Largest Issue Facing the US Economy?

We have to find a way to get the bottom off the bottom. That means getting the lowest paid, the ones with no pay, and the underemployed generating a profit for this country. There are programs with a positive return on investment and why we don't implement those programs I have no clue.

Unemployment and underemployment. And income inequality.
Unless those things are addressed, only the wealthy will do well. And the National Debt, can anyone find a time when it got better (as a percentage of gnp) without low unemployment levels???

People are dealing with so many things with today's economy. For example; Obamacare, Healthcare and environmental/natural resources such as gas and oil. People will not want to pay more than what they can afford. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
the minimum wage is rising, which will decrease jobs and create more of an issue for income inequality.

I disagree. We had a better economy when our minimum wage had more spending power and the highest tax rate was 70%. Obviously, it's not the mw causing the job losses, especially since it's the minimum wage jobs (the service industry) that's growing in our country while the other jobs are going away.

Fact: the American people are better off now than in Bush's last months in office.

Fact: that is not nearly good enough.

Fact: dems and pubs have to get a jobs bill out and a carrot and stick incentive to American businesses to bring jobs back to America.

Fact: the American people are better off now than in Bush's last months in office.

Fact: that is not nearly good enough.

Fact: dems and pubs have to get a jobs bill out and a carrot and stick incentive to American businesses to bring jobs back to America.

I agree, but it'll never happen. They already spent too many of our tax dollars sending them overseas.

The biggest issue i see is the the U.S. relies so heavily on other countries and powers to even have what we call this countries economy today.

Forum List

Back