Keystone takes the next step

The Senate has passed the House's Pipeline bill with 10 Democrats voting in favor.
Yet Obama still threatens Veto

Why do we need a pipeline through our country to help Canada sell to the rest of the world?

The Senate has passed the House's Pipeline bill with 10 Democrats voting in favor.

Why do we need a pipeline through our country to help Canada sell to the rest of the world?
Why do we need rail and highway to benefit Mexico and Canada commerce?
:cuckoo:

Rail and highway isn't just a straight shot from Canada to exit at the gulf.
All require American workers to maintain

But if Keystone is passed, what will the effect be on American oil prices?
Negligible for some time until it's flowing

And then what?
Construction jobs and refinery jobs in the meanwhile.
Adults know that, right now, OPEC and speculators set our gasoline prices. Let's take away some of their leverage and see.
Or would you like to continue to live under their thumb?

That's not what I asked.

AND THEN WHAT?

The will of the American people was acted upon by their duly elected congress critters. Obama plans to stand in defiance of the American people with his veto pen

:lol:

You buy our oil. We are your number one supplier. And you're late to the party.

This is the third pipeline in the Keystone series. The southern leg of Keystone XL has been completed and pumping oil to the Gulf since last year.

Oh and whether you build the pipeline or not, the crude is coming to the Gulf via rail and transport truck.

The will of the American people was acted upon by their duly elected congress critters. Obama plans to stand in defiance of the American people with his veto pen

Do you oppose all Presidential vetos?

Nope. Often congress will pass legislation that is against the will of the people & that is what the pen is for. But as per usual our politicians have bastardized everything that used to have a logical purpose.

But if Keystone is passed, what will the effect be on American oil prices?
Negligible for some time until it's flowing

And then what?
Construction jobs and refinery jobs in the meanwhile.
Adults know that, right now, OPEC and speculators set our gasoline prices. Let's take away some of their leverage and see.
Or would you like to continue to live under their thumb?

That's not what I asked.

AND THEN WHAT?
My name is Hortysir
Not Futureseer.
One can hope to lower prices but given the unstable ME, who knows

Forum List

Back