Jordan didntwin his first NBA titletill he was 29

So you're saying that whatever MJ did in college in not valid because it was North Carolina and they are always good? Ummm....you are aware that UCLA is perhaps the greatest college basketball dynasty ever, right? 7 titles in a row? In the three years prior to Lew Alindor's arrival in Westwood they won 2 NCAA titles!! After Lew left they still won 5 more fricking titles!

MJ's title doesn't count? OK.

How many titles did Kareem win in LA without Magic? Zero
How many titles did Kareem win in Milwaukee with Oscar? Zero

If Kareem is the one you start your team with, how come he can't win a title by himself? You mentioned MJ beating inferior teams for titles? What about Jabbar loosing to Seattle in 78 and 79 and not even making the finals? Talk about shitty.

Look, if you think Jabbar is the best player that's an opinion...it's not shared by too many people but it's still an opinion. Just know that you invalidate any point you are trying to make when you say stupid shit about Jordan, whom most people agree is the greatest basketball player of all time.

I agree no one just hands them the title, the players have to PLAY! NCAA tournment is one of the hardest tournments to predict. It doesn't give teams any breathing room. And the best team doesn't always win! The team that players better that night WINS!

Kareem was distracted by events in his private life in the mid to late 70s. (his dry spell)

Was (and is) a devout Muslim -religion was more important than basketball. Involved in all sorts of civil rights causes also. Knew Ali.

Owned a rental house in Washington DC - where multiple people were murdered. (don't believe the case has been solved to this day.) Distraction.

Also had BIG- TIME migraine headache spells.

It wasn't until Magic arrived on the scene that he got enthused again. Was just going-through-the-motions until then.

And your point to all this...is????????
Give me a fucking break dude....I'm on Candid Camera, right?? You're joking with us, cause surely to God you aren't that fucking stupid.
And the above in red, who gives a shit.......I swear, you are talking out your ass :cuckoo:

Unfortunatly Dabs yes, gincspy is this fucking stupid.:cuckoo:

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to High_Gravity again.
OK
:rofl:

I think Kareem was great but overrated. They say he was the best center and Laker ever. I disagree with both.

For Centers: I put Wilt, SHAQ, Hakeem, Russel and Robinson over him (and if you consider Duncan a center, him also)

For Lakers: I put Kobe, Magic, SHAQ and West ahead of him

Didnt didn't do that much at N.Carolina. Carolina was always a winning program.

Lew Alcindor - by contrast - won 3 straight NCAA titles out of 3 possible.

Andwon the NBA title in his 2nd season with the expansion Milwaukee Bucks.

If I had to start a team - I would take Alcindor/Jabbar over Jordan.

I think Kareem was great but overrated. They say he was the best center and Laker ever. I disagree with both.

For Centers: I put Wilt, SHAQ, Hakeem, Russel and Robinson over him (and if you consider Duncan a center, him also)

For Lakers: I put Kobe, Magic, SHAQ and West ahead of him

Shit man, now you have gone too far. Wilt over Jabbar? Really? Shaq too? No way. Robinson over Jabbar....now that's just retarded. Duncan is the greatest power forward ever. Not a center.

What objective measure is there that Robinson, Hakeem, or Shaq are rated over Jabbar?

Jordan is overrated.
Them fightin words in Chictown!

I didnt like his retirement/baseball GRANDSTANDING ACT in 1993.
His father who he was EXTREMELY close with was murdered during a carjacking. He was emotionally wrecked! You know he is not a real god, he has feelings too!

I recall this, and it still gives me chills when I watched the game where he said he was playing for his Dad and when he won the trophy, he grabbed it and slumped to the ground...very emotional.

As a young pup I was born and raised in Raleigh until 1965. Until I took up football basketball was my main game. MJ was one of the best, if not the best, athletes in the world in his prime. NBA is probably the most demanding league ON EARTH.

What makes it the most demanding? I can only assume you mean mentally, since it isn't the most demanding physically.

Have you ever watched Ray Allen play?

Do you see any of those guys wearing pads?

