JUST IN: Court Smacks Down Jack Smith’s Desperate Attempt To Save Trump Case

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Smith wanted a fast track (again).

The 11th Circuit says, no.

If Merrick Garland had a shred of decency remaining in him, he would order both Federal causes of action against Donald Trump to be dropped.

Politico reported that Smith’s bid to revive the case is on life support after the 11th Circuit Appeals Court announced it would give both sides until mid-October to submit briefs for a case that is now certain to remain unresolved before the November election. The announcement comes less than a month after Judge Cannon ruled that federal law is ambiguous about whether Smith, a Justice Department representative, was properly appointed by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland. After all filings are in, the appeals court would hear oral arguments, with a decision expected weeks or months later.

If Merrick Garland had a shred of decency remaining in him, he would order both Federal causes of action against Donald Trump to be dropped.

Politico reported that Smith’s bid to revive the case is on life support after the 11th Circuit Appeals Court announced it would give both sides until mid-October to submit briefs for a case that is now certain to remain unresolved before the November election. The announcement comes less than a month after Judge Cannon ruled that federal law is ambiguous about whether Smith, a Justice Department representative, was properly appointed by U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland. After all filings are in, the appeals court would hear oral arguments, with a decision expected weeks or months later.

Fake False Thread Title.

Appeals court timeline suggests months more of delay for Jack Smith’s documents case against Trump​

The special counsel is appealing the dismissal of the case — but the appeal likely won’t be resolved until long after Election Day.

talk about "rigged."

this case should have been filed in dc, where the espionage occurred, not in that kangaroo courthouse in ft myers. i'm sure that smith, or his properly accredited successor , will rectify that situation.

garland has slow walked this since the beginning, and will not last long in the harris admin.

"Unfortunately, this seems to be another bad ruling by a bad judge, and I wouldn't be surprised if her order is overturned by the 11th Circuit, which would be her third reversal in the Trump case," he said.

"Even in the unlikely event that the 11th Circuit affirms, that would create a circuit split, and the Supreme Court would likely hear the case," Rahmani continued.

He said that Justice Clarence Thomas is the only Supreme Court justice who seems persuaded by the type of "fringe legal argument" Cannon has articulated.

Fake False Thread Title.

Appeals court timeline suggests months more of delay for Jack Smith’s documents case against Trump​

The special counsel is appealing the dismissal of the case — but the appeal likely won’t be resolved until long after Election Day.
Amsterdam has an extradition treaty with the US.

I tell ya what: If I saw Jack Smith get his neck stretched publicly, I'd consider that justice.

Fake False Thread Title.

Why is election day so important to Jack Smith? I thought this was crime-fighting, you know "no one is above the law."

It’s not Smith’s fault that Cannon keeps ignoring precedent to help out dear leader.

How Aileen Cannon's Donald Trump Ruling Can be Reversed​

Published Jul 16, 2024

On Monday night, the Department of Justice rapidly authorized Smith to appeal the decision to the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals.

Carl Tobias, a law professor at the University of Richmond in Virginia, said that Smith can either file his 11th circuit appeal or he may appeal directly to the Supreme Court.

"Smith will probably rapidly appeal to the 11th Circuit and may attempt a direct appeal to the Supreme Court."

"The appeal will take a few months to have briefs and arguments in the 11th Circuit and then the loser will appeal to the Supreme Court," Tobias said.

Tobias added that if Cannon is reversed and Trump loses the election, President Joe Biden would be in a good position to decide whether to continue with the classified documents case.

That seems to be the main thing you're concerned about.

If a fair trial requires a delay, why would you oppose that?

Oh, wait . . .
There are legitimate reasons to delay trials. Trump has a history in courts.

Trump is merely trying to stymie justice. Damn convicted felon and sexual predator. But it's okay. Prosecutor Kamala is coming for him.

Trump is a convicted felon.

Harris is a former prosecutor.

The prosecutor vs the sex abuser/convicted felon:

"I prosecuted sex predators. Trump is one."

"I shut down for-profit scam colleges. He ran one."

" I held big banks accountable. He's owned by them."

" I'm not just prepared to take on Trump, I'm prepared to beat him." -

Kamala Harris

Has Smith ever won a major case that wasn't overturned?

Where did they get that clown anyway?.....I know they plucked him from private employment in the EU someplace.
Judge Cannon is new to her job.

Smith? Look at his complete resume.

Eat it trollboi. Eat it. Trump fears Smith so much...

He's behind me.jpg

Forum List

Back