Joe Biden's 'Equity Agenda' Has a New Target: Kidney Transplants

Hollie

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2012
As the Biden politburo does everything it can to promote race hatreds and divisions, their newest “equity” brainstorm is to punish white people, while not saying so, to prioritize “low- income” patients.

It’s really just a way to configure a quota system whereby patient selection is not a matter of medical priority but racial preference.

The Biden administration unveiled a plan that would push American hospitals to prioritize low-income patients when performing kidney transplants, a move Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra says is aimed at rooting out "racial inequities" in the "transplant process."

The proposal, which Becerra's agency announced on May 8, would place 90 of the nation's 257 transplant hospitals into a pilot program that uses an annual point system to grade participants. Under the system, a successful kidney transplant counts as one point. A transplant furnished to a low-income patient, however, counts as 1.2 points thanks to a "health equity performance adjustment," thus incentivizing the hospitals to prioritize such patients.

As the Biden politburo does everything it can to promote race hatreds and divisions, their newest “equity” brainstorm is to punish white people, while not saying so, to prioritize “low- income” patients.

It’s really just a way to configure a quota system whereby patient selection is not a matter of medical priority but racial preference.

The Biden administration unveiled a plan that would push American hospitals to prioritize low-income patients when performing kidney transplants, a move Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra says is aimed at rooting out "racial inequities" in the "transplant process."

The proposal, which Becerra's agency announced on May 8, would place 90 of the nation's 257 transplant hospitals into a pilot program that uses an annual point system to grade participants. Under the system, a successful kidney transplant counts as one point. A transplant furnished to a low-income patient, however, counts as 1.2 points thanks to a "health equity performance adjustment," thus incentivizing the hospitals to prioritize such patients.
From your own biased link:

"The organ transplant industry, like every other part of society, is not immune to racial inequities," he said. "Black Americans disproportionately struggle with life-threatening kidney disease, yet they receive a smaller percentage of kidney transplants. The Biden-Harris administration is taking concrete steps to remove racial bias when calculating wait times and rooting out profiteering and inequity in the transplant process."

We got here because of racial hatred of which income and wealth inequality is a biproduct. Now You and your ilk , not Biden and doing all that you canto stoke the fire.

Furthermore your post and the source that it is based on is shameless propaganda because if focuses only the racial issue and fail to delve into other aspects of the proposed reform. The fact is that the organ transplant program in this country is wrote with incompetence, inefficiency and corruption which deprives many people of all races and at all income levels of needed organs. There reforms are intended to correct that so that more organs are available to EVERYONE.

However, the MAGA scum and their minions do not want to talke about that All that you want to do is point fingers and bellow about racial division and g=hatred, That is pretty fucking sick. Here is the TRUTH out the reform:

Biden-Harris Administration Acts to Improve Access to Kidney Transplants

Today, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is announcing the Increasing Organ Transplant Access (IOTA) Model. The proposed model, which would be implemented by the CMS Innovation Center, aims to increase access to kidney transplants for all people living with end-stage renal disease (ESRD), improve the quality of care for people seeking kidney transplants, reduce disparities among individuals undergoing the process to receive a kidney transplant, and increase the efficiency and capability of transplant hospitals selected to participate. This proposed model would build on the Biden-Harris Administration’s priority of improving the kidney transplant system and the collaborative efforts between CMS and the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to increase organ donation and improve clinical outcomes, system improvement, quality measurement, transparency, and regulatory oversight.

You god damned Jadrools make it sound like increasing minority transplants will take organ transplants away from other, You do that some shit with many other issues all the time. You take the position that the only way for minorities to get ahead is to take something away from other. However it is not a zero sum game so dispense with the histrionics please! It does not become you. Here is more:
The current kidney transplant process is complex and fragmented care and disparities contribute to the inequitable distribution of this life-saving treatment. Access to organ transplantation varies not only by geography but also by factors such as race, ethnicity, disability status, and socio-economic status. For example, according to the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) Annual Data Report, 32% of waitlisted individuals were African American in 2021, but only 13.5% of recipients of a transplant from a living donor were African American. White individuals made up 35.8% of the waitlist and 61.8% of transplant recipients from a living donor. The proposed Increasing Organ Transplant Access Model is designed to address these challenges by improving the overall quality of care for patients with ESRD and increasing the number of transplants performed.

