Judge throws out Illinois village's assault weapons ban

If there is anyplace in America where you need a gun for defense its Chicago....

Ohh, ouch !

HICAGO - A Lake County Circuit Court judge ruled Friday that the village of Deerfield, Ill., overstepped its authority last year when it enacted a ban on assault weapons five years after the state legislature declared such regulations the exclusive power of the state.

Deerfield is full of idiots that type. About 5 or more years ago, the rest of the country learned that you can't call it an Assault Rifle and it is constitutional. The definition for Assault Rifle takes in quite a few conventional semi auto rifles as well as the AR. The ones that have stuck and been supported in court have all been worded, "AR-15 and various clones". No description necessary. Straight to the point and specific. The Morons made the same mistakes others did that go their laws bounced and they had to rewrite them and defend them in the courts again but the second time, they were successful. I wonder if they have rubber bumpers on their streets.

Ohh, ouch !

HICAGO - A Lake County Circuit Court judge ruled Friday that the village of Deerfield, Ill., overstepped its authority last year when it enacted a ban on assault weapons five years after the state legislature declared such regulations the exclusive power of the state.

Deerfield is full of idiots that type. About 5 or more years ago, the rest of the country learned that you can't call it an Assault Rifle and it is constitutional. The definition for Assault Rifle takes in quite a few conventional semi auto rifles as well as the AR. The ones that have stuck and been supported in court have all been worded, "AR-15 and various clones". No description necessary. Straight to the point and specific. The Morons made the same mistakes others did that go their laws bounced and they had to rewrite them and defend them in the courts again but the second time, they were successful. I wonder if they have rubber bumpers on their streets.

You don't know what you are talking about......the issue is that local governments can't enact their own gun control laws, that is reserved to the state government. The bans that have stuck have only stuck because the Supreme Court had a 4-4 split with Kennedy being an unknown on gun issues. The lower courts ignored the rulings in Heller, Caetano, Miller and McDonald, and Scalia's explanation of Heller in Friedman.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

Ohh, ouch !

You don't know what you are talking about......the issue is that local governments can't enact their own gun control laws, that is reserved to the state government. The bans that have stuck have only stuck because the Supreme Court had a 4-4 split with Kennedy being an unknown on gun issues. The lower courts ignored the rulings in Heller, Caetano, Miller and McDonald, and Scalia's explanation of Heller in Friedman.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

Wow, you get another award for being a fruitcake. It's not so because you say it is. Your handlers are just making shit up therefore, you are just parroting what they are saying. Stop and think. Use that grey matter for something other than to hold your MAGA hat up. You just won another bronze oak leaf cluster
upload_2019-3-23_6-5-41.png
upload_2019-3-23_6-5-45.png
upload_2019-3-23_6-5-49.png

Ohh, ouch !

Ban something because of cosmetics is moronic. The AR is not an "assault" weapon.

Ohh, ouch !

Actually, to be classified as an assault weapon it must have the option to fire fully automatically. The semi-auto part of the definition was added later by people wanting to ban scary black rifles.

Ohh, ouch !

Ban something because of cosmetics is moronic. The AR is not an "assault" weapon.

If it were due to cosmetics, the AR would be sexy and beautiful. It's not. Due to it's features, it looks like it does. Due to it's intent, it looks like it does. Due to it's engineering purpose it looks like it does. You want cosmetics, buy something with wood inlays or exotic woods. And funny, the Cops call it an Assault Rifle and almost every inner city cop car has one in the trunk. But I don't like the term Assault Rifle. That's too general. The AR was designed for war by Stoner.

It was not designed for a sporting gun unless you are being attacked by a whole gaggle of Rabid Gophers armed with AK-47s and a Flame Thrower. Or maybe you are being attacked by a bunch of unarmed school children, movie watchers or such. Then it might be mistaken for a Sporting Rifle.

Ohh, ouch !

Actually, to be classified as an assault weapon it must have the option to fire fully automatically. The semi-auto part of the definition was added later by people wanting to ban scary black rifles.

