Judge declines to marry same sex on religious grounds

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.

The Bible says plenty about homosexuality. This is an interesting case, I'm curious how it will play out. They still got married by another judge so what's the big deal

Remind me what it says about same-sex marriage. Why don't you apply your bible to interracial marriage - after all, it was used to justify those laws too.

Jesus said marriage is between a man and a woman. Stop comparing straight marriage to homo marriage. That won't fly with
In our country, what Anthony Kennedy says has more weight than what Jesus said, because Jesus isn't a Supreme Court Judge.

Sorry but I take Jesus over Kennedy. People still have the right to practice religion. In fact THAT is mentioned in the Constitution. Homo marriage? Nope

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.

The Bible says plenty about homosexuality. This is an interesting case, I'm curious how it will play out. They still got married by another judge so what's the big deal

Remind me what it says about same-sex marriage. Why don't you apply your bible to interracial marriage - after all, it was used to justify those laws too.

Jesus said marriage is between a man and a woman. Stop comparing straight marriage to homo marriage. That won't fly with
In our country, what Anthony Kennedy says has more weight than what Jesus said, because Jesus isn't a Supreme Court Judge.

Sorry but I take Jesus over Kennedy. People still have the right to practice religion. In fact THAT is mentioned in the Constitution. Homo marriage? Nope
I never saw where Jesus condemned gheys.....

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Romans 1:26-27).
That's not Jesus...that was Saul who was the Joseph Smith/L. Ron Hubbard of those times.

He never condemned pedophiles either, you think He was OK with it? Stupid people

That is not a quote from Jesus.....And Paul was not a disciple that followed Jesus...

He never condemned pedophiles either, you think He was OK with it? Stupid people
Yeah....If it was never mentioned, don't throw down with it like it was more of a sin than adultery, yet adulterers get the free pass...

That's not Jesus...that was Saul who was the Joseph Smith/L. Ron Hubbard of those times.

Yeah....If it was never mentioned, don't throw down with it like it was more of a sin than adultery, yet adulterers get the free pass...

They don't get a free pass. You're obviously Biblical illiterate. Back to ignore you go

The thing is there isn't really any passage about inter-racial marriage. The one people always quote is about Jews not marrying non-jews, and that was kibboshed in the new testament.

We all know being a fag cork soaker is unhealthy..

-Geaux

Statistics on HIV AIDS and health related issues CARM Homosexuality

1. Emotional Health
    1. Homosexuals more likely to suffer from depression: "A new study in the United Kingdom has revealed that homosexuals are about 50% more likely to suffer from depression and engage in substance abuse than the rest of the population, reports Health24.com . . . the risk of suicide jumped over 200% if an individual had engaged in a homosexual lifestyle . . . the lifespan of a homosexual is on average 24 years shorter than that of a heterosexual . . . While the Health 24 article suggested that homosexuals may be pushed to substance abuse and suicide because of anti-homosexual cultural and family pressures, empirical tests have shown that there is no difference in homosexual health risk depending on the level of tolerance in a particular environment. Homosexuals in the United States and Denmark--the latter of which is acknowledged to be highly tolerant of homosexuality--both die on average in their early 50's, or in their 40's if AIDS is the cause of death. The average age for all residents in either country ranges from the mid-to-upper-70s."(onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=255614)
    2. Professional psychiatrists say homosexual men are less happy: "A major study by Bell and Weinberg revealed that 78% of male homo-sexual "affairs" (relationships entered into with an intent of commitment) lasted less than three years. Only 12% lasted five years or longer. Study by Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg, “Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women,' (New York, Simon and Shuster, 1978) p.314 Certainly, this shows a pattern of broken relationships that must be painful for many. 73% of the psychiatrists in the American Psychiatric Association who responded to a survey by Harold I. Lief said that they thought that homosexual men are less happy than others. 70% percent said they believed that the homosexuals' problems were due more to personal conflicts than to social stigmatization. Study by Harold I. Lief, Sexual Survey Number 4: Current Thinking on Homosexuality, Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality 2 (1977), pp.110-111 (Cited in Growing Up Straight by George A. Reker)." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
  2. Psychological Health
    1. High rate of psychological counseling among lesbians: "In a national health care survey 75% of the nearly 2000 lesbian respondents reported they had pursued psychological counselling of some kind, many for treatment of long-term depression or sadness. J. Bradford et al., "National Lesbian Health Care Survey: Implications for Mental Health Care," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 62 (1994): 239, cited in Health Implications Associated with Homosexuality, p. 81 . . . " (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    2. "Homosexual men are 6 times more likely to have attempted suicide than are heterosexual men. Study by Bell and Weinberg, “Homosexualities . . . " Table 21.12" (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
  3. Physical health
    1. Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: "'the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.' Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications," Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41–59." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    2. Higher Alcoholism among Lesbians: "'Lesbians are 3 times more likely to abuse alcohol and to suffer from other compulsive behaviours. Joanne Hall, "Lesbians Recovering from Alcoholic Problems: An Ethnographic Study of Health Care Expectations,' Nursing Research 43 (1994): 238–244." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    3. Higher sexual molestation with homosexual parents: “A disproportionate percentage--29 percent--of the adult children of homosexual parents had been specifically subjected to sexual molestation by that homosexual parent, compared to only 0.6 percent of adult children of heterosexual parents having reported sexual relations with their parent . . . Having a homosexual parent(s) appears to increase the risk of incest with a parent by a factor of about 50.” P. Cameron and K. Cameron, "Homosexual Parents," Adolescence 31 (1996): 772" (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)

