Kids Are Giving Up on Elite Colleges—and Heading South

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Ivy League schools are going to end up putting themselves out of business if they don't get the chaos and radicalism terrorizing their campuses under control. The likelihood of that is iffy, however, given this behavior seems to be permissive straight from the top. We already saw two Ivy League presidents resign in the wake of their defending anti-Semitic sentiment on their campuses. Now, violent mobs have broken out at universities like Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, and others where Jewish students and staff as well as law enforcement have been threatened, physically attacked, and terrorist organizations like Hamas are openly supported.

Ultimately, big money interests, many of which happen to be Jewish, will pull their funding of these institutions. Robert Kraft just did it with Columbia. The former president of U Penn was ousted after a $100 Million endowment was threatened following her House testimony. More will certainly come.

The recent wave of violent protests and arrests at elite universities like Yale and Columbia have only confirmed for Scott Katz that he made the right decision to attend Elon University. The North Carolina college, where he is currently wrapping up his sophomore year, is a long way from his hometown of Lafayette Hill, the predominantly liberal Philadelphia suburb where the average home costs $610,000.

Katz, who is Jewish, says the antisemitism that’s increasingly visible at colleges nationwide—especially in the Ivy League, and other elite institutions like Stanford and Berkeley—hasn’t even touched his campus.

“I haven’t been affected by it at all,” Katz told me. “I definitely feel very safe on campus regarding my religion.”

That's ridiculous. The riots and protests during the 1960s?
Ah yes, the protests of the 1960's for peace.

And today they chant, "Gas the Jews".

Can the Left normalize antisemitism and genocide as they shout from the River to the Sea"?

The Left has pretty much normalized everything else, but it will be a little harder I think as we are seeing.

Ivy League schools are some of the most expensive in the country.
It's hard then to say whether the drop off in applications is due to people not being able to afford them anymore because of Bidenomics or if people are just disgusted with them morally as they don't want their children being recruited by Hamas as they undergo sex changes.

Ah yes, the protests of the 1960's for peace.

And today they chant, "Gas the Jews".

Can the Left normalize antisemitism and genocide as they shout from the River to the Sea"?

The Left has pretty much normalized everything else, but it will be a little harder I think as we are seeing.
Frankly, I don't give two shits. This will blow over too.

You get to play the victim card because of recent events. What will you do as the outrage and memory move on to the next hysteria?

Antisemitism is real, as is the way blacks have been treated. Did you support BLM? Palestinians have also been treated badly. Do you recognize (leaving out all the HAMAS and terrorism shit)? I see the hypocrisy and confusion on the part of many who have become antisemitic, yet supported BLM.

But also see people conflating antizionism with antisemtism. I see people conflating BLM and ANTIFA. I see the majority of people wishing you would all go away and kill each other until one man is left standing. Leaving the rest of us alone.

The Ivy League schools are going to end up putting themselves out of business if they don't get the chaos and radicalism terrorizing their campuses under control. The likelihood of that is iffy, however, given this behavior seems to be permissive straight from the top. We already saw two Ivy League presidents resign in the wake of their defending anti-Semitic sentiment on their campuses. Now, violent mobs have broken out at universities like Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, and others where Jewish students and staff as well as law enforcement have been threatened, physically attacked, and terrorist organizations like Hamas are openly supported.

Ultimately, big money interests, many of which happen to be Jewish, will pull their funding of these institutions. Robert Kraft just did it with Columbia. The former president of U Penn was ousted after a $100 Million endowment was threatened following her House testimony. More will certainly come.

The recent wave of violent protests and arrests at elite universities like Yale and Columbia have only confirmed for Scott Katz that he made the right decision to attend Elon University. The North Carolina college, where he is currently wrapping up his sophomore year, is a long way from his hometown of Lafayette Hill, the predominantly liberal Philadelphia suburb where the average home costs $610,000.

Katz, who is Jewish, says the antisemitism that’s increasingly visible at colleges nationwide—especially in the Ivy League, and other elite institutions like Stanford and Berkeley—hasn’t even touched his campus.

“I haven’t been affected by it at all,” Katz told me. “I definitely feel very safe on campus regarding my religion.”

Elite colleges are NOT going to run out of applicants. They turn away many very highly qualified applicants as it is. I have tutored students who got perfect SAT scores and had every possible thing checked off their academic resumes who still got wait-listed by Harvard.

Forum List

Back