Republicans: Stop the Trash Talk. Character attacks or personal insults are not winning strategies.

Here's the thing: Both Biden and Harris have been awful in office, promote awful policies, and have made awful statements in the past. Of course, they deny ALL of this, so pointing out their profound awfulness is something that must be done.

Because the Media love both of them, the Media tries to characterize and present awfulness-pointing as "attacks," but that is manifestly not the case. Truthful "negative campaigning" is perfectly ethical and appropriate.

Telling LIES about your opponents is not OK. Far from it. But this is all the Left has in their figurative quiver, because both Trump and Vance are right on all the issues, and in Trump's case was incredibly successful in office despite aggressive opposition from the Usual Suspects who control everything else in our society and culture.

Telling Trump and Vance to be nice is not helpful.
Opinions are not facts.

wrong, what he said is 100% true. it's you that is brainwashed by left wing media.

Thereis evidence that proves how Biden and Harris have actually done a very good job. Don't need to read the left wing media, all one has to do is look at the policies that have been enacted.

Synthaholic gives a thumbs down.

What is weird is that Sununu is an person with a history of being elected. Syth is a person with a history of posting lame and attention seeking comments on a failing, anonymous message board. (pardon the harsh observation)

Sarcasm takes a certain IQ to get, it is not your fault you missed it

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.

Don't worry. It's not possible to knock sense into a Republican or a conservative. They're closed off to reality.

that the dems and media have been posting lies about Trump for 8 years is fact, not opinion, and you fricken well know it.
Its an opinion that is not supported by facts. The facts show that Trump violated laws as well as his constitutional duty as president.

Let us first give Trump credit. He was elected president because his people ran the numbers. Then they ran an outstanding campaign based on those numbers. It was a divide and conquer strategy. Driven by fear, fueled by hate, Trump would have described it as a beautiful strategy. It wasn't. It was ugly. It was short term thinking. It was damaging. It will take a generation for this country to recover, if we are even able to do it.

Leadership is not about dividing the population, pitting your charges against each other. Rather it is a nation, a business, or cub scout pack, leadership is about bringing people together. It is about building a team.

Can Harris do that? The book remains open, but I don't believe she can. Biden could not do it. He might have been successful before Trump, but the damage Trump left behind might be insurmountable for even the most accomplished leader.

Bush Jr. is the perfect example of a real leader. After 9/11 he posted a 90% approval rating. The highest in recorded history. Sure, he had the tragedy of 9/11 to leverage. But Trump had Covid, he could have used that to bring the country together, he failed.

Bush Jr. was a likable guy. It is the famous beer test. Would you enjoy sitting down and having a beer with him.

The above link is quite illuminating. I suggest focusing on one column in the chart concerning approval ratings, lowest disapproval rating. A true measure of bringing the country together. For Trump, that number is 45%. I mean talk about crunching the numbers. Trump divided this country for a five percent margin. Might be OK in the world of commercial real estate, a huge failure when it comes to running a nation.

For Bush Jr. it was 6%. But I used him as an example of a great leader because he is more recent, and he was a Republican. The lowest number in that chart, Johnson, a stunning two percent immediately following the assassination of Kennedy. I have consistently maintained that Johnson will go down as the greatest president of modern times. Ironic since I don't think he could pass the beer test. He was a notorious asshole.

Jimmy Carter hit 8%, isn't that surprising? But he seriously passes the beer test. Of the modern presidents, he is top of the list for the beer test, famously described by Greg Allman. Showed up at Carter's compound in the middle of the night. Carter gets out of bed and breaks out the good bourbon. They have a great time. That is real leadership.

This nation desperately needs a leader of the caliber of Carter, or Bush Jr.. Johnson or even Truman. But at this point, the very system itself prevents a leader of that caliber even showing up. We have to fix the system.

please fuk off with your obsession.

Go start an "I hate Sununu" thread and jerk off to it.
I'm sorry, but Sununu deserves no respect here as when it came down to brass tacks, he, like Haley, pledged to vote for Trump to save their political futures.
Cowardice. Like most Republicans. When it comes down to kissing the ring for self preservation...they'll forget about their moral objections to the man. Because in
the end, if you follow Cheney's or Kinzinger's path, you're exiled and written off. We'll see what happens to Pence. He has Christians in his camp and Trump love his
Christians....so Republicans probably don't want to piss that particular group of voters off by targeting a fellow holy roller. :)

So, it is your claim that in 4 years Trump never once tweeted something that was not true?

Not even once?
sarcasm and hyperbole are not untruths, they are a form of humor, it's sad that none of you lefties understand humor. your world must be very boring and depressing.

sarcasm and hyperbole are not untruths, they are a form of humor, it's sad that none of you lefties understand humor. your world must be very boring and depressing.

You did not answer the question.

So, it is your claim that in 4 years Trump never once tweeted something that was not true?

Not even once?

A simple yes or no will do.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.
You fucktards don't seem to have a problem with doing the exact same shit. Goebbels would be proud.

Forum List

Back