Law enforcement! To protect and serve?

ThatDude30

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Police Officers, "To protect and serve". I disagree with that statement. I don't see them serving or protecting, all I see with local law enforcement is, under trained, unprofessional young adults who got picked on and bullied in high school. There is a kid who became an officer that I went to school with, and he got picked on everyday. The problem with that is, do they have a personal vendetta? The people who picked on him throughout high school, even though they were wrong for doing that, say it seems like the officer is out to get them. To me these officers that got bullied in high school seem to be trying to prove something and just causing unnecessary trouble by looking for any little thing and make it a big problem. I have see it with my own eyes.
Police officers just harass and stir up trouble. They cuss at you, treat you bad, and don't care or want to listen to what you have to say. I know people that get extremely nervous when pulled over by an officer, and they never did anything wrong. No record, no traffic violations, never been arrested, and don't have anything illegal in their car. I don't think its right that Police Officers are putting fear into innocent people. Its pretty bad when everyone trys to avoid officers, who are suppose to be there to protect and serve, and wouldn't ask them for help even if their life depended on it. You might actually need their help but afraid to call them because they will look for a reason to arrest you.
I read an article awhile back and did you know that police officers are allowed to lie to citizens? The actually go through a course to teach how to affectively lie to us? But god forbid we lie to them its a big problem.
Last thing I got to say is that it just seems like you are guilty until you are proven innocent not innocent until proven guilty.

You're welcome ...

good-guy-cop-vancouver-washington.jpg

Did it feel better to get that off your chest?

Dunno if all police officers were picked on in school, but I do know one thing.

You conservatives all bitch about unions, but the police have a union that will allow their officers to in some cases, literally get away with murder.

And, if they screw up bad enough to get laid off at one precinct, they can simply go and apply at another.

Sheesh...........................we hold the military to much higher standards than our police officers, and it shows.

You conservatives all bitch about unions, but the police have a union that will allow their officers to in some cases, literally get away with murder.

And, if they screw up bad enough to get laid off at one precinct, they can simply go and apply at another.

Sheesh...........................we hold the military to much higher standards than our police officers, and it shows.
I'm not saying all police officers were bullied, but the ones who were have a different motive then to protect and serve. The law is one big mafia, a rackette. Once they get that badge and power most abuse it. They act like the law doesn't apply to them. They get away with everything and quick to throw us in jail for an unpaid parking ticket. smh

I'm not saying all police officers were bullied, but the ones who were have a different motive then to protect and serve. The law is one big mafia, a rackette. Once they get that badge and power most abuse it. They act like the law doesn't apply to them. They get away with everything and quick to throw us in jail for an unpaid parking ticket. smh

That is because the police union is one of the strongest in the USA. Jimmy Hoffa could only dream of that kind of power.

And..............until we can come up with a better way of holding the police to account, the corruption and killings are going to keep on going.

The law is one big mafia, a rackette.

You may be right ... but you realize that police don't make law, they don't write law, and they rarely have much input into how laws are enforced.

The people you elect to office (many of whom are lawyers) are the one who create and maintain that particular 'racket'.

You may be right ... but you realize that police don't make law, they don't write law, and they rarely have much input into how laws are enforced.

The people you elect to office (many of whom are lawyers) are the one who create and maintain that particular 'racket'.
I know they don't make the laws they are here to simply enforce them. That doesn't mean they should get a slap on the wrist for committing a crime one of us would get thrown in jail for. Most of them probably don't know who where the laws come from. lol smh

Ummmm...............I'll agree that they don't write law, nor do they make laws, but they sure as hell ARE the ones that enforce them.

Only trouble is, they enforce them selectively, and if it's a crime that one of their own has committed, they do everything they can to sweep it under the rug.

but they sure as hell ARE the ones that enforce them.

Police rely on the interpretation of law put out by the Prosecutor's office to guide them in prosecution. A Prosecutor's office can decline to make cases for arrests made under certain conditions, effectively controlling how police enforce the law.

City councils and boards decide which city ordinances receive priority for enforcement and which ones are effectively ignored.

The enforcement of law is very much a political decision.

I disagree with them having quotas. I overheard an officer telling another officer that they need to make their quota for the month. So you know they just went out and did whatever they could to reach that quota

Most of them probably don't know who where the laws come from.

Grammatically speaking, that should be ...'Most of them probably don't know from where the laws come.'

And, believe me, we are fully aware of it.

but they sure as hell ARE the ones that enforce them.

Police rely on the interpretation of law put out by the Prosecutor's office to guide them in prosecution. A Prosecutor's office can decline to make cases for arrests made under certain conditions, effectively controlling how police enforce the law.

City councils and boards decide which city ordinances receive priority for enforcement and which ones are effectively ignored.

The enforcement of law is very much a political decision.

I look at enforcement as the cop sees you doing something wrong, arrests you for it and takes you to jail.

It's up to the courts to decide your innocence or guilt, but I look at the court as more of a legislative/bureaucratic process than an enforcement one.

But, when you end up going to jail, it falls to the cops to enforce the sentence.

Yea and that's messed up. The should have a better deseeding process.
They typically look for low IQ rednecks with an inclination to crack heads if they have the law behind them. I almost became a cop but they turned me off so badly in the interview process I told the guy to go suck a dick and walked out.

Forum List

Back