Joe the Plumber says sorry about your kids but

Joe The Plumber: 'Your Dead Kids Don't Trump My Constitutional Rights' To Have Guns

Joe, no one wants your guns. What we need to better checks on gun purchases. This kid had 400 rounds left. He could have taken out a couple hundred more people.

Shouldn't this give some pause even to the most ardent gun owners? I own multiple guns and enjoy shooting and hunting, when I have time. But I can see that there needs to be changes to a system that is out of control.

Both the mental health system and the firearms purchase system need to be rethought. The police have to be better trained at identifying people who may be on the edge of another massacre. Sadly, it is only a matter of time until something similar happens again. Just pray that the victims are not members of your family or friends.

So... Joe the Plumber is an asshole. That's the point of the article.

Does anyone contend otherwise?

Actually no, it shouldn't give pause to anyone but the kids shrink that knew he was a danger long before he bought his guns, and didn't do a damned thing about it. He could have reported the kid and made it much more difficult for him to hurt so many people. Wouldn't have helped his roommates or the person he killed with his car, unless the doctor had the courage to involuntarily commit the guy. The shrink was more concerned for his pay check I guess, someone should do a thorough review of the kids medical records and maybe take some action against the doctor. What's the point of having a federal reporting system if it is ignored.
Elliot Rodger therapists: Why did they and law enforcement fail to recognize his threat?

Evidently, multiple therapists and the police failed to identify Rodger as a person who had communicated a serious threat of violence against a reasonably identifiable victim or victims.
These tragedies are a small fraction of total gun violence in this country. Identifying the mentally ill, even if it works, will only prevent high profile cases like this as opposed to reducing the murder rate in the Big Easy.

Last edited:
Hopefully next time it will be his kids shot and killed. Bet he'll change his tune then.

^^Compassionate liberal.

Where is the compassion from the fucking conservatives about this? All they care about is their so called right to bear arms. They don't give a shit about the innocent people who were murdered a few days ago.

It's being drowned out by the gun grabbers creaming their shorts.

Joe The Plumber: 'Your Dead Kids Don't Trump My Constitutional Rights' To Have Guns

Joe, no one wants your guns. What we need to better checks on gun purchases. This kid had 400 rounds left. He could have taken out a couple hundred more people.

Shouldn't this give some pause even to the most ardent gun owners? I own multiple guns and enjoy shooting and hunting, when I have time. But I can see that there needs to be changes to a system that is out of control.

Both the mental health system and the firearms purchase system need to be rethought. The police have to be better trained at identifying people who may be on the edge of another massacre. Sadly, it is only a matter of time until something similar happens again. Just pray that the victims are not members of your family or friends.

You are a drama queen, he had knives left to. First off he would not have kill a "couple hundred" more, based on history, it wasn't going to happen.

You would of, could of, should of, is nothing but your drama queen BS.

Health professionals, not police could help, sadly our government pampers those that can work and don't and overlooks those in true need. That's why we can't keep throwing money after a problem, we have not yet defined.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

So... Joe the Plumber is an asshole. That's the point of the article.

Does anyone contend otherwise?

Yes, everyone who actually read it.

Yes, the gun grabbers ARE after our guns. Anyone who doesn't realize that the ultimate goal is complete disarmament, is either stupid, pathetically naive, or blindly partisan.

Hopefully next time it will be his kids shot and killed. Bet he'll change his tune then.

^^Compassionate liberal.

Where is the compassion from the fucking conservatives about this? All they care about is their so called right to bear arms. They don't give a shit about the innocent people who were murdered a few days ago.

Wishing death on anyone, in most cases, really doesn't help your cause, Noomi.

Yes, the gun grabbers ARE after our guns. Anyone who doesn't realize that the ultimate goal is complete disarmament, is either stupid, pathetically naive, or blindly partisan.

You gunners keep shooting kids in the face and leave the streets dripping in blood?

See what happens.

You WILL be disarmed.

The guns were purchased in California which has some of the most stringent background checks in the nation and a 10 day waiting period. What kind of a background check do you want?

There is also a concerted effort to change the stabbing deaths into shooting deaths. Likewise the I
Injured due to being hit by Rodger ' s car have become gunshot injuries. How can you expect to have your complaints taken seriously when this is the crap you come up with?

The problem really isn't "us", it's "you".

You folks aren't reasonable.

At all.

You want guns everywhere..and are failing to see the climate.

Less people have guns. Less people hunt. And more people want controls to assure they can go to church, have a beer, send their kids to school and see a movie without the fear of being shot.

If you don't self police..you will be policed.

It's simple as that.

The right wingers care more about their guns than about saving lives. That is apparent.

We care about our rights more, yes. I'm sure you won't understand the logic of that but you ARE a liberal aren't you?

