Judge Rejects bannon Effort To Slow Walk Contempt Case

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
The republican strategy with the Jan 6th investigation is to run out the clock.

Which is what bannon is trying to do with his contempt case.

The judge isn't allowing it.

The trump appointed judge said the following:

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to wait, essentially a month and a half or longer.”

The prosecution has set a date for another hearing for December 7th.

“I don’t think it’s appropriate to wait, essentially a month and a half or longer.”

Is Bannon going to get a life sentence for a misdemeanor? This means very little, except it proves how weaponized every level of the Federal government is. Fascism.

Is Bannon going to get a life sentence for a misdemeanor? This means very little, except it proves how weaponized every level of the Federal government is. Fascism.
They're apt to find out that Bannon isn't someone they want to feck around with. He's a hard core type and is the equivalent of a street fighter in media circles. He has his own platform and he can rain down "truth-hell" on media scum that are attacking him. Fining him is like taxing corporations - it will only be paid by his supporters. Hell... I'll chip in. When Trump is sworn back in he should pardon everyone in the 1/6 group that didn't resort to actual violence and he should help any who want to sue the government for their overreach, to have all the information they need to be effective in prevailing.

Most he can get is a maximum one year in prison and or up to a $1,000 dollar fine. Pretty sure he has paid more than a $1,000 dinner and drink tab. That money would have no effect on him. I wonder how he would like a year in prison? Bet he would spend it writing a book, probably on a fat advance.

The only people obsessed with Donald Trump are Trump haters. There is your cult.
It just shows how absolutely panicked they are because they know he's coming back and there isn't a damned thing they can do to stop him. A year from now, when the Rs have control of one or both houses of Congress, I expect them and their media whores to begin a campaign of absolute HYSTERIA. They'll make it clear that if he's re-elected, they'll go seriously violent. I say, go for it. It's going to happen so might as well be sooner than later. Those on the Right aren't the ones who decided they will never compromise again.

Most he can get is a maximum one year in prison and or up to a $1,000 dollar fine. Pretty sure he has paid more than a $1,000 dinner and drink tab. That money would have no effect on him. I wonder how he would like a year in prison? Bet he would spend it writing a book, probably on a fat advance.
For what? Delaying a witch hunt?

after reading the article, it could have easily been titled Judge rejects the Xiden admin’s attempt to rush the case throw. Sounds like the Judge rejected that, and made clear he doesn’t have enough before him from the dems to decide

why is the xiden admin trying to rush this through?

For what? Delaying a witch hunt?
For contempt of congress. We don't have a federal witch hunt statute on the books, so they are prosecuting for what is against the laws of our country, and he will be convicted guilty. The question is how much time he gets to spend behind bars, but we know it can't be more than a year.

For contempt of congress. We don't have a federal witch hunt statute on the books, so they are prosecuting for what is against the laws of our country, and he will be convicted guilty. The question is how much time he gets to spend behind bars, but we know it can't be more than a year.
They are using our laws to persecute certain people. That is a fact.

It’s nonetheless important that Bannon suffer the consequences of his lawless contempt for the American people and our democratic institutions.

A Year in jail and a $100,000.00 fine.

Per incidence.

That's per charge.

He's facing 2 charges.

If found guilty of both charges he can go to prison for up to 2 years and pay up to 2 grand.

We will have to see what happens.

That's per charge.

He's facing 2 charges.

If found guilty of both charges he can go to prison for up to 2 years and pay up to 2 grand.

What would possibly justify that kind of sentence? Oh yeah, pissing off the people in power. Fascists.

Pearl Harbor Day....perfect.

That's per charge.

He's facing 2 charges.

I don't seem him getting more than a year. Probably guilty on both charges, likely paying two grand in fine$, but I figure any time would probably run together, unless he Fks with the judge. Then all bets would be off.

Forum List

Back