Republicans: Stop the Trash Talk. Character attacks or personal insults are not winning strategies.

Let us first give Trump credit. He was elected president because his people ran the numbers. Then they ran an outstanding campaign based on those numbers. It was a divide and conquer strategy. Driven by fear, fueled by hate, Trump would have described it as a beautiful strategy. It wasn't. It was ugly. It was short term thinking. It was damaging. It will take a generation for this country to recover, if we are even able to do it.

Leadership is not about dividing the population, pitting your charges against each other. Rather it is a nation, a business, or cub scout pack, leadership is about bringing people together. It is about building a team.

Can Harris do that? The book remains open, but I don't believe she can. Biden could not do it. He might have been successful before Trump, but the damage Trump left behind might be insurmountable for even the most accomplished leader.

Bush Jr. is the perfect example of a real leader. After 9/11 he posted a 90% approval rating. The highest in recorded history. Sure, he had the tragedy of 9/11 to leverage. But Trump had Covid, he could have used that to bring the country together, he failed.

Bush Jr. was a likable guy. It is the famous beer test. Would you enjoy sitting down and having a beer with him.

The above link is quite illuminating. I suggest focusing on one column in the chart concerning approval ratings, lowest disapproval rating. A true measure of bringing the country together. For Trump, that number is 45%. I mean talk about crunching the numbers. Trump divided this country for a five percent margin. Might be OK in the world of commercial real estate, a huge failure when it comes to running a nation.

For Bush Jr. it was 6%. But I used him as an example of a great leader because he is more recent, and he was a Republican. The lowest number in that chart, Johnson, a stunning two percent immediately following the assassination of Kennedy. I have consistently maintained that Johnson will go down as the greatest president of modern times. Ironic since I don't think he could pass the beer test. He was a notorious asshole.

Jimmy Carter hit 8%, isn't that surprising? But he seriously passes the beer test. Of the modern presidents, he is top of the list for the beer test, famously described by Greg Allman. Showed up at Carter's compound in the middle of the night. Carter gets out of bed and breaks out the good bourbon. They have a great time. That is real leadership.

This nation desperately needs a leader of the caliber of Carter, or Bush Jr.. Johnson or even Truman. But at this point, the very system itself prevents a leader of that caliber even showing up. We have to fix the system.
Bush Jr was no leader. He used his daddys buddies from the Reagan administration and Dick Cheney was the real president.

I'm sorry, but Sununu deserves no respect here as when it came down to brass tacks, he, like Haley, pledged to vote for Trump to save their political futures.
Cowardice. Like most Republicans. When it comes down to kissing the ring for self preservation...they'll forget about their moral objections to the man. Because in
the end, if you follow Cheney's or Kinzinger's path, you're exiled and written off. We'll see what happens to Pence. He has Christians in his camp and Trump love his
Christians....so Republicans probably don't want to piss that particular group of voters off by targeting a fellow holy roller. :)
Respect?

discussing campaign tactics and strategies, one has to respect others in order to do so.

Demonizing Sununu is one thing, but it gets people nowhere here in this thread. Not sure what the relative point is, if any. Sununu = bad? Okay. Not sure how that addresses what he has written.

Let us first give Trump credit. He was elected president because his people ran the numbers. Then they ran an outstanding campaign based on those numbers. It was a divide and conquer strategy. Driven by fear, fueled by hate, Trump would have described it as a beautiful strategy. It wasn't. It was ugly. It was short term thinking. It was damaging. It will take a generation for this country to recover, if we are even able to do it.

Leadership is not about dividing the population, pitting your charges against each other. Rather it is a nation, a business, or cub scout pack, leadership is about bringing people together. It is about building a team.

Can Harris do that? The book remains open, but I don't believe she can. Biden could not do it. He might have been successful before Trump, but the damage Trump left behind might be insurmountable for even the most accomplished leader.

Bush Jr. is the perfect example of a real leader. After 9/11 he posted a 90% approval rating. The highest in recorded history. Sure, he had the tragedy of 9/11 to leverage. But Trump had Covid, he could have used that to bring the country together, he failed.

Bush Jr. was a likable guy. It is the famous beer test. Would you enjoy sitting down and having a beer with him.

The above link is quite illuminating. I suggest focusing on one column in the chart concerning approval ratings, lowest disapproval rating. A true measure of bringing the country together. For Trump, that number is 45%. I mean talk about crunching the numbers. Trump divided this country for a five percent margin. Might be OK in the world of commercial real estate, a huge failure when it comes to running a nation.

For Bush Jr. it was 6%. But I used him as an example of a great leader because he is more recent, and he was a Republican. The lowest number in that chart, Johnson, a stunning two percent immediately following the assassination of Kennedy. I have consistently maintained that Johnson will go down as the greatest president of modern times. Ironic since I don't think he could pass the beer test. He was a notorious asshole.

Jimmy Carter hit 8%, isn't that surprising? But he seriously passes the beer test. Of the modern presidents, he is top of the list for the beer test, famously described by Greg Allman. Showed up at Carter's compound in the middle of the night. Carter gets out of bed and breaks out the good bourbon. They have a great time. That is real leadership.

This nation desperately needs a leader of the caliber of Carter, or Bush Jr.. Johnson or even Truman. But at this point, the very system itself prevents a leader of that caliber even showing up. We have to fix the system.
not about dividing the population? WTF do you think the dems and the media have been doing for a very long time? its called divide and conquer, and you libs have fallen for it big time.

you cite Truman, that man would not be a democrat if he was alive today, neither would Kennedy, and probably neither would Carter. as to LBJ he was the most corrupt of all presidents plus being a personal slime ball and pervert. He once on AF one walked out nude and started shaking his dick at the female reporters on the plane. Kamala would have liked him.