So not wearing pads = more physically demanding? :cuckoo:

Sports like football, hockey or rugby require more strength. I think a sport like soccer requires more stamina (I hate soccer, but those fuckers sure do have to run around forever!). Hockey has just as many games, baseball has many more. Something like UFC, which requires strength, stamina, agility, and mental toughness, could easily be argued as more physically demanding than any of the major sports leagues. So what, exactly, makes basketball the most demanding league on earth?

I'll tell you one thing if Kareem played today he would average 40 points per game, there are no Robert Parishs, Hakeems or Ralph Samsons to try and guard him anymore.

What makes it the most demanding? I can only assume you mean mentally, since it isn't the most demanding physically.

Have you ever watched Ray Allen play?

Do you see any of those guys wearing pads?

So not wearing pads = more physically demanding? :cuckoo:

Sports like football, hockey or rugby require more strength. I think a sport like soccer requires more stamina (I hate soccer, but those fuckers sure do have to run around forever!). Hockey has just as many games, baseball has many more. Something like UFC, which requires strength, stamina, agility, and mental toughness, could easily be argued as more physically demanding than any of the major sports leagues. So what, exactly, makes basketball the most demanding league on earth?

I don't think it's the most physically demanding I just got a kick out of your dismissiveness at it being the most physically demanding.

Personally, I think boxing and tennis are the most physically demanding.

It's a good thing that the highest position you'll ever achieve in the NBA is back up waterboy. Jordan was the best and most complete basketball player there ever was. Kareem was a good scorer, but lazy on defense and rebounding, he also was not that good at keeping his teammates involved in the game.......

There was a poll out that enlisted Sports Scientist from the Olympic Committee, Academics who study muscles and muscle movement, athletes and journalists. It had a bunch of criteria and was the most scientific and objective list I have seen. I'll look for it, but the the top was Boxing then Hockey, basketball was 4th behind football and ahead of soccer, skiing, water polo and rugby.

Found it:

ESPN.com: Page 2 - Sport Skills Difficulty Rankings

It's actually pretty interesting. My favorite sport is basketball. As long as you don't get wrapped around the axle because your favorite sport is not number one....it seems like a good reasonable and objective list.

Much better than non-athletes on the internet arguing back and forth ;)

It's a good thing that the highest position you'll ever achieve in the NBA is back up waterboy. Jordan was the best and most complete basketball player there ever was. Kareem was a good scorer, but lazy on defense and rebounding, he also was not that good at keeping his teammates involved in the game.......

I so agree with the above in red. I enjoyed watching Jordan play. I had fun with my children as we sat and watched the Bulls, I loved the opening music as they came onto the court!
It was a thrill to watch Jordan play. He had hang time that seemed to be longer than most everyone else. And they did a study once on this...true story...because it seemed like Michael Jordan was 'flying'....or 'hanging in the air' longer than the norm.
And they discovered it was because of his leg span and the way he jumped. But he always looked to be able to fly and he was remarkable to watch.
I don't get why the OP wants to crap out on somebody just because they did something great with their life, did something positive and good. And Jordan is still a positive role model.

I so agree with the above in red. I enjoyed watching Jordan play. I had fun with my children as we sat and watched the Bulls, I loved the opening music as they came onto the court!
It was a thrill to watch Jordan play. He had hang time that seemed to be longer than most everyone else. And they did a study once on this...true story...because it seemed like Michael Jordan was 'flying'....or 'hanging in the air' longer than the norm.
And they discovered it was because of his leg span and the way he jumped. But he always looked to be able to fly and he was remarkable to watch.
I don't get why the OP wants to crap out on somebody just because they did something great with their life, did something positive and good. And Jordan is still a positive role model.

Jordan used to play so good I wanted to see him lose in the Finals, but he never allowed it to happen. He would never allow anyone to beat him on the court, when people try to tell me Lebron is better than Jordan I laugh in their face because Lebron totally vanished on the big stage in the Finals against Dallas, if Miami had Michael Jordan on their team instead of Lebron they would have whupped Dallas in 5 games and Jordan would have averaged 39 points per game with Jason Kidd and Jason Terry guarding him.

