🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

King james was gay!

Swearing is a sign of being angry? Maybe for you it is, not quite true for most people I know however. I very rarely swear, I'd guess that you will see me swear in maybe 2% of my total posts, if that even.

Yes, it's what they should be aspiring too, that doesn't mean that people will not fall short at different times, we are human, we do sin. So, I'm still not sure what your point is? We should be perfect? We shouldn't sin at all? Only Christ was capable of that.

Who has 'rejected' it, I've seen you use the very same line about 'the fruits' time after time on here with different people, most of them have explained to you that they're not Christian, making you look like a fool.

And where do you get that Christians don't want to be held accountable? And held accountable by whom? By you? Are you God, i.e. judge and jurty? You want them to want to be held accountable by you? I'm guessing most don't really care what you think. :lol:

Accountable to scripture.

Bullshit, and I know (sigh), I'm swearing again. :eek: But you're holding them accountable to how you define a Christian, period. Is it up to you to comment on whether I'm following scripture or not? Or is that between myself and God? Is it any of your business? And you have completely dodged the question of sin (and we both know why), you act as though Christians should be capable of remaining sin free and if they don't then they're not following scripture, but isn't that what sin is, not following scripture? Is there a Christian anywhere that is capable of follwoing scripture 100% of the time? Yet that is what you apparently expect whenever you chastise Christians for what you define as un-Christian like behavior. You're reprimanding them for sinning, like you're an authority on the subject. Perhaps that's why you didn't make it as a pastor, if you ever even were one, your arrogance and ego can't live with an authority higher than yourself to answer too. Hell, you expect complete strangers to answer to you for their behavior when it's none of your business. :lol: You have no right to expectations, only God does, and everyone will be judged when their time comes, even you.
Then why not be accountable to that scripture now?
No one is expecting perfection. Just acknowledgement of what is expected and a sincere effort, not a consistent, angry rejection of that expectation.
People of faith hate this fundamental teaching of Paul's. it takes so many bullets out of their guns.

Bullshit, and I know (sigh), I'm swearing again. :eek: But you're holding them accountable to how you define a Christian, period. Is it up to you to comment on whether I'm following scripture or not? Or is that between myself and God? Is it any of your business? And you have completely dodged the question of sin (and we both know why), you act as though Christians should be capable of remaining sin free and if they don't then they're not following scripture, but isn't that what sin is, not following scripture? Is there a Christian anywhere that is capable of follwoing scripture 100% of the time? Yet that is what you apparently expect whenever you chastise Christians for what you define as un-Christian like behavior. You're reprimanding them for sinning, like you're an authority on the subject. Perhaps that's why you didn't make it as a pastor, if you ever even were one, your arrogance and ego can't live with an authority higher than yourself to answer too. Hell, you expect complete strangers to answer to you for their behavior when it's none of your business. :lol: You have no right to expectations, only God does, and everyone will be judged when their time comes, even you.

You are probably right. I have doubts thebrucebeat was a pastor. Maybe he is overstating his credentials? We want to see some credentials, please.

No one shares personal info on here. When everyone does, I will oblige.
I have been on here a short time and have had veiled threats of bodily harm from two of the followers of the Prince of Peace. No reason to give wackos the excuse to become stalkers.
I will tell you this much. I have preached in both the Methodist and the Episcopal church.
At any rate, the credentials would neither validate nor denigrate my arguments. They stand by themselves.

Last edited:

No one is expecting perfection. Just acknowledgement of what is expected and a sincere effort, not a consistent, angry rejection of that expectation.
People of faith hate this fundamental teaching of Paul's. it takes so many bullets out of their guns.

Who says that? You do, I have seen no one consistent in rejection, nor angry. Only you seem to have that opinion and you use the accusation as a shield to not respond to what has been presented to you.

Your preception that anything takes bullets out of guns is based on bunk. There are no guns or bullets to begin with, that's the part you don't get. We are not like you, we're not out to play a 'gotchya game', you are. And that's why your perception is so skewed of everyone else, you think they're just like you when they're not.

You are probably right. I have doubts thebrucebeat was a pastor. Maybe he is overstating his credentials? We want to see some credentials, please.

I have been on here a short time and have had veiled threats of bodily harm from two of the followers of the Prince of Peace. No reason to give wackos the excuse to become stalkers.
I will tell you this much. I have preached in both the Methodist and the Episcopal church.
At any rate, the credentials would neither validate nor denigrate my arguments. They stand by themselves.

