Kevin McCarthy punks the Freedom Caucus, and they fold.

Screw that, should have shut it down. If government workers want to get paid vote for people who don't over spend the peoples taxes.
Further proof of the right’s contempt for sound, responsible governance.

Republicans’ advocacy of a shutdown had nothing to do with ‘fiscal responsibility’ and everything to do with a partisan effort to harm the economy and hobble the political process.

Chaos Caucus, indeed.

My wife thinks McCarthy made a deal with the Dems that they would vote for him for Speaker in order to pass this CR.

If that happens I will laugh my ass off at you and your precious Matty .

Of course you would. So long as the leftists win you are a happy camper.

Because you are dumb as a post.

Further proof of the right’s contempt for sound, responsible governance.

Republicans’ advocacy of a shutdown had nothing to do with ‘fiscal responsibility’ and everything to do with a partisan effort to harm the economy and hobble the political process.

Chaos Caucus, indeed.

Responsible government does keep running up the debt with overspending by funding proxy wars and flooding the country with illegals.

I have to admit, I did not think he had it in him.

Well done Kevin.
Gator, are you watching McCarthy punk them? It's live right now . . .

Looks like I was wrong. Never over estimate a politician...I should know better.

Not watching, but it is fun to read about.

With any luck the GOP can break their record for how many tries it take to get a Speaker

It would be cool if by Halloween they still did not have one!

So, do you believe there are enough voters that want this kind of thing happening to propel your party to victory in 2024?

Looks like I was wrong. Never over estimate a politician...I should know better.
Manfully admitted, sir. No sarcasm.
Not watching, but it is fun to read about.

With any luck the GOP can break their record for how many tries it take to get a Speaker

It would be cool if by Halloween they still did not have one!
We just need one by November 15. One who knows what happens if he works for the Dems.

Without a so-called "clean CR" ON the table they can make some headway.

Unless Dems reach across the isle. Not sure why they haven't but it won't surprise me if they do.

Manfully admitted, sir. No sarcasm.

We just need one by November 15. One who knows what happens if he works for the Dems.

Without a so-called "clean CR" ON the table they can make some headway.

Unless Dems reach across the isle. Not sure why they haven't but it won't surprise me if they do.

So, it is your view that the GOP should not even start working on the actual spending bills till the CR expires?

So, do you believe there are enough voters that want this kind of thing happening to propel your party to victory in 2024?
If you mean the GOP, most of them are voting against my wishes on this.

I believe that this kind of ground standing (not grandstanding) will give conservative candidates opportunities to ride Trump's coattails and increase the GOP count enough that the existing ones may be bold enough to Act like Dems do when in the majority, no matter by how few seats.

Last edited:
So, it is your view that the GOP should not even start working on the actual spending bills till the CR expires?
They have the single-subject bills ready or almost ready now AFAIK.

Let the Dems enjoy their extra 6 weeks of Pelosi spending that McCarthy gifted them. Then vote the Single-Subject bills and send them to the Senate.

Watch Gaetz talk about it just prior to the vote. I'm listening to both sides and I hope you will also.

I may have spoken too soon. I've been pausing the live feed and I'm just at the vote now.

Standing by to eat my words If the Dems bail him out.

They have the single-subject bills ready or almost ready now AFAIK.

Let the Dems enjoy their extra 6 weeks of Pelosi spending that McCarthy gifted them. Then vote the Single-Subject bills and send them to the Senate.

Watch Gaetz talk about it just prior to the vote. I'm listening to both sides and I hope you will also.

Why would they want 6 weeks to do that?

That is just stupid.

Interesting that McCarthy did not vote either way

And McCarthy is kicked out.

I have to admit I misread this, I thought for sure a few Dems would bail him out.

Interesting that now all business in the House comes to a standstill till there is a Speaker.

I cannot really see the American people as a whole being thrilled by this

Forum List

Back