Joni Mitchell wants songs off Spotify in Covid row

Singer Joni Mitchell has joined Neil Young in asking for her music to be removed from Spotify over Covid misinformation concerns.

"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," the Canadian singer said in a post on her official website.

On Monday, Young said the streaming platform must choose either him, or the podcaster Joe Rogan.

"I look at life from both sides now" is her big song.

How many musicians leaving Spotify will it take?
Will it take for what?

For liberals never to have to hear ANYTHING which diverges from their views?

This kind of fascist lunacy is why so many see Democrats as deranged Nazis.

Will it take for what?

For liberals never to have to hear ANYTHING which diverges from their views?

This kind of fascist lunacy is why so many see Democrats as deranged Nazis.
Like Liz Cheney?

oh im sorry i disagreed with you....thats not supposed to happen in your world is it?....
They are soon going to realize that the world no longer cares if they are offended. We were idiots to let them get away with their virtue signaling bullshit for as long as we did and it's now time for common sense in the form of a boot heel.

They are probably too damn old and don’t even have a Spotify subscription or know what Spotify is..

Your ageist stereotyping is a bit stale. I am in my late 50s, grew up listening to both of them and still do. I do not have a Spotify subscription because I preferred Google Music which is now YouTube Music. I am not the exception to the rule, us "old farts" are not as out of touch as you like to think

I've loved Joni since Hejira but let's face it...nobody cares about Joni Mitchell in 2022. Most Americans never heard of her :eusa_dance:

Same with Neil Young....I grew up on Decade but c'mon now....he's been a has-been since Rust Never Sleeps....that was 1979. Most Americans under 40 have no clue who Neil Young is.

Last edited:
Singer Joni Mitchell has joined Neil Young in asking for her music to be removed from Spotify over Covid misinformation concerns.

"Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives," the Canadian singer said in a post on her official website.

On Monday, Young said the streaming platform must choose either him, or the podcaster Joe Rogan.

"I look at life from both sides now" is her big song.

How many musicians leaving Spotify will it take?
Never liked her music when she was in her day, I didn't know she was still alive.

When those subscription numbers go do down, Spotify will be saying just that.
Why do you support a Swedish company? I thought you guys were all about USA and shit.
Gains and losses, it will all work out to a break even.
I'll do my own thinking, and not have people like you tell me what to think.
But, thank you for your concern

I've loved Joni since Hejira but let's face it...nobody cares about Joni Mitchell in 2022. Most Americans never heard of her :eusa_dance:

Same with Neil Young....I grew up on Decade but c'mon now....he's been a has-been since Rust Never Sleeps....that was 1979. Most Americans under 40 have no clue who Neil Young is.

But there are a lot of us that are over 40, and we tend to be the ones with the money

Forum List

Back