"lady" accuses cops of stopping her while walking black...tsk tsk....camera was rolling

It's good that the video showed exactly what happened. That's why I'm surprised that cops are whining so much about people videoing them.

It's good that the video showed exactly what happened. That's why I'm surprised that cops are whining so much about people videoing them.

Cops only "whine" when whoever is doing to filming is getting in the way of their duty. Fact is every time you get pulled over, you are being filmed and now most cops have body cams. I'd be willing to bet that videos have exonerated more cops than they've convicted.

Cops only "whine" when whoever is doing to filming is getting in the way of their duty. Fact is every time you get pulled over, you are being filmed and now most cops have body cams. I'd be willing to bet that videos have exonerated more cops than they've convicted.

I'm all for video. However, when cops refuse to do their jobs because they are afraid of being caught abusing their power, we have a problem. Those cops should be fired and replaced with cops that aren't as likely to break the law.

The problem I see as to why they don't like every tom, dick, and harry to film, is those same people do not catch an altercation from its beginning, and can give rise to false charges against themselves.

I'm all for video. However, when cops refuse to do their jobs because they are afraid of being caught abusing their power, we have a problem. Those cops should be fired and replaced with cops that aren't as likely to break the law.

Show me the evidence where cops have refused to do their job because they were being filmed.

The problem I see as to why they don't like every tom, dick, and harry to film, is those same people do not catch an altercation from its beginning, and can give rise to false charges against themselves.

Right. They don't want to take the chance that their inappropriate behavior is exposed. Sure, cops deal with people who do bad things that make them mad. It doesn't give them an excuse to break the law themselves. Behaving properly no matter what the bad guy did is part of the job. If they can't do that, they need another job.

Right. They don't want to take the chance that their inappropriate behavior is exposed. Sure, cops deal with people who do bad things that make them mad. It doesn't give them an excuse to break the law themselves. Behaving properly no matter what the bad guy did is part of the job. If they can't do that, they need another job.

Still waiting on you to support your claim that cops are refusing to do their job because someone is filming.

Cops are not paranoid about videos, per se, but about how easy it is to edit a video to make it look like a cop was doing something wrong when he wasn't.

Show me the evidence where cops have refused to do their job because they were being filmed.
‘YouTube effect’ has left police officers under siege, law enforcement leaders say

This is hilarious. First of all, the cops could not have known she was "Black" from the rear. But they could see that she's an idiot. What is the flapping arms all about? Does she honestly think that has any benefit as exercise? As stated above, the cops could use this as a training video of how to properly address someone doing something terribly stupid, without giving offense.

She's a DEPARTMENT HEAD? Jesus Freaking Christ!

‘YouTube effect’ has left police officers under siege, law enforcement leaders say

Big fail on your part.

From your link:

"That was the unifying — and controversial — theory reached Wednesday at a private meeting of more than 100 of the nation’s top law enforcement officers and politicians."

"There is no evidence of a broad retraction of police engagement with the public in major cities, and no participant in Wednesday’s summit presented a single example of lackluster policing that somehow contributed to a violent crime."

Big fail on your part.

From your link:

"That was the unifying — and controversial — theory reached Wednesday at a private meeting of more than 100 of the nation’s top law enforcement officers and politicians."

"There is no evidence of a broad retraction of police engagement with the public in major cities, and no participant in Wednesday’s summit presented a single example of lackluster policing that somehow contributed to a violent crime."

You tried really hard to find something to pick out to justify your claims, but not hard enough.

The idea that cops were backing off because of Videos

And you should have read a little further for your next example

There is no evidence of a broad retraction of police engagement with the public in major cities, and no participant in Wednesday’s summit presented a single example of lackluster policing that somehow contributed to a violent crime.

Rather, chiefs and elected officials spoke broadly of a changed atmosphere in major city police departments over the past year amid high-profile police-involved shootings and in-custody deaths that led to riots in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore.

Chiefs said patrol officers still do their jobs, clocking in and policing their beats. But fewer take extra steps such as confronting a group loitering on a sidewalk late at night that might glean intelligence or lead to arrests, for fear that any altercations that ensued would be uploaded to the Internet.

Big fail on your part.

From your link:

You tried really hard to find something to pick out to justify your claims, but not hard enough.

There is no evidence of a broad retraction of police engagement with the public in major cities, and no participant in Wednesday’s summit presented a single example of lackluster policing that somehow contributed to a violent crime.

Rather, chiefs and elected officials spoke broadly of a changed atmosphere in major city police departments over the past year amid high-profile police-involved shootings and in-custody deaths that led to riots in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore.

Chiefs said patrol officers still do their jobs, clocking in and policing their beats. But fewer take extra steps such as confronting a group loitering on a sidewalk late at night that might glean intelligence or lead to arrests, for fear that any altercations that ensued would be uploaded to the Internet.

Nothing in the article you posted stated that cops were refusing to do their jobs because of being video taped which was your claim.

" However, when cops refuse to do their jobs because they are afraid of being caught abusing their power, we have a problem".

They may take fewer extra steps, but they are not refusing to do their jobs.

Big fail on your part.

From your link:

Nothing in the article you posted stated that cops were refusing to do their jobs because of being video taped which was your claim.

" However, when cops refuse to do their jobs because they are afraid of being caught abusing their power, we have a problem".

Sorry, but when police chiefs and elected officials refer to the cops as "getting feral" because they fear a you tube video, we have a problem.

Big fail on your part.

From your link:

Sorry, but when police chiefs and elected officials refer to the cops as "getting feral" because they fear a you tube video, we have a problem.

"Getting feral" doesn't mean not doing their job.

Besides, feral refers to a wild state or resembling a wild animal and does nothing to support your claim.

Keep digging. The hole you're in keeps getting deeper and deeper.

Right...the .005% of bad cops.
Do you really think every tom, dick, and harry is just watching for cop encounters and start filming before a stop goes bad? Please.

Cameras will help both sides, IMO.

Thats only IF people accept the video and dont start with the oh so easy "What happened before that? What happened after that?" nonsense. Yes its nonsense because usually there is no video of before the video. And if it was they'd ask for video before the before video.

See the game? Its to ask for something that doesnt exist and when the thing that doesnt exist isnt given they start to make up reasons why the cop is right

Forum List

Back