You care more about your so called rights than about saving lives, and that is what makes you a bunch of sick fucks.
If people didn't fight for their rights, they wouldn't have any. We can't all be sheep.

So I am assuming you would not use your firearms for self-defense. If that is so, then you don't need to own them, so far as I'm concerned. I have no problem with hunting and shooting (I'm a competition shooter myself), but in my mind the main reason to own a firearm is and always will be, self-defense

The mental health system needs to be revamped entirely. The firearms purchase system needs to be simplified, and you probavly wouldn't like the way I would suggest to do that. If a member of my family or friends is a victim, it means THEY made a mistake as nuch as the shooter.

As I mentioned above... if I or any of my associates is a victim, then we fucked up very badly somewhere along the way, as much as the police, shooter, etc.....

There are no innocent people in the world. Not over the age of three, anyway. It is an individual's responsibility to protect themselves, not the Government's. In fact the SCOTUS has ruled exactly that way.... the Police have no duty to Defend you, only to arrest the assailant and assist in his/her prosecution.

The right wingers care more about their guns than about saving lives. That is apparent.

Guns are what saves lives. Not laws. Not restraining orders. Not police officers.

You gunners keep shooting kids in the face and leave the streets dripping in blood? See what happens. You WILL be disarmed.

Maybe we should start shooting the REAL threats.... The Politicians. We may be disarmed, but not while we're alive.

The problem really isn't "us", it's "you". You folks aren't reasonable. At all.

You want guns everywhere..and are failing to see the climate. Less people have guns. Less people hunt. And more people want controls to assure they can go to church, have a beer, send their kids to school and see a movie without the fear of being shot.

If you don't self police..you will be policed. It's simple as that.

There is no "reasonable" removal of a Constitutional Right. A Right that is so intwined in our culture and history that it cannot be removed without totally changing what this country IS (or at least what it WAS meant to be). Many of us can trace our lineage back to the people who took up their own private arms to defend their homes from indian attacks, who fought the British (TWICE), who fought the Blue Coats and/or the Johnny Rebs. People who learned to shoot through the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Some have served themselves, and others have family members who have done so. Firearms are part of America's culture and always will be. To remove the guns from this nation would be the equivalant of removing the right to trial or free speech. It fhat's what you want, fine; but we will not go, without a fight.

Actually no, it shouldn't give pause to anyone but the kids shrink that knew he was a danger long before he bought his guns, and didn't do a damned thing about it. He could have reported the kid and made it much more difficult for him to hurt so many people. Wouldn't have helped his roommates or the person he killed with his car, unless the doctor had the courage to involuntarily commit the guy. The shrink was more concerned for his pay check I guess, someone should do a thorough review of the kids medical records and maybe take some action against the doctor. What's the point of having a federal reporting system if it is ignored.

Um, he didn't kill anyone with his car.

and the problem was that he was able to walk into a gun store and buy three guns despite being that seriously disturbed.

Now, I have to ask myself, why are the gun nuts so anxious to protect the rights of crazy people to own guns?

Maybe because they worry a few people might think they are too nutty to own guns.

You care more about your so called rights than about saving lives, and that is what makes you a bunch of sick fucks.

My guns ARE what protects my life AND my Rights, Noomi.

Take all of my rights away from me but my Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and I promise you, I'll get all the rest of them back.

I have less than no faith in the Government that claims to represent me, at ANY level; town, state, federal, etc.... I want them to fear me, rather than the other way around. That's how this nation was intended to work.

Take all of my rights away from me but my Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and I promise you, I'll get all the rest of them back.

I have less than no faith in the Government that claims to represent me, at ANY level; town, state, federal, etc.... I want them to fear me, rather than the other way around. That's how this nation was intended to work.

Really? So if in some some scenario your free speech rights were violated, you would shoot your way out of the problem,

and do so successfully, without consequences?

lol

And your 'rights' are what? The right to remain armed while innocent people are being murdered every single day?

Really? So if in some some scenario your free speech rights were violated, you would shoot your way out of the problem,

and do so successfully, without consequences? lol

Any Government that improperly restricts free speech deserves to be overthrown. Any Government that violates the right to a fair and speedy trial deserves to be overthrown. Any individual who wants to stick their nose into my business, where it doesn't belong, better be prepared to have that nose met by the barrel of a gun. It's that simple.

Show me what a Man will KILL and/or DIE for and I will show you what he values. Show me that which he will neither KILL nor DIE for, and I'll show you what he cares not a whit for.

And your 'rights' are what? The right to remain armed while innocent people are being murdered every single day?
Are you suggesting he is murdering innocent people? Otherwise that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

and do so successfully, without consequences?

lol
As I mentioned before, because you are a sheep does not mean all other must be.

Forum List

Back