Krugman rips von Mises up one side & down the other

You have zero credibility, so I do this purely for entertainment value;

See if you can answer this.

The Chairman of the Fed sets what:

1.) Monetary Policy
2.) The thermostat to 78°
3) Fiscal policy

If Fiscal policy and Monetary policy conflict, what happens?

1.) Gas prices rise
2.) A credit crises ensues as quantitative levels fail to match fiscal goals
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

:whistle:

Here is a quiz for you...

According to the Laffer curve, the optimum revenue maximizing marginal income tax rate is:

1) 35%

2) 70%

Anyone who preaches the Laffer curve hypothesis is truly calling for further increases in the top income tax rate—wittingly or unwittingly.

The exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, so your question demonstrates only that you're an ignoramus.

Congratulations, you just made the pea brain hall of shame...LOL

bripat9643 said:
"The exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, so your question demonstrates only that you're an ignoramus"

The Rabbi said:
"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."

Quantum Windbag said:
Jesus used physical force and beat the crap out of people that offended him, would you prefer that approach?

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

bripat9643 said:
Freedom includes the freedom to discriminate.

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

According to the Laffer curve, the optimum revenue maximizing marginal income tax rate is:

1) 35%

2) 70%

Anyone who preaches the Laffer curve hypothesis is truly calling for further increases in the top income tax rate—wittingly or unwittingly.

The exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, so your question demonstrates only that you're an ignoramus.

bripat9643 said:
"The exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, so your question demonstrates only that you're an ignoramus"

The Rabbi said:
"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."

Quantum Windbag said:
Jesus used physical force and beat the crap out of people that offended him, would you prefer that approach?

Cecilie1200 said:

bripat9643 said:

That' looks like the hall of truths that liberals can't admit.

BTW, you just confirmed that you're a dumbass.

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

1) 35%

2) 70%

bripat9643 said:

The Rabbi said:

Quantum Windbag said:

Cecilie1200 said:

bripat9643 said:

WOW, you really are out to prove you're a pea brain. Hey Einstein...IF the exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, HOW can tax policy be SHAPED by the "Laffer curve"???

Let's rename it...the "laugh-er curve"

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

1) 35%

2) 70%

bripat9643 said:

The Rabbi said:

Quantum Windbag said:

Cecilie1200 said:

bripat9643 said:

WOW, you really are out to prove you're a pea brain. Hey Einstein...IF the exact shape of the Laffer curve is unknown, HOW can tax policy be SHAPED by the "Laffer curve"???

OK, Nimrod, show us the exact shape of the Laffer curve and prove you're correct.

bripat9643 said:

tempfig4.gif
Neo-laffer-curve-360x270.png

neolaffercurve2jj.jpg

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

1) 35%

2) 70%

bripat9643 said:

The Rabbi said:

Quantum Windbag said:

Cecilie1200 said:

bripat9643 said:

OK, Nimrod, show us the exact shape of the Laffer curve and prove you're correct.

Hey IDIOT...you are the retards who want to SHAPE our tax policy based on the "laugh-er curve"

BUT, you don't know what it looks like...

What a fucking MORON...

1.) Monetary Policy
3) Fiscal policy

1.) Gas prices rise
3.) Popcorn cooks slower

1) 35%

2) 70%

bripat9643 said:

The Rabbi said:

Quantum Windbag said:

Cecilie1200 said:

bripat9643 said:

Hey IDIOT...you are the retards who want to SHAPE our tax policy based on the "laugh-er curve"

BUT, you don't know what it looks like...

What a fucking MORON...
That guy is screaming to be put on ignore, which I did 1+ yrs ago. Life is too short to spend wading through rw hater, low-info, posts like his.

As to the OP, Krugman prolly has another article out. I'll check.

Why do you bother?

Once Bfgrn posted that Laffer's Supply Side theory only affected personal income taxes he proved that he has zero knowledge of the subject.

His going to the hate sites to cut and paste graphs and memes does nothing to alter the FACT that he doesn't have a fucking clue what he is talking about.

I won't waste my time debating cut and paste from hate sites, with an ignorant buffoon who has zero foundation in the subject at hand.