I'm sure there were some judges who refused to marry inter-racial couples. What happened to them?
The last one to refuse quit his job.
My husband informs me that laws vary from state to state but a judge is not required by law to marry anyone. A state authorizes who can perform weddings but does not require anyone to do it. He said this judge should opt out of all weddings until the Ohio Courts determine proper procedure

As well as eligibility. Soon the judge could be asked to perform a plural marriage, or an incestuous marriage.

Simply a mess
Incestuous marriages are legal in many states, in the case of cousins.

Interesting. So now they are after judges also?

CALLS TO IMPEACH OHIO JUDGE WHO DECLINED TO MARRY SAME SEX COUPLE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

The Left is already calling for the impeachment of Toledo Municipal Judge Allen McConnell who respectfully declined to marry a same-sex couple Monday.

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” he said per Reuters. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”

Calls to Impeach Ohio Judge Who Declined to Marry Same Sex Couple On Religious Grounds - Breitbart

Falls into a very weird place, between a celebrant of a marriage, and a public official. On one side you don't want to force people to actually marry someone they don't want to (solemnize, not write up the document, the clerks have no leg to stand on), on the other government has to be 100% neutral.

I have to think of this one, although him being black should be a popcorn worthy moment due to progressive angst over having to figure out who is higher on the oppressed chain.