Respect?

discussing campaign tactics and strategies, one has to respect others in order to do so.

Demonizing Sununu is one thing, but it gets people nowhere here in this thread. Not sure what the relative point is, if any. Sununu = bad? Okay. Not sure how that addresses what he has written.
I'm not demonizing him. He's been my governor for years now. I voted for him..twice. He handled COVID well. But when it came down to actually going on record to renounce Trump..he didn't. The point is, I'm not going to give any credence to what Sununu says or thinks.

You did not answer the question.

So, it is your claim that in 4 years Trump never once tweeted something that was not true?

Not even once?

A simple yes or no will do.
No, he did not, sarcasm is not untruth. it is humor, that you don't get it does not make it untrue.

Bush Jr was no leader. He used his daddys buddies from the Reagan administration and Dick Cheney was the real president.
You could not be more wrong. Did Cheney run the show? Well yes, probably so. Just like Vance will run the show if Trump returns to the White House. But once again, leadership is not about running the show. It really isn't. Leadership is about bringing people together, period. That plays out in the business world. Most of the time, the CEO doesn't run the show, the FMO usually runs the show. The CEO brings people together.

You could not be more wrong. Did Cheney run the show? Well yes, probably so. Just like Vance will run the show if Trump returns to the White House. But once again, leadership is not about running the show. It really isn't. Leadership is about bringing people together, period. That plays out in the business world. Most of the time, the CEO doesn't run the show, the FMO usually runs the show. The CEO brings people together.
somewhat correct, however, the president or CEO sets the tone and policy, the rest implement it.

Bush was no leader. He was led by Cheney to make one of the biggest mistakes in our history by starting a war in Iraq for no reason. If trump gets back in the white house he won't be letting Vance run anything. Trump is a micromanager and Vance is unqualified to be in the position he is in.

not about dividing the population? WTF do you think the dems and the media have been doing for a very long time? its called divide and conquer, and you libs have fallen for it big time.

you cite Truman, that man would not be a demoat if he was alive today, neither would Kennedy, and probably neither would Carter. as to LBJ he was the most corrupt of all presidents plus being a personal slime ball and pervert. He once on AF one walked out nude and started shaking his dick at the female reporters on the plane. Kamala would have liked him.
Like I said, Johnson was an asshole.

you cite Truman, that man would not be a democrat if he was alive today, neither would Kennedy, and probably neither would Carter. as to LBJ he was the most corrupt of all presidents plus being a personal slime ball and pervert. He once on AF one walked out nude and started shaking his dick at the female reporters on the plane. Kamala would have liked him.
Like I said, Johnson was a notorious asshole. But the numbers don't lie. And it is a reflection of what it takes to be a great leader. Sometimes, you have to be an asshole to get things done.

Look, I am not talking out of my ass. First, I actually have a degree, in leadership. But more importantly, I have a long resume of building outstanding teams across multiple industries. Nationally ranked, record breaking numbers, I am in high demand and will never have to search for a job.

Asshole? Yes, that is me, when I have to be. Doesn't happen often, I don't like it, but sometimes, if you are a leader, you have to be an asshole. And that degree, well it is just a piece of paper. It means nothing. The reality is I was born a leader. Not because of me, but because of my father, a legendary leader in this area, and he instilled in me leadership skills from the moment I took my first breath.

Trump is no leader. Harris is no leader. Like I said, the system itself precludes a real leader from even showing up.

Bush was no leader. He was led by Cheney to make one of the biggest mistakes in our history by starting a war in Iraq for no reason. If trump gets back in the white house he won't be letting Vance run anything. Trump is a micromanager and Vance is unqualified to be in the position he is in.
Again, the numbers do not lie. Bush brought this country together. There is no argument.

No, he did not, sarcasm is not untruth. it is humor, that you don't get it does not make it untrue.

Ok, so what are you wiling to wager on this?

If in the next 30 minutes I can show you one out right lie, you leave the board for a month, if I cannot, I will.

You willing?

If in the next 30 minutes I can show you one out right lie, you leave the board for a month, if I cannot, I will.

You willing?
sure, but let's make it a year. and the alleged lie must be proven by facts and you must post the facts and source

I probably shouldn't be sharing this here. This could knock some sense into Republicans who influence campaigns and who might visit here. But I'll take that risk in the spirit of comity.

As a Republican governor who has won four elections in a purple state, I’ve learned a thing or two about how to win. As Donald Trump and my fellow Republicans navigate the next steps of their campaigns, my message to them is this: The path to victory in November is not won through character attacks or personal insults.

In fact, those attacks are unlikely to bring a single new voter onboard. Catchy one-liners — calling Vice President Harris a “bum,” “not a serious person” and “bottom of the barrel” — might rile up the base, but they do little to connect with independent voters needed to close the deal in November.

Independent voters are independent for a reason. They are not driven to the polls by personal attacks. Candidates need to give them a reason to turn out and vote. What solutions are you going to provide that will make life better for them, their family and their community? This election will likely be a coin toss, and whoever turns out these voters will be well positioned to win.
Kamala Harris attacks trump and Vance

So just like a lib

You want to have it both ways

sure, but let's make it a year. and the alleged lie must be proven by facts and you must post the facts and source

See ya in a year...

“This now allows for the passage of large scale Tax Cuts (and Reform), which will be the biggest in the history of our country!”
— President Trump, in a tweet, Oct. 20, 2017

Verdict: It is not the biggest tax cut in US history, measured as either a percentage of US GDP or in absolute terms.

You willing?

You realize he will not honor any bets he loses, don't you?

Screenshot_20240801_113133_Samsung Internet.jpg

Forum List

Back