Why don't Righties/lolibertarians have any economists worth their weight in salt these days :eusa_think: :eusa_whistle:

Thomas Sowell runs circles around dumbass Krugman morning noon and night.

STFU

Dog Cum is a clown, not meant to be taken seriously.

Up on YouTube somewhere is a video of Walter Williams eviscerating the fraud. It becomes clear in the video that Krugman knows he is a fraud. You see, Krugman actually knows economics, thus he knows that what he writes is utter bullshit - he simply does what pads his pocket - he is a charlatan.

1) 35%

2) 70%

First Arthur Laffer never claimed to invent the Laffer curve. He attributed it to Ibn Khaldun and John Maynard Keynes. So I guess that makes believers in the Laffer curve Keynesians.

I have personally heard him speak more than once that he offered the idea to Rumsfeld in a coffee shop drawing on the back of a napkin in 1974. It was Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney who promoted it. Laffer often referred to it as his "conjecture". The story can be found at The Laffer Curve Past Present and Future. It's Laffer's story published by the Heritage Foundation and he's sticking to it. The article includes a quote by Keynes to whom he attributes the most cogent explanation of the idea.

In 2008 Don Fullerton noted the The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics (2nd ed.). p. 839 surveyed the literature and found widely varying values for an "optimal" rate of taxation with a midpoint of about 70%. In fairness, Laffer's article claims great success for the idea connected with lowering the capital gains rates from 28% to 20%, but he offers no analysis of any of the examples he provides other than some superficial anecdotal remarks.

If anyone prefers actual facts to name-calling; I recommend Prof Laffer's article.

Why do you bother?

Once Bfgrn posted that Laffer's Supply Side theory only affected personal income taxes he proved that he has zero knowledge of the subject.

His going to the hate sites to cut and paste graphs and memes does nothing to alter the FACT that he doesn't have a fucking clue what he is talking about.

I won't waste my time debating cut and paste from hate sites, with an ignorant buffoon who has zero foundation in the subject at hand.

If I ruled out responding to cut-and-paste hacks like Bfgrn, I would have to rule out most of the libs in the forum. Dad2three is another such hack.

1) 35%

2) 70%

First Arthur Laffer never claimed to invent the Laffer curve. He attributed it to Ibn Khaldun and John Maynard Keynes. So I guess that makes believers in the Laffer curve Keynesians.

I have personally heard him speak more than once that he offered the idea to Rumsfeld in a coffee shop drawing on the back of a napkin in 1974. It was Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney who promoted it. Laffer often referred to it as his "conjecture". The story can be found at The Laffer Curve Past Present and Future. It's Laffer's story published by the Heritage Foundation and he's sticking to it. The article includes a quote by Keynes to whom he attributes the most cogent explanation of the idea.

In 2008 Don Fullerton noted the The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics (2nd ed.). p. 839 surveyed the literature and found widely varying values for an "optimal" rate of taxation with a midpoint of about 70%. In fairness, Laffer's article claims great success for the idea connected with lowering the capital gains rates from 28% to 20%, but he offers no analysis of any of the examples he provides other than some superficial anecdotal remarks.

If anyone prefers actual facts to name-calling; I recommend Prof Laffer's article.

So Kennedy and Heller had it right way back in the early 1960's. Then Reagan came along and destroyed America.

Why do you bother?

Translation: for Uncensored to answer the question he would have to "wittingly" call for further increases in the top income tax rate.

Better to choose the cowardly "unwittingly"...LOL

Why don't Righties/lolibertarians have any economists worth their weight in salt these days :eusa_think: :eusa_whistle:

Thomas Sowell runs circles around dumbass Krugman morning noon and night.

STFU

:lmao:

it's so funny watching rightwingnuts discount the nobel prize winning economist in favor of what other know-nothing rightwingnuts say.

Did you mean to make an ass out of your self or is that just in your DNA ?

My guess is that your narrow little world does not reach to the likes of giants like Sowell.

Sowell pretty much takes Krugman apart in his book on Intellectuals and Society.

Intellectuals......those people you don't understand.

Forum List

Back