Judges and prosecutors, they are why we have gun crime..released this felon who killed 2 more people

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Guns are not the problem.....prosecutors and judges who do not lock up gun criminals are the problem.
Time after time we see convicted felons, sent to prison on gun charges, and out on the street in less than 3 years, and out in under 2, and they use a gun, again, to murder people.

Guns are not the problem.....judges and prosecutors who do not lock up gun criminals for a long time are the problem.....

Suspected Killer, a Convicted Felon on Probation, on the run in FL

Authorities in Palmetto, Florida say 25-year old Devin Chandler walked into the Snappy Kwick Store on 17th Street West early Monday morning and gunned down store employees and brothers Khasem Yosuef, 23, and Faares Yousef, 17. Surveillance video shows Chandler entering the store, picking up a few items, and proceeding to the counter where he shot the young men execution style before fleeing the scene. He is still on the run and may be driving a blue 2000-2005 blue Chevrolet Impala.

The brothers are not usual employees of the store, but were filling in as a favor to their father who owns the establishment so that store employees could have the Labor Day holiday off. ‘I feel really bad. I saw them yesterday in Tampa. I just can’t believe that,’ the brothers’ cousin Omar Suleiman told WFLA in a highly emotional interview on Monday. ‘They don’t work here usually, but they worked here today.’

“The individual went into the store. The two employees who were killed were at the front counter. He just point-blank walked up and shot them, just shot them in the head,” says Chief Scott Tyler who also confirmed they were able to identify Devin Chandler as the shooter from surveillance video in the store.

Chandler is a convicted felon who was released from prison in September 2011, after serving less than two years on a three-year sentence for attempted armed robbery with a weapon.

According to court records, Chandler walked into a convenience store in Bradenton with a handgun, jumped over the counter and demanded money from the store clerk. The robbery was interrupted by the clerk’s co-worker and Chandler tried to run away, but the clerk held Chandler by his shirt and fought him until police arrived.

He is currently still on probation and his last known residence is approximately three blocks from the convenience store at the center of Monday’s double murder.

Okay.....

He is a convicted, violent felon sent to prison on a gun charge.......

Tell me...how did he get his gun?

He is not legally allowed to even touch a gun, let alone own and carry one.....

So tell me anti gun extremists.......would he have had to get a license for that gun? Would he have had to register that gun? ( actually, the Supreme Court has already ruled that felons do not have to register their guns due to the 5th amendment right against self incrimination).

Last edited:
Okay.....

So tell me anti gun extremists.......would he have had to get a license for that gun? Would he have had to register that gun? ( actually, the Supreme Court has already ruled that felons do not have to register their guns due to the 5th amendment right against self incrimination).

Okay, you've convinced me, we need to confiscate all privately held guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

Oh, wait, that's not what you were going

Okay.....

Okay, you've convinced me, we need to confiscate all privately held guns to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

Oh, wait, that's not what you were going

Wow...you are stupid........we need to lock up gun criminals for longer than 18 months.......that is how you stop gun crime...lock up the ones you catch for so long, it discourages the others....

Guns are not the problem.....prosecutors and judges who do not lock up gun criminals are the problem.
Time after time we see convicted felons, sent to prison on gun charges, and out on the street in less than 3 years, and out in under 2, and they use a gun, again, to murder people.

Guns are not the problem.....judges and prosecutors who do not lock up gun criminals for a long time are the problem.....

Suspected Killer, a Convicted Felon on Probation, on the run in FL

Authorities in Palmetto, Florida say 25-year old Devin Chandler walked into the Snappy Kwick Store on 17th Street West early Monday morning and gunned down store employees and brothers Khasem Yosuef, 23, and Faares Yousef, 17. Surveillance video shows Chandler entering the store, picking up a few items, and proceeding to the counter where he shot the young men execution style before fleeing the scene. He is still on the run and may be driving a blue 2000-2005 blue Chevrolet Impala.

