🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge bans high school from performing live Nativity scene

I don't see anything wrong with these very rare once a year events. Each religion has the same opportunity. The moment the Muslims start having their own school plays and Christians start whining about it then there is a problem.

Until then how about everyone just chill out.

I would argue atheism is a religious belief in itself.

religion
noun re·li·gion \ri-ˈli-jən\
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

:an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

Thus, banning God is in fact conveying a message of endorsement of religion since atheism fits the definition. It's a only a matter of time before people get this fact. The best decision is to let people do that they want and teach beliefs in the home.

They should perform it anyway
Why?

Because it is traditional.
It's a traditon for that high school to defy court orders or to violate the separation of church and state?

There is no such thing as separation of Church and State. That is pure made up PC bullshit. It is traditional in many schools a nativity scene and if it offends someone nobody is going to make them attend the ceremony. If the Judge is elected, he should not be reelected.

There is no such thing as separation of Church and State. That is pure made up PC bullshit.
Utter nonsense. No Christian nation bans itself, by law, from calling itself a Christian nation. If you want Church and State as one, become a Muslim.

religion

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

:an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

Thus, banning God is in fact conveying a message of endorsement of religion since atheism fits the definition. It's a only a matter of time before people get this fact. The best decision is to let people do that they want and teach beliefs in the home.
Be agnostic, the only rational position and here, the state is neutral. It does not suppress, and it does not endorse.

"Judge bans high school from performing live Nativity scene"

In accordance with First Amendment jurisprudence.

Good, this does not belong in a public school which is also supported by non christian tax dollars . They know the law and yet they keep trying

An Indiana public high school will not be allowed to portray a Nativity scene with live performers as part of the 2015 Christmas Spectacular, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Jon E. Deguilio granted a preliminary injunction in a federal lawsuit against Concord Community Schools, writing in the order that the show "conveys a message of endorsement of religion, or that a particular religious belief is favored or preferred."

If it was a black baby Jesus you'd be OK with it.
Hypocrite.
Idiotic, utterly, although Jesus was a darkie...
he was a brownie....

What a crock of shit. It's a "Christmas Extravaganza", and the Nativity scene is a Christmas story. It's THE Christmas story. God forbid people get distracted by the consumerism and greed once a year.
Nonsense.

Public schools are government entities and subject to the First and 14th Amendments.

This aspect of Establishment Clause jurisprudence has been in place for well over 50 years, something every school official should be aware of – the school should have never sanctioned the scene to begin with; any fault or blame belongs to the school officials alone.

I don't see anything wrong with these very rare once a year events. Each religion has the same opportunity. The moment the Muslims start having their own school plays and Christians start whining about it then there is a problem.

True...but someone did...and filed a lawsuit...and the law is on their side.

Well gosh, this was certainly important. Crushing a living nativity has probably saved the world...

I guess there no more important issues facing the school...

They must have stellar test scores and the highest rate of graduates in the state...

You know it's ridiculous when an Atheist makes fun of it...
No, what's ridiculous is this post.

Following the Constitution, placing important restrictions on government authority, and safeguarding citizens civil rights are as important as test scores.

Again, the school's administration is to blame, not a judge following the law in good faith.

I don't see anything wrong with these very rare once a year events.
Yes, we know, but Public Schools are secular, by law.

I agree you are right, they are. But can we not be by the book on every single thing. It isn't a slippery slope because these Christmas celebrations have been going on for over a hundred years in schools. In the last 100 years I'd say the number of them has been in decline.

Again, as long as all religions, and for Christians that would mean a Satanist group that wanted to do a pageant or something they too would be clear, then not great harm.

Let's lighten up some eh?

I don't see anything wrong with these very rare once a year events.
Yes, we know, but Public Schools are secular, by law.

I agree you are right, they are. But can we not be by the book on every single thing. It isn't a slippery slope because these Christmas celebrations have been going on for over a hundred years in schools. In the last 100 years I'd say the number of them has been in decline.

Again, as long as all religions, and for Christians that would mean a Satanist group that wanted to do a pageant or something they too would be clear, then not great harm.

Let's lighten up some eh?
No, let's obey the fucking laws, for once.

Which is why we're a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy, whose citizens are subject solely to the rule of law, not citizens who incorrectly believe that there can be 'exceptions' to the rule of law.

Constitutional case law must be applied consistently, otherwise it's devoid of authority; and for the third time: the school is in the wrong for authorizing the event, not the judge following the rule of law.

Last, if Muslims – or any religion or belief – sought to conjoin church and state, sought to promote Islamic tenets through force of law absent a secular purpose, or sought to excessively entangle Islamic religious dogma with government, such efforts would likewise be subject to a court challenge and invalidated by a judge.

Good, this does not belong in a public school which is also supported by non christian tax dollars . They know the law and yet they keep trying

An Indiana public high school will not be allowed to portray a Nativity scene with live performers as part of the 2015 Christmas Spectacular, a federal judge ruled Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Jon E. Deguilio granted a preliminary injunction in a federal lawsuit against Concord Community Schools, writing in the order that the show "conveys a message of endorsement of religion, or that a particular religious belief is favored or preferred."

If it was a black baby Jesus you'd be OK with it.
Hypocrite.
Idiotic, utterly, although Jesus was a darkie...
I was referring to the program you moron.

They should perform it anyway
Why?

Because it is traditional.
It's a traditon for that high school to defy court orders or to violate the separation of church and state?

There is no such thing as separation of Church and State. That is pure made up PC bullshit. It is traditional in many schools a nativity scene and if it offends someone nobody is going to make them attend the ceremony. If the Judge is elected, he should not be reelected.
We dont have to follow unjust rulings

religion

Aethists are in full Jihad against Christianity.

If the judge is saying that it can't be done at the school, that doesn't mean that it can't be done somewhere else.

God bless you and the kids always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back