You are just a fucking crude and uneducated attack dog who mindlessly make accusations and willfully lies while not even bothering to research the issue and who has little desire to better understand it

Democrats taking another huge step towards death panels. Medical necessity be damned, skin color is what doctors must use.

The Biden administration unveiled a plan that would push American hospitals to prioritize low-income patients when performing kidney transplants, a move Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra says is aimed at rooting out “racial inequities” in the “transplant process.”

Democrats taking another huge step towards death panels. Medical necessity be damned, skin color is what doctors must use.

The Biden administration unveiled a plan that would push American hospitals to prioritize low-income patients when performing kidney transplants, a move Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra says is aimed at rooting out “racial inequities” in the “transplant process.”

Can a black have the kidney of a white racist devil, or has he outlawed that yet?

So, there really are death panels after all.

"The Biden administration unveiled a plan that would push American hospitals to prioritize low-income patients when performing kidney transplants, a move Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra says is aimed at rooting out "racial inequities" in the "transplant process." "

Comment:
There is a major flaw in Becerra's racist agenda.
42% of the poor people in our country are White.
And he wants to put them at the end of the line
I hope that they get sued for racial discrimination.

poordemographicsytfhtgkukhy.JPG

Medical necessity takes precedent. So does "first come first served".

Those aside and putting aside everything else let's be honest here. Do we really want to give preference to low income people? If it's a complete draw between say a truck driver and a guy who is on welfare wouldn't the better option to be pick the truck driver? He serves a purpose while the welfare patient does not.

Low income people deserve medical treatment as much as anyone else. But they don't deserve it over others. Especially not for something as absolutely ridiculous as their skin color. That's racism because it's giving someone preferential treatment based on skin color and far as I understand racism is supposed to be bad.

And let's not pretend for a moment low income means low income. It means non whites, despite the fact there are millions and millions of low income white people in America.

I see lawsuits.......lawsuits everywhere

So do I. I have a very dear (white) friend who has been kicked to a position on the transplant list lower than any available black person. I saw the letter telling my friend that more highly pigmented folks get higher priority.

I deeply pray that my friend is the first to benefit when the lawsuits start happening.

And my friend has a good friend at dialysis who happens to be black and happens to be as angry as my friend is about this discrimination! Good for them! This country is not really as divided as they want us to believe it is.

And this is NOT new. I saw the letter my friend got from the transplant board regarding this about a year ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Just a reminder that there is no fixed, prioritized waiting list. It's created new every time a donor organ becomes available. Where racial factors may come into play is in the scoring system the matching algorithm uses, but when I worked at UNOS, I was not aware of any code that did that, matches are done strictly by medical matching factors. Age is considered a medical factor. A younger recipient, for example, is usually prioritized over an older one. Behavior and life choices are factors. If you are a drunk and refuse to dry out, you probably won't get a liver. All that aside, if you match the donor organ better than anyone else does, your doctor gets first crack at it. The list is built, best match first, and only if the first doctor passes on it does it go to the next one. Introducing SJW factors into the process would only result in less quality matches being done and overall survivability going down.

Of course, there are abuses and attempts to rig the system. In at least one case, a doctor got a kidney that also matched a Saudi National, who flew in and got it, leaving the intended recipient without. In another case, a very wealthy software tycoon listed himself on every OPO in the country for an organ that doesn't last very long out of the human body, got a match, flew in his private jet to the transplant hospital, got the transplant and bought a house he could recover in for a month.

Forum List

Back