Zone1 John Leguizamo Buys Full Page New York Times Ad Asking Emmy Voters to Choose ‘Non-White Artists’

How about they pick those who have done outstanding work regardless of color or wealth or hairstyle, or any other bullshit...
And how about you recognize that has never really been done? Whites have been getting awards for decades while more outstanding work by non white artists was not awarded.

Very funny. If an actor told the voters to vote white, you would be screaming SYSTEMIC RACISM.
Nope.

That's just the kind of shit that triggers you.

Leg did not tell people HOW to vote.

John Leguizamo NYT ad 2.jpg

Activist and actor John Leguizamo took out a full-page ad in the New York Times on Sunday urging Emmy Award voters to nominate “non-white artists.”

The 63-year-old explained the move in an X post.

“I know everyone is exhausted about inclusion, but not us who are not included. So that’s why I took this ad out in the NYTimes. White peoples (sic) are only 58.9% of the population but over represented in top positions across the board. They are the decision makers in tech, banking, corporations, medicine and streamers and Hollywood!” Leguizamo wrote.

Here you have it, a "reputable" legacy media outlet printing a full page ad that says loud and proud DO NOT VOTE FOR WHITE PEOPLE

As the Washington Compost and CNN sinks further beneath the waves. These commie morons will spout garbage till the bitter end. Hope they like homelessness.

As the Washington Compost and CNN sinks further beneath the waves. These commie morons will spout garbage till the bitter end. Hope they like homelessness.
The NY Times is going to exist long after you leave this world, traitor.

Apparently white people are supposed to focus on brown people sniveling and babbling about brown 'cultures' or something instead of their own.

Here's a clue, Juan; south of the Rio Grande is a huge continent and hundreds of millions of hispanics you can sell your crap to. You just don't stand out here as a talent. You and George Lopez can get married and take a bus tour or something.Shakira does great on 3 continents, people pay to see Jennifer Lopez do pretty much nothing but strike poses for cameras, etc., and many others with major talent do great. It's you who sucks, not white people.

Why do we even give awards to entertainers, whatever their race.? Entertainers are completely useless people with jobs of no social value. Like praising people for having a great baseball card collection. We should honor great engineers and inventors.

If I had a vote, (which obviously I don’t,) and I saw an ad like that I’d never vote for another minority actor or actress for any award; even if I felt they were the best candidate.

So far as I’m concerned that type of politicking for awards should be beneath those people who are actually worthy of the awards.

Forum List

Back