LA City Hall panel backs fining companies for asking applicants about past crimes

JBond

Winning
May 15, 2016
As a business owner this is a disturbing trend. I want to know if the potential hire raped children, has 6 DUI's, or has attacked people among other things. Does anyone think the LA plan is a good one? Soon they will want to outlaw background checks. The irony.

Businesses that ask a job applicant about his or her criminal history during the hiring process could be fined and forced to pay the applicant up to $500 under a new law being considered by city leaders.

A Los Angeles City Council committee backed a plan Tuesday to penalize businesses that weed out applicants based on criminal convictions.

LA City Hall panel backs fining companies for asking applicants about past crimes

I worked in places that hired ex-cons and I'm not talking about the democratic national committee either.

The companies won't ask. They will quietly have a background check.
Not every small business can afford the fees for a thorough investigation. Especially early when they need good loyal employees. A great idea with a little capital can be quickly derailed by a criminal.

So now the commiecrat regressives want to make criminals a protected class, ain't gonna happen. Even the 9th district would kill it on 14th amendment grounds of equal protection. If a security company, a locksmith or other companies that require bonded employees can ask, everyone can ask.

Forum List

Back