Jordan used to play so good I wanted to see him lose in the Finals, but he never allowed it to happen. He would never allow anyone to beat him on the court, when people try to tell me Lebron is better than Jordan I laugh in their face because Lebron totally vanished on the big stage in the Finals against Dallas, if Miami had Michael Jordan on their team instead of Lebron they would have whupped Dallas in 5 games and Jordan would have averaged 39 points per game with Jason Kidd and Jason Terry guarding him.

39? Remember that when Jordan was playing they were allowed to do that nasty hand check defense and push the offensive player all over the floor. MJ would have killed Kidd, way too quick for him. Jason Terry, MJ would have posted that little dude up so much it would have looked like what Hakeem did to David Robinson...

I'm guessing 45-50 in the finals for Jordan.

39? Remember that when Jordan was playing they were allowed to do that nasty hand check defense and push the offensive player all over the floor. MJ would have killed Kidd, way too quick for him. Jason Terry, MJ would have posted that little dude up so much it would have looked like what Hakeem did to David Robinson...

I'm guessing 45-50 in the finals for Jordan.

Jason Kidd is 39 years old, MJ would have TORCHED him, lol I was trying to give Jason Terry a little credit but you are right, Jordan would have put up 45-50 in the Finals against Dallas.

That says something about Lebron though, why didn't he dominate the match ups against Terry and a 39 year old Jason Kidd? its not like Dallas had Scottie Pippen or James Worthy out there guarding Lebrick.

I'll tell you one thing if Kareem played today he would average 40 points per game, there are no Robert Parishs, Hakeems or Ralph Samsons to try and guard him anymore.

Damn straight he would.
Ralph was banged up but he was a better defensive rebounder than most folks know. The first 4 or 5 years of his career he was GREAT. Pac Man as he had 200 blocks his rookie year. Olajuwon was one of my favorite players. 4000 0RB 9700 DRB and 3800 blocks! DAMN! Robert with 21 seasons and 1600 games played. I would have carried a bong with me on the road too if I had to play that long and hard! Pissed me off Celtics didn't let him finish his career there and he went to Bulls.

As a young pup I was born and raised in Raleigh until 1965. Until I took up football basketball was my main game. MJ was one of the best, if not the best, athletes in the world in his prime. NBA is probably the most demanding league ON EARTH.

What sport is more demanding physically than pro basketball?
It isn't football or hockey. I played football and basketball and basketball took more of a toll than football and I played twice as many seasons in football.
What other sport do they play the schedule they do and run over 8 miles a game?
Ask any pro trainer what is the most grueling on the body sport there is.
Pro basketball. Toughest league in the world.

What sport is more demanding physically than pro basketball?
It isn't football or hockey. I played football and basketball and basketball took more of a toll than football and I played twice as many seasons in football.
What other sport do they play the schedule they do and run over 8 miles a game?
Ask any pro trainer what is the most grueling on the body sport there is.
Pro basketball. Toughest league in the world.

I think the length of the season also makes a difference, if you think about it training camp starts in September and can go all the way to May-June if you make it to the playoffs, very demanding and physcially exhausting schedule, you play 82 regular season games not even counting the playoffs and pre-season.

Damn straight he would.
Ralph was banged up but he was a better defensive rebounder than most folks know. The first 4 or 5 years of his career he was GREAT. Pac Man as he had 200 blocks his rookie year. Olajuwon was one of my favorite players. 4000 0RB 9700 DRB and 3800 blocks! DAMN! Robert with 21 seasons and 1600 games played. I would have carried a bong with me on the road too if I had to play that long and hard! Pissed me off Celtics didn't let him finish his career there and he went to Bulls.

There just enough good centers out there anymore, Dwight Howard would get shredded by Kareem and even the other decent centers like Joakin Noah, Kendrick Perkins, Andrew Bynum etc would have their lunch took, I watched a repeat of game 4 of the 1984 NBA Finals with the Lakers and Celtics and Kareem just scored at ease against Parish and McHale, Kareem was so long and very fundamentally sound, his hook shot was unstoppable. He would be killing it in the league today and command the highest salary.

Forum List

Back