Last shower replacement of 2020

Sorry Grandma Andace, I'm just not feelin' the love. Also, don't use fish eye on your camera, It makes your ceiling and floor look really crooked.

The ceiling looks like shit
Its not done. Hung and taped. No stomp or paint. Most plumbers do not include drywall in estimate. Many times done by someone else. I avoid drywall when ever I can. Finishing monotonous as hell. In middle of rehab where I did it. Cost over runs. Divorce to be final in a few weeks though. Assets un frozen then. Really looking forward to having money again.

Sorry Grandma Andace, I'm just not feelin' the love. Also, don't use fish eye on your camera, It makes your ceiling and floor look really crooked.
No clue what fish eye means.

And the pics aren't for adulation. They are to give others insight into my life so I'm not just some troll on the internet.

And it isn't my fault some customers don't listen to design ideas. Money is money so I do what they want and bite my tongue

Its not done. Hung and taped. No stomp or paint. Most plumbers do not include drywall in estimate. Many times done by someone else. I avoid drywall when ever I can. Finishing monotonous as hell. In middle of rehab where I did it. Cost over runs. Divorce to be final in a few weeks though. Assets un frozen then. Really looking forward to having money again.
You're going through a divorce?

Sympathies if so. I've been through two. The first hurt beyond belief but the second was a godsend

View attachment 435559

Not a fan of the black granite on the floor. Too many colors & styles in a small area. The metal on the wall is cool though.
My design ideas were pretty much ignored on this one but they like it so that's all that matters.

That's a nice job!
Thank you

Kind of ugly honestly because of the shower pan. It clashes with everything in the bathroom except the new shower valve which is also black.

The grout looks whiteish/grey but thats only because it hasn't cured. All of it is charcoal/black.

Ceiling needs to be a sheet of 18-20 ga. 304 mirror stainless. Just install with contact cement
The ceiling and pan should have been the decorative tile/metal but because they chose metal it is not acceptable as a flooring material.
This job was a rescue and the deco wall wasn't supposed to be like that but you know DIY'ers never think ahead. He bought the tile years ago and it was no longer available. His math led him to believe he had enough. He was 24 sq ft short lol.
He was like, "But I counted the tiles" and I was like "WASTE" is a thing

View attachment 435559

Not a fan of the black granite on the floor. Too many colors & styles in a small area. The metal on the wall is cool though.
My design ideas were pretty much ignored on this one but they like it so that's all that matters.

That's a nice job!
Thank you

Kind of ugly honestly because of the shower pan. It clashes with everything in the bathroom except the new shower valve which is also black.

The grout looks whiteish/grey but thats only because it hasn't cured. All of it is charcoal/black.

I was commenting on the workmanship only, not the design choices of the customer....who is clearly batshit insane!

View attachment 435559

That's a nice job!
Thank you

I was commenting on the workmanship only, not the design choices of the customer....who is clearly batshit insane!
Whats that saying?

The customer is always right.......

Yeah....um......

Hope everything works out!
I know how that crap can be...

Amen

My first Divorce was harder on me than just about everything but prison.

Sucks balls

Amen

Sucks balls
Yep. But its over.
Now I'm looking for the next woman that will ruin my life

Amen

Sucks balls
Yep. But its over.
Now I'm looking for the next woman that will ruin my life
My oldest daughter moved back in on a temporary basis after a bad break up......9 YEARS AGO....LOL

Honestly at this point I'd be lost without her in the house. She has the entire basement and I'm upstairs.
Works out pretty well except on my heavy drinking nights. Then her ceiling dances all night for no reason.

View attachment 435559

Very good installation of bad design choices.

Me, I can't stand a dark shower.

View attachment 435559

Very good installation of bad design choices.

Me, I can't stand a dark shower.
Excellent observation. I do LOVE the main tile choice and think it is very unique. Having something different than everyone else is cool.
I told him to get "spotlight" leds and point them at the copper wall. I doubt he listens

Forum List

Back