🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Latest News From Syria

At least when Assad is gone, al-Nusra and the FSA will be well armed to settle who's in charge...
:eusa_eh:
Syrian Jihadist Fighters Getting Western Weapons
March 25, 2013 - A Syrian rebel group the Obama administration considers a terrorist organization is managing to obtain modern anti-tank weapons meant for other groups fighting to oust President Bashar al-Assad, according to regional experts.
The Jihadist Jabhat al-Nusra militia is managing to secure weapons being supplied by Saudi Arabia and Qatar to rebel brigades affiliated to the Free Syrian Army, the experts say. The Obama administration considers al-Nusra a terrorist organization because of suspected links with al-Qaida. The weapons include the Croatian-made M79 portable 90 mm anti-tank gun and M60 recoilless anti-tank weapons. Regional experts say Saudi Arabia and Qatar had been supplying such weapons to rebel units more acceptable to the West, mainly secular or nationalist-focused groups such as the Free Syrian Army (FSA) brigades fighting to oust the Assad government.

http://gdb.voanews.com/447D5712-EA66-4B83-BC24-06617268CAEE_w640_r1_s.jpg[/img
Syria's al-Nusra rebels posted this photo of its fighters using an M-60 anti-tank weapons March 24.

Croatian-made weapons

According to the experts, the weapons are now appearing in the hands of al-Nusra fighters in videos posted by group on Jihadist websites. In February, the New York Times first reported that the Saudis were supplying Syrian rebels with arms bought from Croatia. The supply operation was prompted by the fear in the West, and among Gulf allies, that Jihadist groups were better equipped than other rebel units and were increasingly able to dominate the anti-Assad movement.

The newspaper reported Monday that U.S. Central Intelligence Agency consultants were helping Arab nations and Turkey in getting heavy weapons to the Syrian rebels despite Washington’s public stance against supplying such weapons itself. Citing air traffic data and interviews with unnamed officials and rebel commanders, the Times said the weapons airlift to the rebels had grown to include more than 160 military flights by Jordanian, Saudi and Qatari cargo planes landing at Esenboga Airport near Ankara, and at other Turkish and Jordanian airports.

Reports of CIA assistance

Croatian weaponry believed to be part of those airlifts had been seen being used earlier this year by other Jihadist groups fighting in Syria, but al-Nusra videos posted on the internet this weekend showed for the first time their fighters using the M79 and M60 antitank weapons. “Neither of these weapons are locally available, either from the black market or looted from the Syrian army because they don't have them,” said British-based weapons researcher, Eliot Higgins, who first spotted the videos. “That's what made them so easy to track; they stand out like sore thumbs in Syria.”

Since announcing its formation in Syria in early 2012, Jabhat al-Nusra has grown rapidly and is considered one of the most effective forces opposing the Assad government. The rise of al-Nusra, which has homegrown fighters in its ranks as well foreign jihadists drawn from elsewhere in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia, has complicated Western considerations about whether and how to supply arms to the Syrian rebels.

[url=http://www.voanews.com/content/syria-rebels-weapons/1628351.html][b]British and French want stepped-up shipments[/b][/url][/quote]

See also:

[b]UN to Temporarily Relocate Some Staff from Syria[/b]
[i]March 25, 2013 — The United Nations said Monday it is relocating about 50 of its international personnel from the Syrian capital after mortars fell near their hotel.[/i]
[quote]
U.N. Spokesman Martin Nesirky told reporters that a number of mortar shells fell near the Damascus hotel housing U.N. staff on Sunday and Monday. He said there was damage to the building and some cars, including a U.N. vehicle. The United Nation’s Department of Security assessed the situation and decided some personnel should be temporarily moved out of the country for safety reasons. Those staffers are with the office of Joint Special Representative Lakhdar Brahimi, who has been trying to find a political solution to the Syrian crisis for several months.

Nesirky said the move is strictly for security reasons. “We are temporarily relocating some of the U.N. international staff in Syria out of the country. As part of that effort, most of the Damascus-based staff of the Office of the Joint Special Representative for Syria are being temporarily relocated to Beirut and the Joint Special Representative's main office in Cairo. All of the national staff of that office have been asked to work from home, until further notice,” Nesirky said. He said the United Nations would continue to help the Syrian people work towards a political solution to the two-year old crisis and he noted that the U.N.’s humanitarian work assisting millions of Syrians would continue. The U.N. says it has about 100 international and 800 national staff inside Syria.

Separately, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said last week he plans to launch an investigation into the possible use of chemical weapons inside Syria. Ban said the investigation’s initial focus will be the Syrian government’s March 19 allegation that rebels used chemical weapons near Aleppo. Britain and France wrote the U.N. chief last week asking him to investigate three other incidents in which they believe the government used chemical agents. While not directly saying those incidents would be investigated, he asked those two governments to provide more information and said he would remain “mindful of other allegations”.

Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin dismissed the Western allegations Monday, saying that many political goals are being pursued in Syria. “We see that letter [from Britain and France] as nothing else as an effort at diversion, in order to delay and possibly derail an investigation of the March 19 incident. We believe that the allegation which was made by the Syrian government is the only credible allegation of the use of chemical weapons in the course of the crisis,” Churkin said. Churkin also said that his government wanted the United Nations to include Russian experts in their chemical weapons investigation, but had been rebuffed by the Secretariat. Moscow has remained very close to the government in Damascus throughout the two-year-long crisis.