The brothers are not usual employees of the store, but were filling in as a favor to their father who owns the establishment so that store employees could have the Labor Day holiday off. ‘I feel really bad. I saw them yesterday in Tampa. I just can’t believe that,’ the brothers’ cousin Omar Suleiman told WFLA in a highly emotional interview on Monday. ‘They don’t work here usually, but they worked here today.’

“The individual went into the store. The two employees who were killed were at the front counter. He just point-blank walked up and shot them, just shot them in the head,” says Chief Scott Tyler who also confirmed they were able to identify Devin Chandler as the shooter from surveillance video in the store.

Chandler is a convicted felon who was released from prison in September 2011, after serving less than two years on a three-year sentence for attempted armed robbery with a weapon.

According to court records, Chandler walked into a convenience store in Bradenton with a handgun, jumped over the counter and demanded money from the store clerk. The robbery was interrupted by the clerk’s co-worker and Chandler tried to run away, but the clerk held Chandler by his shirt and fought him until police arrived.

He is currently still on probation and his last known residence is approximately three blocks from the convenience store at the center of Monday’s double murder.

Okay.....

Our justice system is a joke. Anyone who is convicted of armed robbery should go to jail for life or better yet just be hanged to save taxpayer dollars.

Wow...you are stupid........we need to lock up gun criminals for longer than 18 months.......that is how you stop gun crime...lock up the ones you catch for so long, it discourages the others....

Again - we lock up 2 million people and we have 300 million guns. If guns and prisons made us safe, we'd have the lowest crime rates in the Industrialized world, not the highest.

Germany only locks up 78,000 and guns are difficult to get. They only have 258 gun murders a year compared to our 11,000.

Japan locks up only 69,000 and guns are IMPOSSIBLE to get. They only have 11 gun murders a year.

Again - we lock up 2 million people and we have 300 million guns. If guns and prisons made us safe, we'd have the lowest crime rates in the Industrialized world, not the highest.

Germany only locks up 78,000 and guns are difficult to get. They only have 258 gun murders a year compared to our 11,000.

Japan locks up only 69,000 and guns are IMPOSSIBLE to get. They only have 11 gun murders a year.

Their gun criminals get guns easily....Japan has a police state that can search you and your house whenever they want.......

What don't you get moron. This latest guy, convicted of armed robbery, got only 3 years and was out in under 2 years.......we are not locking up our gun criminals......

Their gun criminals get guns easily....Japan has a police state that can search you and your house whenever they want.......

So. Sounds like they've got a handle on the problem and we don't.

What don't you get moron. This latest guy, convicted of armed robbery, got only 3 years and was out in under 2 years.......we are not locking up our gun criminals......

Okay, guy, here's the thing. Most gun murders aren't "Criminals", they are dumb-ass people who shouldn't have guns to start with.

this latest guy served 70% of his sentence, I don't see a problem here. The fact he was able to get a gun despite being a felon was a problem.

We could also discuss how our system doesn't prepare people for life on the outside or how it's next to impossible for an ex-con to find honest work after he's paid his debt to society, but one problem at a time.

Okay, guy, here's the thing. Most gun murders aren't "Criminals", they are dumb-ass people who shouldn't have guns to start with.

this latest guy served 70% of his sentence, I don't see a problem here. The fact he was able to get a gun despite being a felon was a problem.

We could also discuss how our system doesn't prepare people for life on the outside or how it's next to impossible for an ex-con to find honest work after he's paid his debt to society, but one problem at a time.
Let's not try firearms related felonies for starters.

No, most gun murderers in the United States are career criminals and the others are mostly people with very violent backgrounds, they are not normal people who just lose it one day.

The problem is that 3 years for a gun crime when they serve less than 2 is not a deterrent…they should go away for 10 and if they use a standard capacity magazine, they should get another 10.

No, most gun murderers in the United States are career criminals and the others are mostly people with very violent backgrounds, they are not normal people who just lose it one day.

No, they aren't. Of course, since the NRA keeps us from studying gun violence, I guess you can claim whatever shit you want.

Forum List

Back