (I forgot to add the sarcasm... my bad....)

My hero, McVeigh.....

An empty Internet promise. ...

Good to hear. Life sometimes takes one moment at a time to get through. It will get easier, day by day. Some will be harder than others. Just remember the good moments to get you through.
Translation: Bonzi is being insubordinate.

My hero, McVeigh.....

An empty Internet promise. ...

.... me or you? ;)

Good to hear. Life sometimes takes one moment at a time to get through. It will get easier, day by day. Some will be harder than others. Just remember the good moments to get you through.

I just remember it will all be over soon, and it gets easier! :)

I've got a job for you, Bonzi. It is long and hard, but there is definitely a load of a reward at the end!

I've got a job for you, Bonzi. It is long and hard, but there is definitely a load of a reward at the end!

Not my strong suit..... I guess I'm pretty much worthless!
I could always try stand up comedy....

Generally you cannot claim unemployment if you quit your job- you need to check your state's unemployment standards.

Do you work for a large company- one with an HR department? If so- go to them- register your complaints. HR takes this kind of stuff much more seriously than other management normally does. HR may not do anything- but if you do end up getting fired you will have a record showing your complaint. Document everything. I had a similar situation once, and HR was the reason I got the final two weeks pay I was entitled too- and my unemployment.

Would it be possible for you to transfer within your company to get away from your current boss?

And finally- life is too short to work for a crappy boss- while you are still employed, start looking for something else.

And Bonzi- best of luck.

Forum List

Back