Judge orders man to carry 'I'm a bully' sign

This is meaningless and only will fuel his guy's skewed view of the world. This is no real consequence for his action. If I thought the amount of ridicule or embarrassment would rehabilitate this person and change his behavior then I would be all for it.

This is tantamount to a someone wearing an "I am with stupid" tee shirt walking next to him.....

i don't know.... i think ridicule is a powerful social mechanism. does it work in every instance? probably not.

I am discussing this specific situation. This man seems incorrigible and if he broke a law it should have been addressed in a more traditional manner. Community service at a a medical facility or a rehab facility that assists the disabled for example.

Last edited:
Judge orders man to carry 'I'm a bully' sign

Was the guy a moderator here? :dunno:

This is meaningless and only will fuel his guy's skewed view of the world. This is no real consequence for his action. If I thought the amount of ridicule or embarrassment would rehabilitate this person and change his behavior then I would be all for it.

This is tantamount to a someone wearing an "I am with stupid" tee shirt walking next to him.....

i don't know.... i think ridicule is a powerful social mechanism. does it work in every instance? probably not.

I am discussing this specific situation. Thjis man seems incorrigible and of her broke a law it should have been addressed in a more traditional manner. Community service at a a medical facility or a rehab facility that assists the disabled for example.

Just don't leave him alone with a helpless kid.

Even though he has been convicted three other times, at no time has public humiliation worked. None. Never.

This was included:
This time around, Aviv was also sentenced to 15 days in jail, 100 hours of community service and is required to write an apology letter to the Prugh family.

The fact that there were three other times means that he is not taking it seriously. He's not taking it seriously because the courts aren't taking it seriously. By the time he hit kerosene and tar that should have been a done deal. He is obviously not well wrapped.

It's funny and it gets pretty good news coverage but it ain't justice, it's just pop-culture crap. The defendant most likely was offered this bizarre punishment in place of jail time. Who is laughing at who?

It's funny and it gets pretty good news coverage but it ain't justice, it's just pop-culture crap. The defendant most likely was offered this bizarre punishment in place of jail time. Who is laughing at who?

That is the whole point...one big joke....now the poor disabled children will have more nonsense to deal with as they are the focal point in this joke.

I approve of it because I hate bullies and a fine would not discourage him.

I live in a retirement community where there are a disportionate number of people who are just not quite right in the head, probably because of personality disorders that became worse as they grew older. There are harassing neighbors, stalking x-spouses, and flat out crazy people, like the woman who sprayed her whole house with graffiti last month, and blamed it on her next door neighbor. There is a guy I know that is bi-polar who has been asked to leave every club he has joined. We have a judge down here who spends half of her time dealing with restraining orders. I don't know the answer to how to deal with this. It is not a "one size fits all" type of sentence. Hell, there is a guy down here who marches around in front of the Safeway parking lot with nonsensical signs 365 days a year. He would love a sentence like that. On the other hand, the guy I know who is bi-polar would be totally humiliated.

What, is everyone who commits a crime going to have to wear a sign that tells their crime.

The Judge was angry and made it personal.

The Judge is stupid

I approve of it because I hate bullies and a fine would not discourage him.

I live in a retirement community where there are a disportionate number of people who are just not quite right in the head, probably because of personality disorders that became worse as they grew older. There are harassing neighbors, stalking x-spouses, and flat out crazy people, like the woman who sprayed her whole house with graffiti last month, and blamed it on her next door neighbor. There is a guy I know that is bi-polar who has been asked to leave every club he has joined. We have a judge down here who spends half of her time dealing with restraining orders. I don't know the answer to how to deal with this. It is not a "one size fits all" type of sentence. Hell, there is a guy down here who marches around in front of the Safeway parking lot with nonsensical signs 365 days a year. He would love a sentence like that. On the other hand, the guy I know who is bi-polar would be totally humiliated.

The larger question as it relates to your narrative is what attracted you to such a community?

Even though he has been convicted three other times, at no time has public humiliation worked. None. Never.

This was included:
This time around, Aviv was also sentenced to 15 days in jail, 100 hours of community service and is required to write an apology letter to the Prugh family.

The fact that there were three other times means that he is not taking it seriously. He's not taking it seriously because the courts aren't taking it seriously. By the time he hit kerosene and tar that should have been a done deal. He is obviously not well wrapped.

a letter of apology is not public humiliation. at least not to me.

This was included:

a letter of apology is not public humiliation. at least not to me.

Nothing in my post indicates that I thought it was.

Forum List

Back