🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Julianne Moore and Ellen Page's Lesbian Drama Barred From Shooting at Catholic School

Totally within their rights. Next.

How is this within their rights, and the baker/minister can be forced to do things against their will?
Because the private school is not a public accommodation. They are not generally open to commercial filming and can give or withhold permission for whatever reason.

bakers under contract and ministries are not public accommodations either.

Not true. Bakers own and operate a public business and must follow their respective state laws that deal with public accommodation. Being a minster and owning a public doesn't absolve you from following public accommodation laws. I am sure you are referring to the Hitching Post case which isn't a church and is a for profit business. They are nothing more then a hall rental location which happens to owned by a minster. Being a minster isn't an excuse for breaking the law.

There shouldn't be a law like that in the first place. Not everything is a public accommodation, but you guys sure as hell want everything to be. Lets you be nice little government jackbooted stooges.

I am down with getting ready of Public Accommodation laws almost entirely. With the exception of hotels, transportation services, gas stations, hospitals, and other business that provide a vital service. Filming locations, wedding halls, and bakeries are not vital business services. I think it is time to scrap PA laws. Let these businesses shout from the rooftops which segments of society they will or won't serve. Let the free market decide if they are worthy of our business. If their business fails as a result then they will have no one to blame but themselves.

How is this within their rights, and the baker/minister can be forced to do things against their will?
Because the private school is not a public accommodation. They are not generally open to commercial filming and can give or withhold permission for whatever reason.

bakers under contract and ministries are not public accommodations either.

Not true. Bakers own and operate a public business and must follow their respective state laws that deal with public accommodation. Being a minster and owning a public doesn't absolve you from following public accommodation laws. I am sure you are referring to the Hitching Post case which isn't a church and is a for profit business. They are nothing more then a hall rental location which happens to owned by a minster. Being a minster isn't an excuse for breaking the law.

There shouldn't be a law like that in the first place. Not everything is a public accommodation, but you guys sure as hell want everything to be. Lets you be nice little government jackbooted stooges.

I am down with getting ready of Public Accommodation laws almost entirely. With the exception of hotels, transportation services, gas stations, hospitals, and other business that provide a vital service. Filming locations, wedding halls, and bakeries are not vital business services. I think it is time to scrap PA laws. Let these businesses shout from the rooftops which segments of society they will or won't serve. Let the free market decide if they are worthy of our business. If their business fails as a result then they will have no one to blame but themselves.
But you have to admit, just like civil marriage laws, how people ONLY seem to have problems with such laws after gays are involved.

But you have to admit, just like civil marriage laws, how people ONLY seem to have problems with such laws after gays are involved.
What I also don't get is why, when the objection to providing service to homosexuals is that it's a sin, and therefore against their principles....why is that the ONLY type of sinners they object to serving?

So should the school be forced to bake a cake? They let other films to be made at the school.

Julianne Moore and Ellen Page s Lesbian Drama Barred From Shooting at Catholic School

As first reported by BuzzFeed, a location manager had picked out Salesian High School in New Rochelle, New York, for a key scene in the fact-based movie, based on the 2007 documentary of the same name.

If it's an actual school and not a movie set they can pick and choose as they like.

Forum List

Back