Just look at that turn!

You're loss.

Talk about an air brake! Look at the consensation in the pressure drop. Those are some good wings. The plane comes to a near stop. I'm not sure how the damn thing doesn't drop out of the sky. Must have something to do with the temporary lift afforded the extreme low pressure created over the wings causing the air below the wing to push up trying to fill the void.

Talk about an air brake! Look at the consensation in the pressure drop. Those are some good wings. The plane comes to a near stop. I'm not sure how the damn thing doesn't drop out of the sky. Must have something to do with the temporary lift afforded the extreme low pressure created over the wings causing the air below the wing to push up trying to fill the void.
I'm not sure of the dynamics of this, but this isn't the first time I've seen that plane do a damn near mid-air stop and turn.

The physics are mind-blowing.

I guess the real question is, just how many G's is the pilot pulling on a maneuver like that?

And on top of that, the plane accelerates out of the turn while climbing.

I'm not sure of the dynamics of this, but this isn't the first time I've seen that plane do a damn near mid-air stop and turn.
The physics are mind-blowing. I guess the real question is, just how many G's is the pilot pulling on a maneuver like that?
I guess the good thing is that as the pilot goes into the turn, maximum Gs would be applied downward below him towards his feet so I would assume that would be easier to take than Gs applied any other direction as the body is most used to feeling gravity that way.

And on top of that, the plane accelerates out of the turn while climbing.
Well, the plane must throw itself around to use its wings flat at a tangent to the direction of flight to literally drag itself to a stop like your hand slapping water, but must time it to initiate the turn in the process first so that by the time the jet has nearly stopped, it is turned around in the new direction enough to begin applying thrust in the new vector so to keep it from falling out of the air but not too soon to cause it not to stall out from the original flight path. Pretty tricky. One mistake and you're falling out of the sky. Nice if you can pull it off.

Ah, the wonders of computer control.

Forum List

Back