Land of the Free? Home of the Brave?

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Not any more. And its depressing.
I see, every day, homeless people walking so slowly down the alley I live in, trudging along, stopping to look in big trash bins either looking for cans and bottles or something possibly to eat. Big huge bags slung over their shoulders, holding all that they own. Some, pushing grocery carts with all they own. Except those carts get taken away from them eventually.
It's sad. This is America. Homeless people everywhere. Veterans struggling. Citizens struggling. Rats begging for food when people that have money dine in a patio or even inside an eatery. Water scarce unless you have money. Heck, I watered down the front patio to cool it off (it's 102 so far..supposed to get hotter this next week), and a butterfly sat on my door mat sucking water out of it that I just hosed. Couple of bees were hanging on to the rim of the water bowl I keep outside for the possums, feral cats, and whatever else needs a drink.
Now imagine a homeless person trying to do the same thing.

What happened? Was it always this bad or is it only recently that the USA became a 3rd world country?

I am so blessed to have this little apt. I hate it here, but it beats being out there.

Some of the working class are overcompensated. Some are undercompensated. The mentally ill were put into institutions at one time. The most severe are not anymore. The social welfare system has been corrupted for decades with people abusing it. Social programs created to help people have a percentage of the funds going to people who use it for resources. Public schools reflect what the students and parents want. In bad areas students are not helped much at all by their one parent. Teachers control near everything and are a powerful fiefdom. So how do we spend all this money and have all these problems?

I see, every day, homeless people walking so slowly down the alley I live in, trudging along, stopping to look in big trash bins either looking for cans and bottles or something possibly to eat. Big huge bags slung over their shoulders, holding all that they own. Some, pushing grocery carts with all they own. Except those carts get taken away from them eventually.
It's sad. This is America. Homeless people everywhere. Veterans struggling. Citizens struggling. Rats begging for food when people that have money dine in a patio or even inside an eatery. Water scarce unless you have money. Heck, I watered down the front patio to cool it off (it's 102 so far..supposed to get hotter this next week), and a butterfly sat on my door mat sucking water out of it that I just hosed. Couple of bees were hanging on to the rim of the water bowl I keep outside for the possums, feral cats, and whatever else needs a drink.

What happened? Was it always this bad or is it only recently that the USA became a 3rd world country?
Where are you located if it's that hot? We're hot and dry here in Virginia...have been in the 90's! My garden is certainly feeling the effects.

Where are you located if it's that hot? We're hot and dry here in Virginia...have been in the 90's! My garden is certainly feeling the effects.
Central northern valley in California. It will get worse for the next few months. Fire season. Its awful. Hell, in November...the 8th to be exact....the Paradise fire happened. I was lucky to escape alive.

Fall is nice, though. And winter. And spring. Summers are dreadful tho.

Have you noticed there are no more hitchhikers?
We used to see them all the time in the spring and fall walking down I-10.
My guess is they found nirvana in california with all the free shit and nice weather.

My guess is they found nirvana in california with all the free shit and nice weather.
lol at the nice weather. Not for the past couple dozen years, anyway. And yeah..nobody trusts anyone any more hitchhiking. Hell, I used to do that in the 70's just for funzies cuz I had a car. It was more exciting hitching. Alas...crazies took over and now you get your ass killed if you get in a car with someone you don't know.

Well, you live in an alley, wtf do you expect?

Central northern valley in California. It will get worse for the next few months. Fire season. Its awful. Hell, in November...the 8th to be exact....the Paradise fire happened. I was lucky to escape alive.

Ugh....we hit 105 the other day here in Katy Tx just outside of Houston.
With 85% to 90% humidity it's brutal!!
I'm in the pool about every 30 minutes and forgo a towel just to stay wet longer.

Well, you live in an alley, wtf do you expect?
You missed the point.

• Funny
Reactions: Taz

I'm in the pool about every 30 minutes and forgo a towel just to stay wet longer.
Ha ha!! I use a spritzer on my face, then sit in front of the fan. And the AC going at all times. Even at night....like midnight? Its still 90 outside. 2 more months of this shit. Ack!!!

lol at the nice weather. Not for the past couple dozen years, anyway. And yeah..nobody trusts anyone any more hitchhiking. Hell, I used to do that in the 70's just for funzies cuz I had a car. It was more exciting hitching. Alas...crazies took over and now you get your ass killed if you get in a car with someone you don't know.

At least you dont have the high humidity and the nights cool down nicely.
When I did an offroad trip from vegas to southern California it was hot as hell during the day but it really didnt bother me.
Then came nightfall and it got down into the low forties,perfect sleeping weather!

Ha ha!! I use a spritzer on my face, then sit in front of the fan. And the AC going at all times. Even at night....like midnight? Its still 90 outside. 2 more months of this shit. Ack!!!

If you had the humidity we have it'd really suck!!!

40's? Not here and northern cali is cooler than southern cali supposedly. At around 3am it MIGHT get down to 85. Then we have the skeeter problem. Those things love me.:(

I regret buying our big house every summer.
With three central A/C units running day and night the electric bill gets as high as $1200 a month.

1594587645898.png

What you are seeing is the product of decades of neglect, of the "I got mine" culture. So many people do not give one damn for their communities, while everyone keeps talking about "religion" and how holy they are. I would like to see Donald and Melania Trump out there helping to National Capitol Area food bank or helping out in the area's food centers. Give to your local food bank. Volunteer if you are able. And yes! The animals need attention, too! Go with the bowl. I grew up in a household in which every leftover crust got placed i what was known as the "bird dish' which got thrown out onto the lawn. I live in a condo now, but at least the birds will find treats on my balcony.

Do for people and animals what you can. We are in hard times.

Wasn't always this bad. The 'Confederate' government mandated shut downs led to massive amounts of unemployment... the United States is currently under a full blown domestic terrorist attack, which includes a commercial attack, a chemical weapons attack, and actual paramilitary gangland attack done by bullets and guns.

And then there's the national coverup.

Forum List

Back