Juan Williams Hearts O’Reilly’s Tirade Against African Americans

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
I posted last night about Bill O’Reilly’s tirade against African Americans which he cloaked under a very thin veneer of concern about the welfare of the black community. While O’Reilly posited his unsubstantiated, off-the-top-of-his-head “solutions” for poverty, crime, drugs and the other plagues of the ghetto, the underlying message of his Talking Points commentary last night was really, “Why I dislike and distrust African American concerns and why you should, too.” But somehow, Fox News’ African American contributor Juan Williams – a sometimes intelligent guest in opposition to race baiting on Fox – missed the deliberate hostility and ugliness spewing from O’Reilly and embraced it as an overdue voice of reason.

Of course, O’Reilly had a point that teen pregnancies, drugs and single-parent families are big problems in poor communities. I’ll even grant that he may be right that African American leaders don’t stress these things enough. Since I’m so busy watching (lily-white) Fox News, I’m more familiar with antipathetic, O’Reilly-like interpretations of what African American leaders say, rather than the actual words of the leaders, themselves. But does O’Reilly really think that pontificating about what African Americans should be thinking and feeling, while rancorously maligning their integrity, sends any kind of constructive message? Or was he merely pandering to the racial resentments of his audience?

Apparently, to Juan Williams, the answer was the former. He somehow missed, or maybe even appreciated, O’Reilly’s acrimony and vitriol.

He agreed loudly when O’Reilly said, “I believe many of these civil rights activists don’t, don’t want to solve many of these complicated African American problems.” Williams replied, “In fact, when you look at the record, what have they done? They turn away from these issues.”

But the truth is, O’Reilly did, too. Other than wagging an accusing finger at the black community for not thinking and doing as he thinks they should, O’Reilly offered up nothing in the way of evidence that he’s right. He pointed to no programs that have been proven effective in combatting drug use, held up no measures black communities may have already adopted to combat violence (such as The Interruptors, e.g.) for other communities to emulate and no constructive solutions for avoiding teen pregnancy beyond demanding that President Obama and other black leaders produce a public service announcement.

Read more at Juan Williams Hearts O?Reilly?s Tirade Against African Americans - NewsHounds

I guess Juan gets to stay in the house tonight.

I posted last night about Bill O’Reilly’s tirade against African Americans which he cloaked under a very thin veneer of concern about the welfare of the black community. While O’Reilly posited his unsubstantiated, off-the-top-of-his-head “solutions” for poverty, crime, drugs and the other plagues of the ghetto, the underlying message of his Talking Points commentary last night was really, “Why I dislike and distrust African American concerns and why you should, too.” But somehow, Fox News’ African American contributor Juan Williams – a sometimes intelligent guest in opposition to race baiting on Fox – missed the deliberate hostility and ugliness spewing from O’Reilly and embraced it as an overdue voice of reason.

Of course, O’Reilly had a point that teen pregnancies, drugs and single-parent families are big problems in poor communities. I’ll even grant that he may be right that African American leaders don’t stress these things enough. Since I’m so busy watching (lily-white) Fox News, I’m more familiar with antipathetic, O’Reilly-like interpretations of what African American leaders say, rather than the actual words of the leaders, themselves. But does O’Reilly really think that pontificating about what African Americans should be thinking and feeling, while rancorously maligning their integrity, sends any kind of constructive message? Or was he merely pandering to the racial resentments of his audience?

Apparently, to Juan Williams, the answer was the former. He somehow missed, or maybe even appreciated, O’Reilly’s acrimony and vitriol.

He agreed loudly when O’Reilly said, “I believe many of these civil rights activists don’t, don’t want to solve many of these complicated African American problems.” Williams replied, “In fact, when you look at the record, what have they done? They turn away from these issues.”

But the truth is, O’Reilly did, too. Other than wagging an accusing finger at the black community for not thinking and doing as he thinks they should, O’Reilly offered up nothing in the way of evidence that he’s right. He pointed to no programs that have been proven effective in combatting drug use, held up no measures black communities may have already adopted to combat violence (such as The Interruptors, e.g.) for other communities to emulate and no constructive solutions for avoiding teen pregnancy beyond demanding that President Obama and other black leaders produce a public service announcement.

Read more at Juan Williams Hearts O?Reilly?s Tirade Against African Americans - NewsHounds

Good Lord...
Are you calling Juan Williams a "House Negro"?

Good Lord...

I'm calling him a Fox "News" lap dog.

I have seen Juan Williams go balls to the wall defending Obama against Hannity and O'Reilly....

How dare you sir....

Another scoop by the tax exempt "newshounds" (we watch Fox so you don't have to). It's OK to quote O'Reilly, the problem is that the radical left can't tell the difference between news and spin. Nobody in the world characterizes O'Reilly's commentary as "a tirade against African-Americans" except the fools from newshounds who write an op-ed and pretend it's news and feed it to the hungry leftie hate mongers.

Juan Williams is a whipping boy for any of the Fox hosts who needs a "win". Anyone who pays attention knows this.

No one would dare publicly identify one of the major problems among blacks as the practice of black men to fuck and run but O'Reilly.

Go ahead a boycott Florida. That will do a hell of a lot to solve the problems of the black community.

Good Lord...

Yes. It's pretty clear who the racist in this discussion is, isn't it? (Hint: It's not OReilly)

Good Lord...

He is the one O'Reilly, hannity and every other rigjt winger on t.v.....fox...goes to when they want a 'black' yes man. The funny part is, he isn't even black: he is Panamanian. Remwber O'Reilly and his sylvia's racist review? He couldnt get ol Juan on fast enough. Juan then shucked and jived for O'Reilly like predicted.

Juan Williams is a whipping boy for any of the Fox hosts who needs a "win". Anyone who pays attention knows this.

He is there so thy can say....I have a black friend who agrees with anything I say against blacks. Of course Juan agrees with O'Reilly.

You idiots that claim William's is a yes man, obviously don't watch Fox or are dishonest to the core.

you see that, you can't talk "about" black people...oh no, it's talking Against them

Forum List

Back