And whom made that classification definition? The Cops call theirs Assault Rifles. They use the LE6920 which is essentially an upscaled AR-15 model 750 short version. These are NOT full auto. In fact, using your definition, the M-16A-3 and 4 and the M-4 wouldn't qualify as an assault rifle because they only have a 3 shot burst which has proven to be totally worthless over the single pull setting.

I don't know where you people are getting your information from but you really do need to find a new source.

Ohh, ouch !

If it were due to cosmetics, the AR would be sexy and beautiful. It's not. Due to it's features, it looks like it does. Due to it's intent, it looks like it does. Due to it's engineering purpose it looks like it does. You want cosmetics, buy something with wood inlays or exotic woods. And funny, the Cops call it an Assault Rifle and almost every inner city cop car has one in the trunk. But I don't like the term Assault Rifle. That's too general. The AR was designed for war by Stoner.

It was not designed for a sporting gun unless you are being attacked by a whole gaggle of Rabid Gophers armed with AK-47s and a Flame Thrower. Or maybe you are being attacked by a bunch of unarmed school children, movie watchers or such. Then it might be mistaken for a Sporting Rifle.
The AR does not have selective fire, is not an automatic and functions like most semi-auto hunting rifles. I don't give a fuck what the cops call it. It is not an "assault" rifle that is a term used by morons trying to make them scary to the uniformed sheep. I've owned firearms for over 40 years, served in the Military and fired everything from a.22 to a M2 machine gun I have some experience with the subject, more than most cops.

Ohh, ouch !

The AR does not have selective fire, is not an automatic and functions like most semi-auto hunting rifles. I don't give a fuck what the cops call it. It is not an "assault" rifle that is a term used by morons trying to make them scary to the uniformed sheep. I've owned firearms for over 40 years, served in the Military and fired everything from a.22 to a M2 machine gun I have some experience with the subject, more than most cops.

Then you should know better. I note that you may or may not have served. Fine. I'll give you that claim. But like many you really need to listen to the Old Hands. We have the knowledge and keep your candy ass alive. By just serving, it doesn't mean a thing. Anyone can do that. There are a few of us that have written our asses off and stepped into the fray. And I can tell you that I am just as deadly with an AR-15 as I am with a M-4 in a firefight. If you put the selector to anything other than single fire, you are going to run out of ammo real fast and what's left of your buddies will carry your body home in a bag. I can't even go to a funeral anymore. I can't even go near a body bag. Seen too many of them already. Friends and Warrior Brothers.

Yes, I have PTSD but I deal with it every day like many do. We don't need to be packing on the streets to feel like a man. We know what it feels like to be alive, really alive. And I know the real purpose of the AR-15. You Rexall Rangers just wanna play war. Enlist, go for 11B and go play your war. I am sure there is a war somewhere out there with your name on it. And I am sure that there is an old hand that will kick your butt until you become a Warrior. And killing and dying isn't the only things a Warrior does. I don't expect you to understand that. So you earned an award.
upload_2019-3-23_14-58-38.jpeg

Then you should know better. I note that you may or may not have served. Fine. I'll give you that claim. But like many you really need to listen to the Old Hands. We have the knowledge and keep your candy ass alive. By just serving, it doesn't mean a thing. Anyone can do that. There are a few of us that have written our asses off and stepped into the fray. And I can tell you that I am just as deadly with an AR-15 as I am with a M-4 in a firefight. If you put the selector to anything other than single fire, you are going to run out of ammo real fast and what's left of your buddies will carry your body home in a bag. I can't even go to a funeral anymore. I can't even go near a body bag. Seen too many of them already. Friends and Warrior Brothers.

Yes, I have PTSD but I deal with it every day like many do. We don't need to be packing on the streets to feel like a man. We know what it feels like to be alive, really alive. And I know the real purpose of the AR-15. You Rexall Rangers just wanna play war. Enlist, go for 11B and go play your war. I am sure there is a war somewhere out there with your name on it. And I am sure that there is an old hand that will kick your butt until you become a Warrior. And killing and dying isn't the only things a Warrior does. I don't expect you to understand that. So you earned an award.
View attachment 251848
Daryl is off his meds again....

Ohh, ouch !