Threats? Who would care enough to actually threaten you, if they truly did, then they're as looney as you are.

You've never been a pastor, you have not displayed the indepth knowledge of scripture that a pastor would posess, former or otherwise, I believe you lie.

Who says that? You do, I have seen no one consistent in rejection, nor angry. Only you seem to have that opinion and you use the accusation as a shield to not respond to what has been presented to you.

Your preception that anything takes bullets out of guns is based on bunk. There are no guns or bullets to begin with, that's the part you don't get. We are not like you, we're not out to play a 'gotchya game', you are. And that's why your perception is so skewed of everyone else, you think they're just like you when they're not.

So it should be easy for you to commit to demonstrating the Fruits of the Spirit as best as you possibly can moving forward.
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
This is what will immediately come to mind when observing your discourse with others.
Looking forward to it.

Threats? Who would care enough to actually threaten you, if they truly did, then they're as looney as you are.

You've never been a pastor, you have not displayed the indepth knowledge of scripture that a pastor would posess, former or otherwise, I believe you lie.
You are free to believe anything you like.
You still don't handle my arguments well, nor do you display the Fruits of the Spirit.
So there you go.

What about Two of the Ten Commandments
1. Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery
2. Thou Shalt Not Covet Your Neighbor's House...Wife...Servants...nor anything that belongs to your neighbor

Given the covenant between husbands and wives, any sex or coveting outside that recognized bond would be considered adulterous. Metaphorically, even Israel as the Bride was considered fallen away from the marriage covenant with the Lord as the Husband.

So Adultery has both literal and figurative meanings, and so does Marriage as a Covenant.

When we commit lust in our hearts, we already commit Adultery "in spirit."
This applies to all people, regardless of orientation, gender, age, race, etc.

So any sexual actions or lust "outside the spiritual marriage between partners"
would be included in "adultery."

NOTE: this standard applies to BOTH homosexual or heterosexual relations outside
marital covenants between spiritually committed partners. So it is not discriminating
only against "gays" but applies to all people and all actions that defile marital commitment.

This should NOT be applied to target "homosexuals" more than others, but applies to all people and all relationships equally: we would not tolerate any form of incest, rape, prostitution and trafficking, or any other type of sexual or relationship abuse, fraud or infidelity but would hold ourselves and all people equally to respect all relationships and ALL PEOPLE who are somebody's spiritual partner and not to be coveted or abused by anyone else in violation of that covenant.

Another little known fact: After King Jame's death, the Bible named after him was changed to specifically include homosexuality as a sin, although earlier bibles, dating back to ancient times, didn't.

I checked and the 1611 King James Bible mentions Homosexuality as a sin.

Show some evidence because I don't believe you.

That's the Bible you read today. That Bible was modified in 1792 and in the mid 1800's to more closely align with the prudent culture of the days, and again in the mid 20th century, yet still has the date of 1611.

Here's another good read:

Clobbering "Biblical" Gay Bashing - The God Article

In summary of my look at the Christian Church's use of the clobber verses, if you want to call homosexuality a sin, go ahead. But you are going to have to admit that it is not biblically a sin. Which means you are also going to have to admit that you are calling it a sin simply because that's what you want to do. Because of that, you are going to have to admit that you are a sinner for using God's name for false pretenses (it's a little thing we like to call using God's name in vain). And then, Paul has something to tell you, “...you have no excuse, whoever you are, when you judge others; for in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things.” (Romans 2:1).

If we enforced the spirit of the laws, we would all find fault with ourselves and others, and be equally guilty and pointing fingers at each other. That is, in fact, what is happening now.

That is why several Gospels cite the wisdom from Jesus to remove the beam from our own eyes before helping a neighbor remove a splinter. We all have our biases and can see the faults in others while excusing our own. Instead of competing to make each other wrong, we should help each other to make things right. Then we can restore good faith relations, and win back our neighbors as in Matthew 18:15-20 about resolving trespasses.

The New Testament in Christ Jesus is about mutual forgiveness and corrections, by God's grace and truth established by agreement in Christ, so justice and peace are restored and all things are made new. This return of "Justice with Mercy" brings salvation to humanity. This is the meaning of Christ Jesus being received universally for all souls to be saved.

Last edited:

So it should be easy for you to commit to demonstrating the Fruits of the Spirit as best as you possibly can moving forward.
Peace, love, joy, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
This is what will immediately come to mind when observing your discourse with others.
Looking forward to it.

Is that the only part of the Bible that you know, pastor? Or the only part relevent?

