LAPD : We Can Harrass Citizens for asserting their Constitutional Rights"

I watched the tape. She simply ask a question and he acted like she was arresting him. She is correct she can order him out of the car and search it. Without probable cause she can't use the materials discovered in it but she can confiscate illegal materials.

His attitude caused this. All he had to do is respond to her question. I am not saying he has to tell her where he is going but a polite response would have avoided the whole thing.

Pay attention dude.

If the police stops an individual , he must ascertain whether

he is being detained

Yes? Miranda applies and he has the right to remain silent

No? Miranda DOES NOT APPLY so he must get the fuck out of there

So my friend HOW do you assert that right without appearing to be a dick?

The officer simply ask where they were going. How EXACTLY does that impact on a 5th amendment right? Be specific.

I watched the tape. She simply ask a question and he acted like she was arresting him. She is correct she can order him out of the car and search it. Without probable cause she can't use the materials discovered in it but she can confiscate illegal materials.

His attitude caused this. All he had to do is respond to her question. I am not saying he has to tell her where he is going but a polite response would have avoided the whole thing.

Pay attention dude.

he is being detained

You would be a dick.... You would get cops pissed your car searched your pot confiscated and for what ???? Practicing your rights is all good but being a huge cock bite is something else entirely.

Pay attention dude.

he is being detained

The officer simply ask where they were going. How EXACTLY does that impact on a 5th amendment right? Be specific.

Maybe they were going to the crack house?

The police can question, you do not have to answer.

If you are free to go, excuse yourself, get confirmation and leave.

D:"Am I free to go?"

O:"Yes, you are free to go. Where are you going?"

D:"Nowhere in particular, Thank you officer...have a nice day."

The police have a job to do...asking questions is a part of that job.

It is a trick they use, rushing into a question, there is no requirement for you to answer.

The officer has given you permission to go. That is the end of the interview.

Last edited:
Be polite. Ask the cop, "Am I free to go?" Never, ever let a cop in your house when he asks: it is as if they are vampires, they have to be invited in: say "no" and step squarely into the door then onto the porch and close the door. Also turn on the vid and audio devices. If a cop suspects he is being recorded, he will leave.

She is actually incorrect. If she had ordered him out of the car he would have been able to sue the city for harassment, and win.

Pay attention dude.

he is being detained

The right to remain silent applies even if you don't understand how it works.

No, a cop can tell you to get out of the car, and you will never win a harassment suit.

Simply put her on the spot. Ask her politely, "Am I free to go?"

No, a cop can tell you to get out of the car, and you will never win a harassment suit.

Simply put her on the spot. Ask her politely, "Am I free to go?"

Apparently you didn't watch the video, the cop threatened to harass him, and admitted, on tape, that it would have been an illegal search.

He would have won.

Forum List

Back