Kerry and Russia agree on framework of Syrian deal on chemical weapons!

U.S., Russia agree to framework on Syria chemical weapons - CNN.com

Bravo Secretary Kerry!

It is sad that it took so much effort to get a deal such as this AFTER they were used. It all points back to the total fabrication and lie that the Bush administration used to justify invading Iraq. That blunder will give the US a black eye for years to come.

Russia helped Saddam remove his WMDs under our noses and you think this agreement solves the problem?

What an idiot.

The first question we should be asking is who provided Syria with chemical weapons in the first place. When you discover the source you'll understand why any deal with Russia is meaningless.

Another thing, nobody can trust Russia. Saddam found that out.

These despots buy chemical weapons because they fear being taken over by exactly the kind of uprising that is currently ongoing. Saddam's first mistake was buying them from Russia. His second mistake was giving them up and hoping that Russia would protect him from the United States. I don't think Assad will make the same mistake. If he does he's a fool.

When I shoot somebody I'll hire USA and Russia as my lawyers hoping that only my gun will be taken away from me.

obama folded, all credit goes to Russia for stopping the obama insanity.

This agreement is no solution, but at least Obama can act like it is and that he had something to do with it. Fact is he caused the problem in the first place and everyone is having to go around and clean up his mess.

But this is nothing new.

Bravo Secretary Kerry!

It is sad that it took so much effort to get a deal such as this AFTER they were used. It all points back to the total fabrication and lie that the Bush administration used to justify invading Iraq. That blunder will give the US a black eye for years to come.

Russia helped Saddam remove his WMDs under our noses and you think this agreement solves the problem?

What an idiot.

The first question we should be asking is who provided Syria with chemical weapons in the first place. When you discover the source you'll understand why any deal with Russia is meaningless.

Really? Provide a link from something other than an anti-Obama site. I want to read it...Oh, and if that is true, which it isn't, why didn't DICK and the Cowboy know before they spent a trillion dollars going after Saddam? Another link would be nice...:eusa_whistle:

This agreement is progress arrived at by diplomacy. It's not the end, but it's a start towards the US protecting humans from their corrupt government without the unaffordable loss of US lives and treasure typified by earlier extremely clumsy military solutions.

The whiners will whine, the nattering nabobs of negativity will perform their usual rain dance, but history will record it as a high point in the restoration of American politics.

This agreement is progress arrived at by diplomacy. It's not the end, but it's a start towards the US protecting humans from their corrupt government without the unaffordable loss of US lives and treasure typified by earlier extremely clumsy military solutions.

The whiners will whine, the nattering nabobs of negativity will perform their usual rain dance, but history will record it as a high point in the restoration of American politics.

I believe Obama's claim is that this "diplomacy" only occurred because America threatened to kill them. Who will protect American citizens from it's corrupt government ?

I believe Obama's claim is that this "diplomacy" only occurred because America threatened to kill them. Who will protect American citizens from it's corrupt government ?

That's obama's claim. The reality is obama had already promised that the strikes would be very small, very brief and not intended to change the balance of the civil war. In other words, no real threat. As one military official said "just muscular enough not to be mocked".

I think that the more likely scenario is that the government will continue to protect the country from subversive citizens as they always have.

That's obama's claim. The reality is obama had already promised that the strikes would be very small, very brief and not intended to change the balance of the civil war. In other words, no real threat. As one military official said "just muscular enough not to be mocked".

The intention of the threat was to convince Assad that there was no alternative open to him to keep his weapons. He was going to lose use of them no matter what he did.

He went to friend Russia and took the least expensive path of giving them up.

Bravo Secretary Kerry!

What an idiot.

Really? Provide a link from something other than an anti-Obama site. I want to read it...Oh, and if that is true, which it isn't, why didn't DICK and the Cowboy know before they spent a trillion dollars going after Saddam? Another link would be nice...:eusa_whistle:

I'm sure everything nefarious in the world ends up on the internet. Get real.

When we went into Iraq we sent 101st Airborne North of Baghdad and they intercepted a convoy of "Russian Journalists and Diplomats" heading into Jordan. First they fired them up. They were told to let them go without inspecting their cargo. Anyone with any brains at all knows those journalists were Russian Spetnaz securing the last of Saddams chemical weapons. Explain why so many Russian diplomats were leaving Iraq at the last minute.

The Russians have always undermined our interests in the region. They helped Iran get their centrifuges so they could make weapons grade Plutonium. There has been a tug-of-war over control of the Middle East with Russia ongoing since WWII. In the 80s Russia collapsed over it. Now Obama has handed them a major victory on the international stage. We are being humiliated thanks to this amateur in the White House.

Last edited:

What an idiot.

When we went into Iraq we sent 101st Airborne North of Baghdad and they intercepted a convoy of "Russian Journalists and Diplomats" heading into Jordan. First they fired them up. They were told to let them go without inspecting their cargo. Anyone with any brains at all knows those journalists were Russian Spetnaz securing the last of Saddams chemical weapons. Explain why so many Russian diplomats were leaving Iraq at the last minute.

The Russians have always undermined our interests in the region. They helped Iran get their centrifuges so they could make weapons grade Plutonium. There has been a tug-of-war over control of the Middle East with Russia ongoing since WWII. In the 80s Russia collapsed over it. Now Obama has handed them a major victory on the international stage. We are being humiliated thanks to this amateur in the White House.

Link? If you need to create a web site, I will wait. Oh, and explain why all the UN inspectors on on the ground and they could not find anything. Still, the cowboy was itching to fight.

Link? If you need to create a web site, I will wait. Oh, and explain why all the UN inspectors on on the ground and they could not find anything. Still, the cowboy was itching to fight.

The usual tactic of a loser. Just ask for link and then say anything they provide is bull shit.

My suggestion is get off your lazy ass and do your own research. You're ether playing dumb or too busy watching MSNBC to know what reality is anymore.

Have you noticed how similar this situation is to Saddam's Iraq?
I'm wondering if you have short-term memory to the point that you can't see that all of this has happened before.

The UN inspectors never said that. They said that Saddam Hussein wouldn't give them access to the sites.

Forum List

Back