KFC hoax?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
There was something fishy from the beginning..

KFC hoax? Questions surround claim scarred girl was asked to leave eatery

Last Updated Jun 24, 2014 12:00 PM EDT

JACKSON, Miss. -- Fried chicken chain KFC said a franchised restaurant in Mississippi has hired an investigator to look into claims that an employee asked a 3-year-old girl and family members to leave because injuries she suffered in a pit bull mauling disturbed customers. Meanwhile, a local newspaper, citing unnamed sources, reported that the family made up the whole story.

KFC spokesman Rick Maynard said the company is concerned that the Jackson, Mississippi, restaurant's internal investigation couldn't verify the incident. An outside investigator will conduct an independent investigation, Maynard said.

"Along with our franchisee, we remain determined to get to the truth and address the situation appropriately," Maynard told CBS News in a statement.

KFC's commitment of $30,000 to help with the child's medical bills will not be affected by the investigation's outcome, Maynard said.
KFC hoax? Questions surround claim scarred girl was asked to leave eatery - CBS News

It is cool that they are honoring their 30,000 donation.

Good on KFC.

JACKSON, Miss. -- Fried chicken chain KFC said a franchised restaurant in Mississippi has hired an investigator to look into claims that an employee asked a 3-year-old girl and family members to leave because injuries she suffered in a pit bull mauling disturbed customers. Meanwhile, a local newspaper, citing unnamed sources, reported that the family made up the whole story.

KFC spokesman Rick Maynard said the company is concerned that the Jackson, Mississippi, restaurant's internal investigation couldn't verify the incident. An outside investigator will conduct an independent investigation, Maynard said.

"Along with our franchisee, we remain determined to get to the truth and address the situation appropriately," Maynard told CBS News in a statement.

KFC's commitment of $30,000 to help with the child's medical bills will not be affected by the investigation's outcome, Maynard said.
KFC hoax? Questions surround claim scarred girl was asked to leave eatery - CBS News

Good on KFC.

But I hope the parents get a little extra...I do not mean money.

Good on KFC.

On one hand I feel for them.

They are probably don't have a lot of money and that poor little girl is going to require lots of surgery to have a normal life.

But on the other, really?

That was such a screwed up thing to do.

I still hope for the best for that poor kid.

Good on KFC.

On one hand I feel for them.

They are probably don't have a lot of money and that poor little girl is going to require lots of surgery to have a normal life.

But on the other, really?

That was such a screwed up thing to do.

I still hope for the best for that poor kid.

Yes, only the best for her, maybe the disgrace will teach the parents. They may be all she has to raise her.

You know, as jacked up as this is, I wonder if they would have got the financial help they needed had they been straight up. And, if not, why not?

First off...the other thread is too big. Secondly, anyone can start a thread, digitaldrifter.

Now..concerning this latest report....I think the parents and the grandma should be thrown in jail. All that money collected over a lie. And KFC needs to take their money back and donate it to honest people who have kids scarred just like that little girl. And the kid? She is learning how to rip people off over a lie. This should not be rewarded.

"I ordered a large sweet tea and her some mashed potatoes and gravy because she was hungry. She was on a feeding tube at the time, but I figured she could just swallow (the potatoes)," Mullins recalled of the alleged KFC incident, per local news outlet WAPT. "They just told us, they said, 'We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers.' (Victoria) understood exactly what they said." The story began to spread online, and donations for recovery-related surgeries poured in. Wilcher's family raised more than $135,000, including a whopping $30,000 from KFC. But a Monday report from Mississippi's Laurel Leader-Call claims the family's KFC story was just a publicity stunt to raise cash. An anonymous source close to an ongoing KFC investigation told the Leader-Call there is no surveillance footage of Victoria and her grandmother on May 15 at the KFC locations in the area. The source also said local KFCs had no record of their order of sweet tea and mashed potatoes and gravy.
3-Year-Old Kicked Out Of KFC? The Story's A Hoax, Says KFC

The investigators were hired by KFC and the alleged incident still could have taken place despite the company's outright denial. The KFC restaurant on Woodrow Wilson Drive was thoroughly investigated and all of its employees were interviewed. But it could be a wrong KFC outlet and there are ten KFC outlets in Jackson, Mississippi. There is no receipt left because the KFC restaurant refused to take their order and asked them to leave.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back