Justices Indicate Shadow-Bias: Gay Marriage Question Erodes Last Bastion of Impariality?

Should the laws of the separate states be preserved before the question is Heard?

• Yes, shadow "Decisions" by refusing stays erodes my faith in the justice system & state sovereignty.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No, it's inevitable; the Court is just letting the public know what it has in mind. No biggie.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I've already given up on the justice system in America.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Only Thomas and Scalia objecting? I think this gives us an idea of how the vote is going to go when the case is heard by SCOTUS.

No it doesn't. The SCOTUS denied the request to extend the stay. That is all. It says nothing about the merits of the case. It is strictly a decision on the merits on the the request to extend a stay. Alabama has an appeal on the merits of the case pending with the 11th Circuit. Whether the state is entitled to a stay of the district court's injunction is a legal matter entirely separate than the merits of the appeal.
The stays have been pled on preserving the status quo and rights of states to self-govern on the question of gay marriage: citing Windsor.

Alas, the Alabama ruling was on the basis of the violation of constitutional guarantees. And the Windsor decision explicitly said that State marriage laws were subject to those very constitutional guarantees.

"Subject to certain constitutional guarantees, see, e.g., Loving v. Virginia, 388 U. S. 1, “regulation of domestic relations” is “an area that has long been regarded as a virtually exclusive province of the States,” Sosna v. Iowa, 419 U. S. 393.

Windsor v. US

And no where does Windsor say that state marriage laws can violate constitutional guarantees. Meaning that the WIndsor ruling gives the State no basis for a stay of a ruling that found violation of those guarantees. Thus, the court had to assess the likelihood that the State of Alabama would be successful in its argument that constitutional guarantees WEREN'T violated by state gay marriage bans.

And court found no credible indication of this. Thus, they denied the stay. As they should have.

And all other manner of serious and compelling concerns to the states affected by forced-attrition of their laws. The public has been watching this parade with a keen eye, seeing one good argument of theirs after another shot down by SCOTUS' majority.

Actually, their arguments have been shit. Which is why they've lost. Not just in the SCOTUS majority. But in virtually every federal court to hear the issue. Last time I checked, the record of gay marriage advocates was 2 to 44. That doesn't denote a 'good argument'. But absolute garbage.

In other words as Thomas said, the Court is telling the public "no matter what you plead on this case, we're going to find in favor of the LGBT cult".

Thomas said that the refusal to grant the stay may be an indication of how court will rule.

All that 'cult' and 'no matter what' bullshit was just you making nonsense up. As you increasingly do the closer we get to June.

Just like thomas recused himself in the 2000 election dispute because his wife was working for an organization that was gathering resumes for appointment positions for the bush boy's administration.

Oh wait, he didn't recuse himself on that one either. Never mind.

Well it could be that the Justices are growing increasingly aware of how important it is to national security and their job description to measure things fairly?

National security? Is this where you go down the panty shitting path of 'nuclear meltdowns' and 'the collapse of world civilization' if we don't do what you say.....as you did with your Ebola hysterics?

Applying extra layers of eye liner to run down your cheeks when you flip out doesn't exactly bode well for the factual veracity and logical nature of your argument.

Well it could be that the Justices are growing increasingly aware of how important it is to national security and their job description to measure things fairly?

National security? Is this where you go down the panty shitting path of 'nuclear meltdowns' and 'the collapse of world civilization' if we don't do what you say.....as you did with your Ebola hysterics?

Applying extra layers of eye liner to run down your cheeks when you flip out doesn't exactly bode well for the factual veracity and logical nature of your argument.

How the public perceives the Highest Office of the judicial isn't a nuclear meltdown. It could be a social one though...slower moving but equally insidious over time..

How the public perceives the Highest Office of the judicial isn't a nuclear meltdown. It could be a social one though...slower moving but equally insidious over time..

But you aren't the public, Sil. You base your perception of the court on its agreement with you. And the court doesn't agree with you. So no matter what, you're going to completely flip out, shit your panties, and start babbling about 'fascism', 'tyranny', 'coups', and the end of civilization.

You're quite the drama queen.

But you aren't the public, Sil. You base your perception of the court on its agreement with you.

Look at the poll Bucko...

And this one: Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 748 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You are you okay? Because that straw poll you just cited doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage.

This scientific poll does;

Same-Sex Marriage Support Reaches New High at 55%

Nearly eight in 10 young adults favor gay marriage

Same-Sex Marriage Support Reaches New High at 55

And yet in another stunning example of desperate, willful ignorance, you insist that the Gallup poll is made up.

