Last shower replacement of 2020

View attachment 435559

Not a fan of the black granite on the floor. Too many colors & styles in a small area. The metal on the wall is cool though.
My design ideas were pretty much ignored on this one but they like it so that's all that matters.
Very good installation of bad design choices.

Me, I can't stand a dark shower.
Excellent observation. I do LOVE the main tile choice and think it is very unique. Having something different than everyone else is cool.
I told him to get "spotlight" leds and point them at the copper wall. I doubt he listens
The main tile choice is nice. If I was going to use that, I'd have replaced the copper accent and the bottom with white tile to brighten it up. And if I'd used the copper, I'd have replaced the big tiles with white.

But I didn't write no checks on this job, so I don't get a say. :)

View attachment 435559

Not a fan of the black granite on the floor. Too many colors & styles in a small area. The metal on the wall is cool though.
My design ideas were pretty much ignored on this one but they like it so that's all that matters.

Excellent observation. I do LOVE the main tile choice and think it is very unique. Having something different than everyone else is cool.
I told him to get "spotlight" leds and point them at the copper wall. I doubt he listens
The main tile choice is nice. If I was going to use that, I'd have replaced the copper accent and the bottom with white tile to brighten it up. And if I'd used the copper, I'd have replaced the big tiles with white.

Different strokes for different folks. No way I would have incorporated white. I do have some that have a stark contrast but white wouldn't fly with that tile. Hard to tell from photos I know.

The ceiling looks like shit
Its not done. Hung and taped. No stomp or paint. Most plumbers do not include drywall in estimate. Many times done by someone else. I avoid drywall when ever I can. Finishing monotonous as hell. In middle of rehab where I did it. Cost over runs. Divorce to be final in a few weeks though. Assets un frozen then. Really looking forward to having money again.
You're going through a divorce?

Sympathies if so. I've been through two. The first hurt beyond belief but the second was a godsend
My first but it should have ended long ago. I was trying to get through long enough to get my youngest out of the house. I fell a little short. While the divorce is not finalized I have not laid eyes on her in four years. I am long over emotional hurt. Have experienced plenty of financial hurt from it though. I have not had the money for expensive toys since the separation and freezing of financials but I just went to work for people with the toys and have been able to borrow. My life style really did not Change much. I hunt,fish, and gamble more now. Soon to have full freedom. I will be fine. Thanks for your concern though it's appreciated.

View attachment 435559

Different strokes for different folks. No way I would have incorporated white. I do have some that have a stark contrast but white wouldn't fly with that tile. Hard to tell from photos I know.
White, cream, a light gray -- something to lighten it up.

Forum List

Back