-Geaux

1. Emotional Health
    1. Homosexuals more likely to suffer from depression: "A new study in the United Kingdom has revealed that homosexuals are about 50% more likely to suffer from depression and engage in substance abuse than the rest of the population, reports Health24.com . . . the risk of suicide jumped over 200% if an individual had engaged in a homosexual lifestyle . . . the lifespan of a homosexual is on average 24 years shorter than that of a heterosexual . . . While the Health 24 article suggested that homosexuals may be pushed to substance abuse and suicide because of anti-homosexual cultural and family pressures, empirical tests have shown that there is no difference in homosexual health risk depending on the level of tolerance in a particular environment. Homosexuals in the United States and Denmark--the latter of which is acknowledged to be highly tolerant of homosexuality--both die on average in their early 50's, or in their 40's if AIDS is the cause of death. The average age for all residents in either country ranges from the mid-to-upper-70s."(onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=255614)
    2. Professional psychiatrists say homosexual men are less happy: "A major study by Bell and Weinberg revealed that 78% of male homo-sexual "affairs" (relationships entered into with an intent of commitment) lasted less than three years. Only 12% lasted five years or longer. Study by Alan P. Bell and Martin S. Weinberg, “Homosexualities: A Study of Diversity Among Men and Women,' (New York, Simon and Shuster, 1978) p.314 Certainly, this shows a pattern of broken relationships that must be painful for many. 73% of the psychiatrists in the American Psychiatric Association who responded to a survey by Harold I. Lief said that they thought that homosexual men are less happy than others. 70% percent said they believed that the homosexuals' problems were due more to personal conflicts than to social stigmatization. Study by Harold I. Lief, Sexual Survey Number 4: Current Thinking on Homosexuality, Medical Aspects of Human Sexuality 2 (1977), pp.110-111 (Cited in Growing Up Straight by George A. Reker)." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
  2. Psychological Health
    1. High rate of psychological counseling among lesbians: "In a national health care survey 75% of the nearly 2000 lesbian respondents reported they had pursued psychological counselling of some kind, many for treatment of long-term depression or sadness. J. Bradford et al., "National Lesbian Health Care Survey: Implications for Mental Health Care," Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology 62 (1994): 239, cited in Health Implications Associated with Homosexuality, p. 81 . . . " (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    2. "Homosexual men are 6 times more likely to have attempted suicide than are heterosexual men. Study by Bell and Weinberg, “Homosexualities . . . " Table 21.12" (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
  3. Physical health
    1. Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: "'the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.' Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, "Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications," Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41–59." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    2. Higher Alcoholism among Lesbians: "'Lesbians are 3 times more likely to abuse alcohol and to suffer from other compulsive behaviours. Joanne Hall, "Lesbians Recovering from Alcoholic Problems: An Ethnographic Study of Health Care Expectations,' Nursing Research 43 (1994): 238–244." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
    3. Higher sexual molestation with homosexual parents: “A disproportionate percentage--29 percent--of the adult children of homosexual parents had been specifically subjected to sexual molestation by that homosexual parent, compared to only 0.6 percent of adult children of heterosexual parents having reported sexual relations with their parent . . . Having a homosexual parent(s) appears to increase the risk of incest with a parent by a factor of about 50.” P. Cameron and K. Cameron, "Homosexual Parents," Adolescence 31 (1996): 772" (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)

Homos are a hot mess

A court is not a church. You don't practice religion there.

CALLS TO IMPEACH OHIO JUDGE WHO DECLINED TO MARRY SAME SEX COUPLE ON RELIGIOUS GROUNDS

The Left is already calling for the impeachment of Toledo Municipal Judge Allen McConnell who respectfully declined to marry a same-sex couple Monday.

“I declined to marry a non-traditional couple during my duties assignment,” he said per Reuters. “The declination was based upon my personal and Christian beliefs established over many years. I apologize to the couple for the delay they experienced and wish them the best.”

Calls to Impeach Ohio Judge Who Declined to Marry Same Sex Couple On Religious Grounds - Breitbart

Falls into a very weird place, between a celebrant of a marriage, and a public official. On one side you don't want to force people to actually marry someone they don't want to (solemnize, not write up the document, the clerks have no leg to stand on), on the other government has to be 100% neutral.

I have to think of this one, although him being black should be a popcorn worthy moment due to progressive angst over having to figure out who is higher on the oppressed chain.

Judge was likely offended on how the gays equate the gay marriage fiasco to the civil right movement of the 60's

-Geaux

Refusing to perform a legal job-related duty should result in impeachment. If we let people decline however respectfully to perform their duty on spec, where does it end? Gonna let them refuse to try a case involving a gay bashing because they don't think gays deserve legal protection?

Wanna be reliigous, more power to you. But you swear to be an officer of the court, or a judge you're obligated to do your fucking job.

A court is not a church. You don't practice religion there.

Some courts still have you swear on the bible.

-Geaux

Refusing to perform a legal job-related duty should result in impeachment. If we let people decline however respectfully to perform their duty on spec, where does it end? Gonna let them refuse to try a case involving a gay bashing because they don't think gays deserve legal protection?

Wanna be reliigous, more power to you. But you swear to be an officer of the court, or a judge you're obligated to do your fucking job.

Why would gays want to be married by someone who was 'forced' to join the freaks?

-Geaux

Bravo! :up:

Don't care if clergy wanna decline such things, they should retain that right, but public businesses are bound by laws. And agents of the government as with a judge should NOT have the right to refuse willy-nilly legal ceremonies or procedures. Want to, don't be a judge.

-Geaux

1. Emotional Health
  2. Psychological Health
  3. Physical health

Homos are a hot mess

Apparently you can't stop thinking about them.

Forum List

Back