I have demonstrated them, espeically patience, if you don't agree then perhaps it is you that is lacking acuity when you are judging someone? Probably a good thing you're not a pastor any longer I would say.

You still don't handle my arguments well, nor do you display the Fruits of the Spirit.
So there you go.

How do I not handle your arguments 'well', what does that translate to in your world, please provide specificity.

So there you go.

How do I not handle your arguments 'well', what does that translate to in your world, please provide specificity.

You can start with the completely unfounded accusation of lying with no basis that you make in your last post.
That avoids the issues to make silly attacks on the messenger.
You don't handle arguments well at all.
You're a very poor debater.

Looking forward to it.

Is that the only part of the Bible that you know, pastor? Or the only part relevent?

I have demonstrated them, espeically patience, if you don't agree then perhaps it is you that is lacking acuity when you are judging someone? Probably a good thing you're not a pastor any longer I would say.

Compare your post here to the Fruits.
How do they match up?
You are the gift that keeps on giving.

So there you go.

You can start with the completely unfounded accusation of lying with no basis that you make in your last post.

So the accusation of lying, specifically accusing you of lying, is evidence that I don't handle your arguments 'well'?

Silly 'attacks'... you have your own strange definition of what the word 'attack' means. Stating that I think you're lying is making an observation, based on what I've read of your posts, a rather sad series of posts. hardly falls into the category of 'attack'.

You're one of the poorest 'debaters' I've ever seen, actually you describe yourself quite well in your own post. All you do is make accusations, you never address the issue. You did exactly whenever you 'attacked' my avatar, and then accused me of not displaying the 'fruits' but never addressed what I actually said. I believe you called that attacking the messenger, no? And one typically does that when one has no debate, they resort to the policy of personal destruction since they have nothing else in their little bag of tricks. You revealed yourself from your very first posts, I don't take you seriously, you're fun to toy with, and you are a liar. ;)

Looking forward to it.

How do they match up?

You're the expert, pastor! Why don't you do that for me, show how my post shows the oppisite of all the 'fruits', one by one. :D

So the accusation of lying, specifically accusing you of lying, is evidence that I don't handle your arguments 'well'?

Silly 'attacks'... you have your own strange definition of what the word 'attack' means. Stating that I think you're lying is making an observation, based on what I've read of your posts, a rather sad series of posts. hardly falls into the category of 'attack'.

You're one of the poorest 'debaters' I've ever seen, actually you describe yourself quite well in your own post. All you do is make accusations, you never address the issue. You did exactly whenever you 'attacked' my avatar, and then accused me of not displaying the 'fruits' but never addressed what I actually said. I believe you called that attacking the messenger, no? And one typically does that when one has no debate, they resort to the policy of personal destruction since they have nothing else in their little bag of tricks. You revealed yourself from your very first posts, I don't take you seriously, you're fun to toy with, and you are a liar. ;)

Just more evidence that some people are just odd, isn't it Newby? Oh well, at least bruce occasionally tries to have conversation.

How do they match up?

You're the expert, pastor! Why don't you do that for me, show how my post shows the oppisite of all the 'fruits', one by one. :D

Do you really need that humiliation?
I think with a modicum of honesty you can handle it on your own.

You seriously don't have the intellectual capacity to toy with anyone.
Point out a lie of mine and your evidence for your accusation.
I'll wait.

I'll wait.

That Christians were forced to pull their resources when Peter said otherwise.

Not to mention your posts don't have the fruits of the Spirit present. You're a poor debater attacking people rather than the points:)

I'll wait.

That Christians were forced to pull their resources when Peter said otherwise.

Not to mention your posts don't have the fruits of the Spirit present. You're a poor debater attacking people rather than the points:)

I am specifically talking about the points!
Peter admonishes them for not giving it all when they had full possession of the funds and COULD have given it all. It's the whole point of the verse.
I can't believe I am actually having to describe this.

If you were ordained, someone failed.

You still have a credibility problem. You should have flunked scripture and you are posting things that should be debunked and you think more highly of yourself than you should.

Romans 12:3 ¶ For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I don't think you are scared of me other than someone might expose you for not having credentials.

If you were ordained, someone failed.

You still have a credibility problem. You should have flunked scripture and you are posting things that should be debunked and you think more highly of yourself than you should.

Romans 12:3 ¶ For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

I don't think you are scared of me other than someone might expose you for not having credentials.
If they SHOULD be debunked, you are doing a piss poor job of doing it!

Forum List

Back