Shrugs.....you're just in denial. And its going to get worse for you as the cognitive dissonance continues to rise. As your imagination and reality have very little to do with each other.

that straw poll you just cited doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage...This scientific poll does;

It's weird I know, how the USMB poll shows 82% wanting limits to gay marriage and yours showing only 45%. Huge margin of error between the two. Maybe that's why states keep voting down gay marriage and LGBTs are leery about placing it on any state ballot....wanting the fed to force it on the unwilling...er...I mean "majority supporting" Public instead.. :popcorn:

It's weird I know, how the USMB poll shows 82% wanting limits to gay marriage and yours showing only 45%.

Your straw poll doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage. Making all the other babble you posted irrelevant.

Only Thomas and Scalia objecting? I think this gives us an idea of how the vote is going to go when the case is heard by SCOTUS.

No it doesn't. The SCOTUS denied the request to extend the stay. That is all. It says nothing about the merits of the case. It is strictly a decision on the merits on the the request to extend a stay. Alabama has an appeal on the merits of the case pending with the 11th Circuit. Whether the state is entitled to a stay of the district court's injunction is a legal matter entirely separate than the merits of the appeal.
Theoretically, you're correct but gay marriage decisions have always been decided on what judges believe, then justified legally.

that straw poll you just cited doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage...This scientific poll does;

It's weird I know, how the USMB poll shows

something completely different than what you keep claiming it does.

That is weird.

Yet the far left drones are still trying to push that being "gay" is a race..

That is what is really weird..

Theoretically, you're correct but gay marriage decisions have always been decided on what judges believe, then justified legally.

:link:

That is weird.

This is classic cognitive dissonance, with Silo relieving it with naked denial and blind imagination. At this point, I don't know if he can even perceive that the strawpoll he cited doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage.

He's that far gone.

That is weird.

This is classic cognitive dissonance, with Silo relieving it with naked denial and blind imagination. At this point, I don't know if he can even perceive that the strawpoll he cited doesn't ask about the legality of gay marriage.

He's that far gone.

Oh look another far left drone posts that has zero information in it..

That is weird.

He's that far gone.

Oh I am quite certain that Silhouette would be diagnosed with some sort of mental condition if ever examined.

That is weird.

He's that far gone.

Oh I am quite certain that Silhouette would be diagnosed with some sort of mental condition if ever examined.

Look another far left drone post devoid of any real information..

But then again what do expect from these drones that push being "gay" as a race..

We'll see around June.

Say it with me;

....."inevitable".

Only one thing that is inevitable, death. If it lives death will overtake it.

Laughing....so you know better than Justice Scalia, huh? Good luck with that.

Two justices should recuse themselves because they have officiated same sex marriages, if they do the proper thing, I'm not sure you will like the resulting 4-3 decision.
Just post that you hate gay Americans and leave it at that.

You'll at least be honest and will stop looking ridiculous.

I don't hate anyone, except activist that try to make victims where none exist. Gays have been afforded every right that every other man or woman has. But that's not good enough, they want to be treated special. When a chosen lifestyle is the determinate factor for constitutional rights, where does it stop, what is the next "victim class" to demand special treatment?

We'll see around June.

Say it with me;

....."inevitable".

Two justices should recuse themselves because they have officiated same sex marriages, if they do the proper thing, I'm not sure you will like the resulting 4-3 decision.

Justices who officiated straight weddings. They should recuse themselves. It's the proper thing to do.

I'll buy that, so now Kagan, Ginsberg, Thomas and Sotomayor can sit this one out.

It's weird I know, how the USMB poll shows 82% wanting limits to gay marriage and yours showing only 45%. Huge margin of error between the two. Maybe that's why states keep voting down gay marriage and LGBTs are leery about placing it on any state ballot....wanting the fed to force it on the unwilling...er...I mean "majority supporting" Public instead.. :popcorn:
The South (48%) is the only region where same-sex marriage support falls below the 50% mark. A strong majority of the states today would vote for same sex marriage.
wrxpcq24xkamz-yrqem9na.png

If the national trend toward acceptance of gay marriage continues, it would be approved by all states in a few years, even in the South.
y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

Say it with me;

....."inevitable".

Justices who officiated straight weddings. They should recuse themselves. It's the proper thing to do.

I'll buy that, so now Kagan, Ginsberg, Thomas and Sotomayor can sit this one out.
Scalia officiaated a wedding in 2007. So he's out too...per your standards anyway.

Now here's a question. If officiating a wedding was enough to get a person recused, then certainly being PART of a wedding would be much worse. Wouldn't entering into a traditional marriage demonstrate a bias toward traditional marriage? I mean, if Kagan were to say get married to another woman, surely you'd cry foul.

Forum List

Back