[url=http://www.voanews.com/content/syria-un-withdrawal/1628331.html]UN to Temporarily Relocate Some Staff from Syria[/url][/quote]

"THE LATEST NEWS FROM SYRIA"

...the usual news. lawless islamic radicals and rebels running amuck. we know their sick infighting is spilling into israel. what to do ?

oh, let's send in outside troops to help the good guys of syria !!

navy.gif

THE REBELS:
4thDoctormad.gif

THE RADICALS:
4thDoctormad.gif

THE "REST:"
4thDoctormad.gif

FOOTNOTE: no say in ANYTHING:
veil_teacher_muslim.jpg

Israel made the right decision to just stay out of Syria's internal affairs now with over 70,000 massacred by their own poeple in their own country. let us pry the USA does the same. To support either side is to support terrorists.

QUOTE=member;7007554]

...the usual news. lawless islamic radicals and rebels running amuck. we know their sick infighting is spilling into israel. what to do ?

navy.gif

THE REBELS:
4thDoctormad.gif

THE RADICALS:
4thDoctormad.gif

4thDoctormad.gif

veil_teacher_muslim.jpg
[/QUOTE]

navy.gif

THE REBELS:
4thDoctormad.gif

THE RADICALS:
4thDoctormad.gif

4thDoctormad.gif

veil_teacher_muslim.jpg
It really is difficult to know which side to stick up for -- Assad's bunch or the Islamist rebels.

Syria's Shiites offer different picture of war - latimes.com

a) "Or, just mind our own business."

i.e., outside military involvement ? (sounds good to me).

b) "Who really cares?"

the good people of the earth, can't turn a blind-eye ? this is what we have to do on this planet. what's going on there-we can't even imagine or comprehend (the living hell).

we have to care somewhat - but, i'm against arming any of them, sending in "foreign troops" - besides, we now know (the US) has been
fluisteren.gif
secretly doing something under-the table- with the syrian rebels/radicals/and the rest....at some secret, undisclosed location.....

Last edited:
Syria Chemical Attack Reports Leave Open Question Of Who Did It
Your link is 8 days old. As usual you pray and rail as long as Muslims are killing each other to your delight, now I understand the Israeli mind-set of delightful deaths, and why they can persecute an unarmed civilian population for 65 years..

Assad should enter Israeli Politics.

One would think that by now you would understand MJB's sarcasm. Are you half-retarded?? :cuckoo:

Your link is 8 days old. As usual you pray and rail as long as Muslims are killing each other to your delight, now I understand the Israeli mind-set of delightful deaths, and why they can persecute an unarmed civilian population for 65 years..

Does anyone really think that Phillip cares about the people being killed in Muslim countries? He just is here to blame those terrible Jews, and that is what his mind set is all about. Meanwhile. Phillip, if you think MJB is an Israeli, can we think that you are really a Pakistani who delights in the suicide bombings committed by the Sunnis?

Does anyone really think that Phillip cares about the people being killed in Muslim countries? He just is here to blame those terrible Jews, and that is what his mind set is all about. Meanwhile. Phillip, if you think MJB is an Israeli, can we think that you are really a Pakistani who delights in the suicide bombings committed by the Sunnis?

MJ is a dual citizen, I bet...And you DF Hick, why not just go in your out-house for dinner?

Last edited:

MJ is a dual citizen, I bet...And you DF Hick, why not just go in your out-house for dinner?
You really are a silly man, Phillip. There are so few Jews in the U.S. who have signed up to also be citizens of Israel. Check with the Israeli consulate in your own town. As far as outhouses, Phillip, I think that is where Boston Village idiots go for their favorite repast when they don't get the load of manure delivered to them from the local zoo. Do you put a little oregano on it, Phillip?

You really are a silly man, Phillip. There are so few Jews in the U.S. who have signed up to also be citizens of Israel. Check with the Israeli consulate in your own town. As far as outhouses, Phillip, I think that is where Boston Village idiots go for their favorite repast when they don't get the load of manure delivered to them from the local zoo. Do you put a little oregano on it, Phillip?

I'm really sorry, but the very sight of Hosshiite for a screen-name makes me uncontrollably laugh my innards...even your Hossfly handle is enough to invoke thoughts of a dumb hick hired by Mossad to sling mud...Tell us Hosshiite, do you hate Muslims? Tell the truth, for once in your life. Is that why you constantly post hate like it was a Southern Baptist prayer?

You don't know one human being from another simple minded hater who offers no solutions because you have nothing but your hate to sustain you.

I'm really sorry, but the very sight of Hosshiite for a screen-name makes me uncontrollably laugh my innards...even your Hossfly handle is enough to invoke thoughts of a dumb hick hired by Mossad to sling mud...Tell us Hosshiite, do you hate Muslims? Tell the truth, for once in your life. Is that why you constantly post hate like it was a Southern Baptist prayer?

You don't know one human being from another simple minded hater who offers no solutions because you have nothing but your hate to sustain you.
Where do you go to dream up all this drivel?

Latest News From Syria

Who cares?

Latest News From America

No more American lives to protect Israeli interests.
Actually Huggy wanted to say that he desires America to help Al Qaeda, the Taliban and all the rest of those terrorist groups. Way to go, Huggy.

Answer the question, Hosshiite: Do you sling mud because you simply Hate Muslims on these boards? A simple question.

Answer the question, Hosshiite: Do you sling mud because you simply Hate Muslims on these boards? A simple question.
A simple ? from a simpleton. Where do you see that?

Forum List

Back