John le Carré on Trump: ‘Something seriously bad is happening’

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Oh my, I always thought John le Carré was conservative.

John le Carré, one of Britain’s greatest living writers, has spoken of the “toxic” parallels between the rise of Donald Trump and the rise of 1930s fascism.

In a rare public appearance, the 85-year-old novelist and former spy spoke of his disdain for Trump and his despair for the US and the wider world.

“Something truly, seriously bad is happening and from my point of view we have to be awake to that,” he told an audience at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

“These stages that Trump is going through in the United States and the stirring of racial hatred … a kind of burning of the books as he attacks, as he declares real news as fake news, the law becomes fake news, everything becomes fake news.

“I think of all things that were happening across Europe in the 1930s, in Spain, in Japan, obviously in Germany. To me, these are absolutely comparable signs of the rise of fascism and it’s contagious, it’s infectious. Fascism is up and running in Poland and Hungary. There’s an encouragement about.”

<more>

An author from England?!!! Oh my.

720157fb8602785b2470e5592dd543d318be9767993f513c352024c2715c1d36.jpg

John le Carré, one of Britain’s greatest living writers, has spoken of the “toxic” parallels between the rise of Donald Trump and the rise of 1930s fascism.

In a rare public appearance, the 85-year-old novelist and former spy spoke of his disdain for Trump and his despair for the US and the wider world.

“Something truly, seriously bad is happening and from my point of view we have to be awake to that,” he told an audience at the Royal Festival Hall in London.

“These stages that Trump is going through in the United States and the stirring of racial hatred … a kind of burning of the books as he attacks, as he declares real news as fake news, the law becomes fake news, everything becomes fake news.

“I think of all things that were happening across Europe in the 1930s, in Spain, in Japan, obviously in Germany. To me, these are absolutely comparable signs of the rise of fascism and it’s contagious, it’s infectious. Fascism is up and running in Poland and Hungary. There’s an encouragement about.”

<more>
The "stirring up of racial hatreds" belongs to the New York Times and George Soros. Too bad le Carre is too afraid of the Jews to say the truth.

I always thought John le Carré was conservative.
Seeing Trump for what he is and finding what he is unfit for the job of POTUS has nothing to do with being conservative. It has only to do with having some integrity and being a bit "smarter than the average bear, Boo Boo." LOL

<more>
He is talking about Obama...right?

<more>
Get a grownup to read it to you.

<more>
I think John has Alzheimer's, which you may have in common with him. Obama was the greatest racist ever to be POTUS. Why can't you admit it. Has your mind left you?

<more>
NAZI'S...

NAZI'S...

Everywhere.

<more>
I think John has Alzheimer's, which you may have in common with him. Obama was the greatest racist ever to be POTUS. Why can't you admit it. Has your mind left you?
Jackson was moreso of a racist than Oblama, Oblama had a white chip on his shoulder.

Forum List

Back