Krugman rips von Mises up one side & down the other

Laffer? The man is a JOKE...

Normally I ignore your cut and paste irrelevancy, but the irony of you calling Laffer a joke while promoting that fraud Krugman is beyond the pale.

, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve during most of the Reagan years, commented in the film about the economist Arthur Laffer’s famous curve, which, incredibly, became a cornerstone of national economic policy. “The Laffer Curve,” said Mr. Volcker, “was presented as an intellectual support for the idea that reducing taxes would produce more revenues, and that was, I think, considered by most people a pretty extreme interpretation of what would happen.”

Toward the end of his comment, the former Fed chairman chuckled as if still amused by the idea that this was ever taken seriously.

Volcker supported Laffer quite strongly. Further, the results of the first cuts demonstrated that the curve worked as advertised. The subsequent increases in taxes had a significant dampening effect, but the initial cuts did exactly as Laffer predicted.

I read a dozen or so blogs regularly, including Krugman and I read the papers he links to.

how nice, so please give us a substantive liberal policy with which you agree! should be easy given all your education! How will you learn if you are afraid to try?

Normally I ignore your cut and paste irrelevancy, but the irony of you calling Laffer a joke while promoting that fraud Krugman is beyond the pale.

, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve during most of the Reagan years, commented in the film about the economist Arthur Laffer’s famous curve, which, incredibly, became a cornerstone of national economic policy. “The Laffer Curve,” said Mr. Volcker, “was presented as an intellectual support for the idea that reducing taxes would produce more revenues, and that was, I think, considered by most people a pretty extreme interpretation of what would happen.”

Toward the end of his comment, the former Fed chairman chuckled as if still amused by the idea that this was ever taken seriously.

Volcker supported Laffer quite strongly. Further, the results of the first cuts demonstrated that the curve worked as advertised. The subsequent increases in taxes had a significant dampening effect, but the initial cuts did exactly as Laffer predicted.

If any of you right wingers REALLY subscribe to the Laffer curve, you would be demanding taxes are increased for the wealthy...

Anyone who preaches the Laffer curve hypothesis is truly calling for further increases in the top income tax rate—wittingly or unwittingly.

512px-LafferCurve.svg.png

If any of you right wingers REALLY subscribe to the Laffer curve, you would be demanding taxes are increased for the wealthy...

Anyone who preaches the Laffer curve hypothesis is truly calling for further increases in the top income tax rate—wittingly or unwittingly.

more pure stupidity. Laffer is not calling for further increases in the top tax rates. Slow?

Why Righties claim to be experts on economics is puzzling as all of their econ idols have been proven to be dreamers w/o any real world data to back up their zany theories.

The right in this forum is vastly more educated than that left. When I got my MBA, concentrations were availible in finance or economics. I am not an accountant so the choice was easy.

You know utterly nothing about macro economics. You read leftist op eds from Krugman over on ThinkProgress and delude yourself that this gives you an understanding of the subject. It does not.

Arthur Laffer has an open challenge to Krugman to debate him on live TV - Krugman has wisely avoided the challenge.

Oh, as for Laffer, he backs up his positions quite well.

Arthur Laffer Three signs of a feeble economy - The Orange County Register

Paul Volcker, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve during most of the Reagan years, commented in the film about the economist Arthur Laffer’s famous curve, which, incredibly, became a cornerstone of national economic policy. “The Laffer Curve,” said Mr. Volcker, “was presented as an intellectual support for the idea that reducing taxes would produce more revenues, and that was, I think, considered by most people a pretty extreme interpretation of what would happen.”

its taken very seriously by Ireland and Switzerland . They lowered corporate taxes, most of the world's major corporations moved there in whole or part, and they collect a lot more taxes!! NYS and many other do the same thing!! Isn't thinking fun?? A liberal is no more than a child.

Obama urges corporate tax cut closing loopholes Reuters

more pure stupidity. Laffer is not calling for further increases in the top tax rates. Slow?

WHY am I not surprised that you fall into the "unwittingly" category...LOL

Why Righties claim to be experts on economics is puzzling as all of their econ idols have been proven to be dreamers w/o any real world data to back up their zany theories.

The right in this forum is vastly more educated than that left. When I got my MBA, concentrations were availible in finance or economics. I am not an accountant so the choice was easy.

You know utterly nothing about macro economics. You read leftist op eds from Krugman over on ThinkProgress and delude yourself that this gives you an understanding of the subject. It does not.

Arthur Laffer has an open challenge to Krugman to debate him on live TV - Krugman has wisely avoided the challenge.

Paul Volcker, who served as chairman of the Federal Reserve during most of the Reagan years, commented in the film about the economist Arthur Laffer’s famous curve, which, incredibly, became a cornerstone of national economic policy. “The Laffer Curve,” said Mr. Volcker, “was presented as an intellectual support for the idea that reducing taxes would produce more revenues, and that was, I think, considered by most people a pretty extreme interpretation of what would happen.”

its taken very seriously by Ireland and Switzerland . They lowered corporate taxes, most of the world's major corporations moved there in whole or part, and they collect a lot more taxes!! NYS and many other do the same thing!! Isn't thinking fun?? A liberal is no more than a child.

the liberal idiot wants to raise taxes when they are already the highest in world!! Any wonder why Obama's anti business recovery is slowest since Great Depression.

Link?

the liberal idiot wants to raise taxes when they are already the highest in world!! Any wonder why Obama's anti business recovery is slowest since Great Depression.

Is there an adult in the room who can read and decipher for you?

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama made an opening offer in what could be a long negotiation with corporate America on Wednesday, putting forward his first clear plan to cut the corporate tax rate.

The president proposed cutting the top corporate rate to 28 percent from 35 percent, addressing a long-standing gripe by U.S. corporations that the rate is too high.

Link?

of course Laffer would have to be correct. If you tax away venture capital you get fewer new ventures like Google Apple Sun Amazon. Jeff Bezos said that the most important $50,000 in his life was the first $50,000 he raised to start Amazon. Imagine if some fat cat thought he was a little too poor after liberal taxes to gamble on Bezos.
These are ABC's a child can understand.

yanno why Krugman, The Nobel Prize winning economist, rubs people like @CrusaderFrank the wrong way, because Frank57 knows deep in his heart that Krugman consistently nails him dead to rights :afro: :muahaha:

You have zero credibility, so I do this purely for entertainment value;

See if you can answer this.

The Chairman of the Fed sets what:

1.) Monetary Policy
2.) The thermostat to 78°
3) Fiscal policy

If Fiscal policy and Monetary policy conflict, what happens?

1.) Gas prices rise
2.) A credit crises ensues as quantitative levels fail to match fiscal goals
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

:whistle:

You make the mistake of assuming we want the federal government to receive more of our income.

Why don't Righties/lolibertarians have any economists worth their weight in salt these days :eusa_think: :eusa_whistle:

We don't drink the Kool-Aid that makes you happy to be worked like a borrowed mule so the government can take the bulk of your income.

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

Here is a quiz for you...

According to the Laffer curve, the optimum revenue maximizing marginal income tax rate is:

1) 35%

2) 70%

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

Here is a quiz for you...

According to the Laffer curve, the optimum revenue maximizing marginal income tax rate is:

1) 35%

2) 70%

The exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, so your question demonstrates only that you're an ignoramus.

Forum List

Back