And whom made that classification definition? The Cops call theirs Assault Rifles. They use the LE6920 which is essentially an upscaled AR-15 model 750 short version. These are NOT full auto. In fact, using your definition, the M-16A-3 and 4 and the M-4 wouldn't qualify as an assault rifle because they only have a 3 shot burst which has proven to be totally worthless over the single pull setting.

I don't know where you people are getting your information from but you really do need to find a new source.

assault rifle | Definition, Examples, Facts, & History

View attachment 251848
Daryl is off his meds again....

You keep telling me what's inside my head. And I keep telling you that you have no idea. But if you want to peer into my mind, you are welcome. You won't sleep so good either after that.

Ohh, ouch !

From your own cite.

Because they are light and portable yet still able to deliver a high volume of fire with reasonable accuracy at modern combat ranges of 1,000–1,600 feet (300–500 metres), assault rifles have

Then they show a picture of a AR type rifle that is supposed to be either a M-16 or M-4.

107582-004-E80F0AA2.jpg

Using that as a cite tells me that you know even less than the author of the article. The first thing that is wrong is the range. 500 meters is about 550 yards. Hate to break it to you but the 556 Nato Round just ain't got the power for that range nor the bullet weight. And as stubby as it is, well, physics gets in the way for a good aim point. It does start out with 300 meters. Yes, the 556 Nato can do that range if you are very, very calm and practiced. Okay, take your time, line up your shot, breath deeply, let out half your air and hold it then......wait, they are shooting at me, forget all that crap and just start shooting back as fast as you can and let the M-240, the M-2 and M-24 do the long shots.

The Author is no where near an authority. He's a writer who listens to people like you and presents it like it was a fact.

Each time the story is told, it will change a bit each time until some hack presents it as documented proof. Once you find the holes in his article that quickly the rest is suspect at best.

From your own cite.

Because they are light and portable yet still able to deliver a high volume of fire with reasonable accuracy at modern combat ranges of 1,000–1,600 feet (300–500 metres), assault rifles have

Then they show a picture of a AR type rifle that is supposed to be either a M-16 or M-4.

107582-004-E80F0AA2.jpg

Using that as a cite tells me that you know even less than the author of the article. The first thing that is wrong is the range. 500 meters is about 550 yards. Hate to break it to you but the 556 Nato Round just ain't got the power for that range nor the bullet weight. And as stubby as it is, well, physics gets in the way for a good aim point. It does start out with 300 meters. Yes, the 556 Nato can do that range if you are very, very calm and practiced. Okay, take your time, line up your shot, breath deeply, let out half your air and hold it then......wait, they are shooting at me, forget all that crap and just start shooting back as fast as you can and let the M-240, the M-2 and M-24 do the long shots.

The Author is no where near an authority. He's a writer who listens to people like you and presents it like it was a fact.

Each time the story is told, it will change a bit each time until some hack presents it as documented proof. Once you find the holes in his article that quickly the rest is suspect at best.

You left out the select fire feature.

From your own cite.

107582-004-E80F0AA2.jpg

You left out the select fire feature.

The Author stated that it was a full auto fire weapon. Neither the M-4A-4 or the M-16A-4 which all previous models have been upgraded to those specs have no full auto features anymore. They have 3 settings. Safe, single and 3 shot burst. Take it from an old hand, you are better off using the single rather than the 3 shot burst. You will be on target more, waste less ammo and actually put more hits on the target lethaly. Your first shot will probably be on target but your 2 shot will be a bit off and your 3rd shot will be wide. And you have to ride it out for those 3 shots and bring your aim point back on center. Or you can fire almost as fast with a single trigger pull and be on target every time if you are experienced enough. Better to waste the ammo into the enemy than on the background, don't you think?

The author is making some of the same mistakes as the gunnutters in here are. And, again, what the devil is an Assault Rifle anyway? Is that the gun that walks up to you and threats to punch you in the face but stops short? I would think it would be better to call it a Battery Rifle since Assault is the threat while Battery is the act. Maybe we should ban all the assault rifles. They may be on the streets scaring the crap out of everyone by threatening everyone. Who knows, any assault rifle can become a battery rifle. But if all the Assault Rifle is doing is mouthing off there are no laws against that, are there?

Forum List

Back